Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anything for a buck: PvE to PvP transfers.

After 4 years of explaining why they would never permit such transfers, here they are ...  Guess they realized that it would give them more cash since people will level on PvE servers and at 70 (soon 80), they will give another 25$ to Blizzard and transfer to a PvP server.  Plus a lot of people who do this are going to get their butts kicked and as soon as the cooldown is over, they will pay another 25$ to transfer back to a PvE server.

No, I am not a PvP elitist, actually I hate PvP since my UO days, but I realize that leveling on a PvP server is a lot tougher than leveling on a PvE server.  At least the people who started at level 1 on a PvP server and never left should get a title or something to show it..

Too bad that all the PvPers that said they would quit if Blizzard ever did this are already finding excuses to stay...

Comments

• SonofSethSonofSeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,884

It's not bad enough we have to mix in battlegrounds, now this, damn!

• RecantRecant Member UncommonPosts: 1,586

I can understand why people are upset, but things are different today than they were when realm transfers were first introduced.  PvE gear no longer makes you a PvP god, and getting ganked in World PvP makes a only neglible difference to how fast you level.

You can call me defensive if you like, but I honestly can't see how this could cause people to leave a game.

Still waiting for your Holy Grail MMORPG? Interesting...

• ThenariusThenarius Member Posts: 1,106

It will be a problem because people will rush on "popular" PvP servers.

I'm playing in EU and the popular servers like Al'Akir and Stormscale got a pretty high "Full" rate atm. Seeing how another thousand of players will transfer on them will make the servers pretty annoying.

• RecantRecant Member UncommonPosts: 1,586
    Originally posted by Thenarius

I'm playing in EU and the popular servers like Al'Akir and Stormscale got a pretty high "Full" rate atm. Seeing how another thousand of players will transfer on them will make the servers pretty annoying.

There are controls in place to stop disruptive migrations like this. 

From the Blizzard site:

A realm may not be an eligible destination for a variety of reasons, including:

- The realm is full or densely populated at this time.

- It has been fewer than 180 days since the realm was launched

- There might be an upcoming free character migration to or from this realm.

The aforementioned restrictions may also apply to the eligibility of source realms. Keep in mind that we are constantly evaluating these populations and availability may change without notice.

Still waiting for your Holy Grail MMORPG? Interesting...

• KaltesHerzKaltesHerz Member Posts: 237
    Originally posted by Thenarius

They won't allow transfers to already over crowded servers, they never have and never will. Geeze get a grip.

Want a taste of religion? Lick a witch.

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

Originally posted by Red_Rider
      After 4 years of explaining why they would never permit such transfers, here they are ...  Guess they realized that it would give them more cash since people will level on PvE servers and at 70 (soon 80), they will give another 25$ to Blizzard and transfer to a PvP server.  Plus a lot of people who do this are going to get their butts kicked and as soon as the cooldown is over, they will pay another 25$ to transfer back to a PvE server.
      No, I am not a PvP elitist, actually I hate PvP since my UO days, but I realize that leveling on a PvP server is a lot tougher than leveling on a PvE server.  At least the people who started at level 1 on a PvP server and never left should get a title or something to show it..
      Too bad that all the PvPers that said they would quit if Blizzard ever did this are already finding excuses to stay...

So what exactly is your problem with this? Are they 'forcing' players to perform these paid transfers? Are they 'forcing' players to stay on these servers if they don't like the situation with the transfers?

What about those people that have started a character on a PvP server and found they enjoyed it after already levelling another character on a PvE server and would like to transfer that higher level character to enjoy the higher level PvP experience?? Suppose it's just tough for them huh? There's no way they should be allowed to enjoy a high level PvP experience without going through the pain and suffering that every PvP server player had to go through to get there.

There is also nothing stopping PvP players transferring to an 'easier' PvE server and then back again is there, so it works both ways if you are that way inclined and have the cash to waste doing it!

It's not like whole PvE servers are gonna start transferring across to PvP servers especially when there is more open PvP coming with WoTLK anyway, so it won't make a huge difference in the long run.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• Red_RiderRed_Rider Member Posts: 261
    Originally posted by jason_webb

Suppose it's just tough for them huh? There's no way they should be allowed to enjoy a high level PvP experience without going through the pain and suffering that every PvP server player had to go through to get there.

Exactly,  you admit that the experience is much more difficult on a PvP server, so Blizzard is now telling the tens of thousands of people who did it the hard way that their accomplishement is worthless.   For the PvPers it is akin to Blizzard letting people buy a fully decked level 70. 

Maybe it is because I am a player from the older games (UO, EQ1 Asherons Call etc) where you had to take responsibility for your actions and work for what you got.  

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

I admitted nothing of the sort, i was reflecting the point of the poster in a slightly sarcastic manner (sorry you didn't get that)!

...and on a side note, you said earlier "No, I am not a PvP elitist" yet the remarks in the last post are purely that of an elitist player. Make up your mind!

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

This  thread is a whole lot of .

So what if someone can move their character from a PvE to a PvP server. Like you are even going to know the difference. If you do, then just smoke the person out in the game world. No big deal.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• pencilrickpencilrick Member Posts: 1,550

Are you sure this isn't backwards?  Maybe the moves will likely be PVP to PVE. 

I have met several online players who rerolled on a PVE server after their PVP experience.  They said they were always being ganked trying to complete quests.  I also look at the PVP server populations, and more of them appear "Low" status than PVE.

I'm guessing that when WAR launches, what's left of the PVP crowd in WOW will head to the new game, leaving WOW's PVP servers kind of thin. 

Then the idea of server tranfers between PVE and PVP makes sense; the surviving PVP'ers can go to a PVE server.

• Red_RiderRed_Rider Member Posts: 261

Transfers from PvP to PvE have always been allowed, the opposite was not.

• valkyrieUKvalkyrieUK Member Posts: 39

Got to say that the first thing that crossed my mind when they announced the change to transfer policy was what the hell was going to happen to faction balance (given that faction balance is already a bit fubared).

And of course it is showing to too many players that if they whine long enough and hard enough Blizzard will crumple like a wet paper bag which opens the door to incessant bleating for:

Swapping faction

Changing gender

Pre-TBC Servers

Pre - WOTLK Servers (OK, I find this one a bit far fetched but I am sure someone will whine).

How are Blizzard going to say "not going to happen" when they can get PVE=PvP transfers thrown in their face.  Most MMO communities are a half step away from anarchy at the best of times and this is only going to make it worse.

Oh, and my sympathies to old school PvP players.  Experience tells me that those who are not at all prepared for the experience of FFA PvP are going to find it is not to their taste and instead of waiting for the next transfer window, will start to wail about how unfair it is.  Before you know it there are guards everywhere again...

• marowitmarowit Member UncommonPosts: 268

I think it is a way to keep the pvp realms a bit populated in case WAR manages to steal allot of subs.

REMEMBER THE OLD DAYS AND REGRET THEY HAVE PASSED.

• Black_ElvisBlack_Elvis Member Posts: 188
    Originally posted by marowit

I think it is a way to keep the pvp realms a bit populated in case WAR manages to steal allot of subs.

This.

Also, it makes them money.  WHich we all know bliz has a love for.

• MapleshadeMapleshade Member Posts: 38

Relax people about the pve-pvp transfer.  I've leved to 70, raided in t-5/6 on both servers and they're virtually identical.  The only difference is you might get ganked while doing dailies on a pvp server.  Other than that, there's really no difference.  It's a business decision, as someone stated, to keep the Pvp servers populated due to the competition.

• TrianonTrianon Member Posts: 112
    Originally posted by Recant

I can understand why people are upset, but things are different today than they were when realm transfers were first introduced.  PvE gear no longer makes you a PvP god, and getting ganked in World PvP makes a only neglible difference to how fast you level.
    You can call me defensive if you like, but I honestly can't see how this could cause people to leave a game.

Utter Bullshit.

You speak so much crap it is not even funny. T6 is NOT the norm even for PvP servers, the people who are transferring to our server are basically all the End game T6 Raiders who now see the opportunity to act like asshats. The gear imbalance and general asshat approach of these people is already being felt. The only people to really suffer in this are the average players who like to play on PvP servers.  The gear imblance is so ridiculous now that a significant number of people (including myself) are so pissed off at this money grabbin bullshit that we are quitting wow, most after four years of play.

This is probably the single most disgraceful act I have seen Blizzard pull off.

• coffeecoffee Member Posts: 2,007
    Originally posted by Trianon

Utter Bullshit.

You speak so much crap it is not even funny. T6 is NOT the norm even for PvP servers, the people who are transferring to our server are basically all the End game T6 Raiders who now see the opportunity to act like asshats. The gear imbalance and general asshat approach of these people is already being felt. The only people to really suffer in this are the average players who like to play on PvP servers.  The gear imblance is so ridiculous now that a significant number of people (including myself) are so pissed off at this money grabbin bullshit that we are quitting wow, most after four years of play.

I am sorry when did being on a PvE server make it easier to get T6 gear.. oh yeah cus of full player looting. oh wait no.  Cus of open dungeons and other players giefing... nope.  The onyl difference is the possibility of a fight breakingout by the meeting stone delaying your raid for a few minutes.

This PVE <> PVP transfer stuff is just a topic the haters have leeched onto but it has ZERO impact on real players.

Originally posted by coffee

Utter Bullshit.

I am sorry when did being on a PvE server make it easier to get T6 gear.. oh yeah cus of full player looting. oh wait no.  Cus of open dungeons and other players giefing... nope.  The onyl difference is the possibility of a fight breakingout by the meeting stone delaying your raid for a few minutes.

This PVE <> PVP transfer stuff is just a topic the haters have leeched onto but it has ZERO impact on real players.

And your a moron. We now have large numbers of T6 geared asshats basically shutting down content for the other faction. When you have one person ganking it's usually not a big deal. When you have 20 to 25 T6 geared players shutting down content it's a problem.

The PvE --> PvP is not a haters topic, most of us have been playing WoW since Day 1.  Despite what people think the PvP servers were pretty much self managing, when people started acting like asshats a few others would join up and kill them, they would leave. Getting enough people to take on 20+ T6 geared players is pretty much impossible for either faction on our server.

Now I realise your a troll, and probably judging from your grammatical capabilities probably a 4th grade troll, but writing off this problem as 'haters' is a just a knee-jerk fanboi response. Blizzard has just created a significant problem (and judging from what the responses I am seeing across several forums)  on more than one server.

PS. Nobody mentioned shit about how how getting T6 on a PvE server was easier or different from getting it on a PvP server. So if you want to discuss the topic do so, if you want to make random stupid arguments I seriously recommend you ask your parents to drown you, Darwin would be proud of them.

Utter Bullshit.

And your a moron. We now have large numbers of T6 geared asshats basically shutting down content for the other faction. When you have one person ganking it's usually not a big deal. When you have 20 to 25 T6 geared players shutting down content it's a problem.

The PvE --> PvP is not a haters topic, most of us have been playing WoW since Day 1.  Despite what people think the PvP servers were pretty much self managing, when people started acting like asshats a few others would join up and kill them, they would leave. Getting enough people to take on 20+ T6 geared players is pretty much impossible for either faction on our server.

Now I realise your a troll, and probably judging from your grammatical capabilities probably a 4th grade troll, but writing off this problem as 'haters' is a just a knee-jerk fanboi response. Blizzard has just created a significant problem (and judging from what the responses I am seeing across several forums)  on more than one server.

PS. Nobody mentioned shit about how how getting T6 on a PvE server was easier or different from getting it on a PvP server. So if you want to discuss the topic do so, if you want to make random stupid arguments I seriously recommend you ask your parents to drown you, Darwin would be proud of them.

First off calling me a moron get you nothing. grow up.

What the problem if some 1 earns T6 on a PvE or a PvP server? if some 1 earns T6 on a PvP server and transfers to my PvP server why is that ok.. but is some earns T6 gear a PvE server and transfers to my PvP server why is that wrong? please explain.

The guy that earned his T6 on a PvE server worked jsut as hard as the guy on a PvP server. And every player on a PvE server or those who decide to transfer will not be in T6.. get some perspective.

• DemenshaDemensha Member UncommonPosts: 76

speak for yourself........................this was the last straw for me, i cancelled my 3 accounts the moment i read it on the wow site

Utter Bullshit.

What the problem if some 1 earns T6 on a PvE or a PvP server? if some 1 earns T6 on a PvP server and transfers to my PvP server why is that ok.. but is some earns T6 gear a PvE server and transfers to my PvP server why is that wrong? please explain.

The guy that earned his T6 on a PvE server worked jsut as hard as the guy on a PvP server. And every player on a PvE server or those who decide to transfer will not be in T6.. get some perspective.

You are a moron, and you are not capable of reading/understanding the topic. So do not post any more. If you want to argue the point, do so. NOBODY has mentioned where someone earned their T6, in all honesty you need to go drown yourself.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

I can't believe they caved on this one. It always made sense to me, playing PvE and not being able to transfer to PvP. This move just adds to the whole "Level fastest to 70" type of playstyle.

Utter Bullshit.

You are a moron, and you are not capable of reading/understanding the topic. So do not post any more. If you want to argue the point, do so. NOBODY has mentioned where someone earned their T6, in all honesty you need to go drown yourself.

Ok we'll leave it at that. I cant talk to some who does not want to listen.

Utter Bullshit.

Ok we'll leave it at that. I cant talk to some who does not want to listen.

Well done, if you do want someone to explain what the actual topic was that you couldn't comprehend send me a PM and I will knock out some crayon pictures for you.

Can some one other than Trianon ( adults only please ) explain to me why PvE > PvP transfers are bad.  Cus I realy dont see it.

The only thing I can see is its easier/faster to level on a PvE server but thats it.