Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What about the positive guys?

2»

Comments

• V_Repoman_VV_Repoman_V Member Posts: 22

Runescape fans:

Grinders Online Addicted to Training Skills [GOATS]

Jagex:

Not Open to Other Bot-stopping Strategies [NOOBS]

• amescoamesco Member Posts: 52
    Originally posted by Tuss

Originally posted by amesco

Wonder how this plan is going to crash and burn. No offense, but you two are one of the few on these forums that protect rs anymore.

THESE forums. There's plenty of other places out there to find supporters. Mainly in-game. And there are PLENTY of players in-game.

Ok..... You have fun with that .

Originally posted by V_Repoman_V

Runescape fans:
    Grinders Online Addicted to Training Skills [GOATS]

Jagex:
    Not Open to Other Bot-stopping Strategies [NOOBS]

lol. Good one.

• Jalice888Jalice888 Member CommonPosts: 113

Like the huge majority I got so annoyed but not with pk gone as I enjoyed the wild after that. The Trade Limit & Grand Exchange wiped well over 3/5th the value off my bank stock without warning and primarily did it to everyone to balance it to shops and seems how they got stuff themselves to resell in ways to improve their own mod designer stocks as Jagex staff I found to be the worst cheats and liers of the lot!

What finally made me totally sick of them, after playing for five years having a lvl111 account with 1846 total having done all but 15 quests, was the cost of membership kept going up when our $NZ increased considerably to $US and my complaints to them got a negative lie comment that "I was wrong and when the $US improved then it would be cheaper for me to play" so does anyone else not know their maths to realise if $US goes up our $NZ will mean a lot lot more to play. Even trying to go directly to Jagex just got mods reply so confirmed that they are the same.

As far as age restriction kids of all ages played regardless and I knew several 7 & 8 yr olds that happened to be better friends than most teenagers. As a mature adult I had huge numbers of adult friends but while most were good a couple were bad including a womaniser male that deceived his wife and even used her account for more contact and with kids he just traumatised so many of them to make them quit in tears and opening up age restriction will only make that more common - as said above Jagex DON'T CARE so good luck to the poor fools that keep playing and I hope you are very rich as it drained a lot of funds from me while my experience decreased to 1/4 or 1/5 what I originally was getting thus paying even more to play.

Quick Chat, yes better than clan chat as clan chat only meant good friends joining in a chat already well into it usually listen to the wrong conversation of many going on together and got the wrong idea so really packed a wobbly & bye to a long standing friendship for the wrong reason - they should never have added that as it caused more trouble than ever.

• mif12mif12 Member Posts: 8

OK THIS HAS MADE ME MAD !!!!

TELL ME OF JUST ONE other game were you can not only fish but cook the fish and cutt trees and start fires you can actually STEAL stuff!!!!

And im not saying that jagex isn't better of hireing a bunch of monkeys BECAUSE THEY ARE!!!!

But it's still a great game...

SO STOP BIKERING YOU CANDY A$$ GIRLS!!!!!!!

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396
    Originally posted by mif12

TELL ME OF JUST ONE other game were you can not only fish but cook the fish and cutt trees and start fires you can actually STEAL stuff!!!!
    And im not saying that jagex isn't better of hireing a bunch of monkeys BECAUSE THEY ARE!!!!

Hey look!  90% of the RS community!

Yeah, because everybody just loves hours and hours of grinding for nothing. It's funny to see you people try to defend rs.

• TussTuss Member Posts: 103

See, this is why I don't like coming here. Everybody gets off topic all the time. This thread is about what the people who think that the game is good should be called. Stick to the subject.

I lost all my dignity a long time ago.

• Matt269Matt269 Member Posts: 124

Well if the majority of people that defend ruinedscape are like you then i sure as hell don't want to play ruinedscape. Thanks for showing everyone here what the rs community is like.

• rasgrixrasgrix Member Posts: 169

Lol

• wise_old_manwise_old_man Member Posts: 8

It's funny how people from (wow) always saying runescape sucks witch is a browser based game and java. That doesn't even go near the category with wow not the thing is wow players should actualy see there real competition is guild wars. People from wow think that they can bag on any game saying its better but wait guild wars can be way more fun.

one thing is that all u do in wow is attack, someone tell me something else u don't do other then attack i mean theres few things like mineing, ect, ect witch all lead to help u attack so what do u do in wow attack!

wow player- wannah go attack?                                  other wow player- sure thats all we can do on this game.

The reason I played RS was it cost far less than WOW at the start but working out increased costs with much lowered experience proved to me that RS maximum levels would cost a lot more than even WOW now. I don't have 50 years or more left to play to max my RS account so no way will I play it even though I still have the addictive feel of it but great that they changed it to far worse design to kill that feeling too - at least I can thank Jagex for that lol!

If you know enough about RS then you know over 10 million accounts were made for it and less than 1 million accounts play it now with lots of those macros and also a lot controlled by Jagex to manipulate the game there and this allows them to be listed on forums where they are mods for forums and remove the complaints that have honest definite proof of Jagex failures so on RS forums the truth is well hidden and only stupid worthless complaints like 'why remove pking' remain to make you think they keep the game honest, sorry to say but most there play in great ignorance to the truth!

For now I just waste time playing 'Tales of Pirates' from IGG who have a lot of free to play games that seem good but as with any game it has a lot of worry and being newer than RS by far it needs so much improving but there I can just get into my own game and ignore the chat while I can get my account player up to high lvl earning lots the hard way but it is possible to go anywhere without paying membership like Jagex make you so you can enjoy the full game - IGG do sell equipment & other items to make it a lot easier to help your account but thats the choice you have paying to do it easy or playing for real and doing it the hard way, I have no respect for people that don't do the work themselves and to respect someone due to their level is to be conned by a majority of cheats, hackers or else the unfortunte that play 24/7 and will die young for sure!!!

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359
    Originally posted by wise_old_man

It's funny how people from (wow) always saying runescape sucks witch is a browser based game and java. That doesn't even go near the category with wow not the thing is wow players should actualy see there real competition is guild wars. People from wow think that they can bag on any game saying its better but wait guild wars can be way more fun.

one thing is that all u do in wow is attack, someone tell me something else u don't do other then attack i mean theres few things like mineing, ect, ect witch all lead to help u attack so what do u do in wow attack!
    wow player- wannah go attack?                                  other wow player- sure thats all we can do on this game.

I agree Guild wars is the better game.  Though I am confused about the WOW comments.. You are the first one I have seen in this thread that mentioned that game . LOL .. maybe you can show me the quote because I looked over it again and I still didn't see it. I am not a big fan of WOW myself but am very much looking forward to Guild wars 2. This game doesn;t suck because it is in java or because it is  browser based. THis game sucks because of mismangement and poor customer service. It is as simple as that. Instead of making their game better they choose to take everything fun about the game away from it, and spit in the faces of the people who have helped make this game what it was. They mistreat their players, and are only concerned about turnover rather than making a quality game that players want to play for years. They have removed most of the player fredoms and are gearing it up for the childrens market  and could care less what their mature players even want.

• rasgrixrasgrix Member Posts: 169
    Originally posted by wise_old_man

I agree Guild Wars is much more fun but its not really competing against WoW.

• Originally posted by wise_old_man

"u" is not a real word.

Devastating to hear that, I know, but it's true.

And it's "etc" not ect. And "which", not witch. And "there's", not theres.

Aside from that, most of your post was pretty hard to understand.

I don't usually play the Spelling Police, but when you rant on and on about how immature people are in other games, I suggest you check your mirror.

• TussTuss Member Posts: 103

Okay, to get in the last post that's actually on-topic, we will be called the Anti-POES. If you have a problem with it, tough cookies.

I lost all my dignity a long time ago.

Originally posted by Tuss

Okay, to get in the last post that's actually on-topic, we will be called the Anti-POES. If you have a problem with it, tough cookies.

Silly boys. POES is not about who likes the game and who doesn;t. Being Upset with a company for providing poor customer service, and messing up their products does not  mean you have to choose sides here. They have done things you were not happy with as well, and  yes you still like the game and are willing to settle for what they have left you with.  Do you defend their customer service? You should not have to defned them at all, instead you go get  a JAG staff member and tell them to come on over here and debate it out with the gaming population, oh yea ... they would probaly just ban you for suggesting it.  There is no reason you should have to make excuses for their poor decsions. Just because you like the game, that does not make it okay for them to make substandard work, nor does it mean that the gaming population should have to just accept it , or say that oh it's okay we should give them a "java handicapp".  As I have stated before there are good things about the game, but the bad outweighs the good in it's current form.  Sure I would love for Jagex to pull their heads out and make it into a good game, That would be great, I don't see them wanting to do this though, they haven't so far so why would they now? ANTI PISSED OFF EX SCAPERS is just silly. The sad thing here is we actually all want the same thing. A fun game that everyone is happy with, just you haven't realized that yet.

Seems a contradiction there with Antipissedoff Exscapers being for people that quit the game that weren't so worried about the game.

We POES are against the wrongful destruction of the game away from the way the original designers had made it such fun to play, like in real life it's the vilans, scum & thieves that ruin life but in real life you don't see them offer pathetic benefits to these people while further destroying the lives of decent people.

After finding other games to be even worse I have gone back to F2P so I can muck about while catching up to whats left of the better friends I had made there in the years I have played it. Maybe Tuss you can call your group RSCC (RuneScapeChatClub)!

• SimiswimmSimiswimm Member Posts: 127
    Originally posted by deviliscious
    ...or say that oh it's okay we should give them a "java handicapp"...

Java handicap my ass, they said better graphics were impossible because of Java; what did they just do?

• meat_bag0meat_bag0 Member Posts: 94

Personally i think that generally, RS is about the same game... There were changes to trading and wilderness ect. I see it as people getting mad cuz they want easy or free money and they cant get it as easy...whiners... i can understand that being rich is fun but it makes me feel better to have earned it personally... and pking is still there in the form of clan wars and bh. i dont care what anyone says...clan wars is great...

*??)XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX(??*
    ?.•??.•*??)?.•*?*•.?(??*•.??•.?
    (?.•? (?.• MEAT_BAG0 •.?) ?•.?)
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Originally posted by meat_bag0

Personally i think that generally, RS is about the same game... There were changes to trading and wilderness ect. I see it as people getting mad cuz they want easy or free money and they cant get it as easy...whiners... i can understand that being rich is fun but it makes me feel better to have earned it personally... and pking is still there in the form of clan wars and bh. i dont care what anyone says...clan wars is great...

No, it is not the same game. I cannot even do any of the things i used to do on that game. All I did was help people and pk. Old runescape  you could give your friends birthday presents, christmas presents, help them by making the supplies they needed.  On halloween we would run up to random people and say" tirck or treat"  and trade them. Not to get "free stuff" but to give them free stuff! I had owned everything there was to own on that game and saw no point in stockpiling poorly drawn pixel crap for myself, I would rather give it to someone who could use it. I used to make my friends runes, craft their hides for them, give them mage levels by giving them runes and hides to alch for me. I used to make their addy bolts, make their armors, Make their nats for them. When i wanted to have fun I would go on my lil nooblet and go out and pk an entire clan solo. Where on this game can I do any of these things anymore? We used to go out to mb and have mud pie fights for no other reason than to have fun. I used to train in the wilderness and be able to train and pk at the same time. I don't understand how anyone can compare the extremely controlled environments they put in place of the player freedoms that were stripped.  I loved walking up to some kid who just started and was killing cows and give him a mil to watch him freak out and run around going "OMG!!"  That in itself made the game worth playing. Now all it is is stockpile a bunch of pixel crap so you can dress your toon up like princess barbie and run around saying " l00k I am Th3 Bigg357 N00b!

• SimiswimmSimiswimm Member Posts: 127
    Originally posted by deviliscious

Originally posted by meat_bag0

No, it is not the same game. I cannot even do any of the things i used to do on that game. All I did was help people and pk. Old runescape  you could give your friends birthday presents, christmas presents, help them by making the supplies they needed.  On halloween we would run up to random people and say" tirck or treat"  and trade them. Not to get "free stuff" but to give them free stuff! I had owned everything there was to own on that game and saw no point in stockpiling poorly drawn pixel crap for myself, I would rather give it to someone who could use it. I used to make my friends runes, craft their hides for them, give them mage levels by giving them runes and hides to alch for me. I used to make their addy bolts, make their armors, Make their nats for them. When i wanted to have fun I would go on my lil nooblet and go out and pk an entire clan solo. Where on this game can I do any of these things anymore? We used to go out to mb and have mud pie fights for no other reason than to have fun. I used to train in the wilderness and be able to train and pk at the same time. I don't understand how anyone can compare the extremely controlled environments they put in place of the player freedoms that were stripped.  I loved walking up to some kid who just started and was killing cows and give him a mil to watch him freak out and run around going "OMG!!"  That in itself made the game worth playing. Now all it is is stockpile a bunch of pixel crap so you can dress your toon up like princess barbie and run around saying " l00k I am Th3 Bigg357 N00b!

Lol, trying to convince people like Meat_Bag0 that they are wrong is futile, because people like him are in such heavy denial that anything is wrong at all. The game could be shut down and people like Meat_Bag0 would keep trying to play RuneScape on a 404 not found page, and say nothing was changed still.

Meat_Bag0 is the kind of person who got the game screwed up in the first place, aside from the RWT'ers (Which may I remind you, has not actually been fixed at all.)

In addition, clan wars is NOT great, because it makes you use far more resources in the same period of time a normal clan war would, you get NO REWARDS at all, and there is NO RISK. The minigame doesn't even deserve to be in the wilderness, despite the fact there is no more wilderness.

On the subject of wilderness, revs are stupid, I can beat a level 138 rev by setting my char to auto with a protect prayer on and walk away from my keyboard. It's just yet another monster, and doesen't even come close to a real player in terms of strength.

• BlisseyBlissey Member Posts: 515
    Originally posted by Matt269

Precisely. I used to defend runescape all the time. I thought it was a really good game. But Jagex went too far with their updates and what really pisses me off is that they don't give a shit about us veterans. A jagex mod even made that clear on the official forums. Their agenda is to attract new players to the game, but at the expense of their veteran players. It's obvious that if you go onto their forums and make a suggestion they disagree with you get your thread locked or your post hidden.
    These updates have essentially destroyed the game but that wasn't what completely ruined the game for me. If it weren't for their rudeness and lack of consideration of players; opinions then I might be still playing. I know that many innocent players have also been perm muted and banned for the stupidest reasons ever. This is why I am so pissed off at them. The updates also pissed me off but I might still be playing if they hadn't removed their customer service.

Well Explained. Honest, Truthful, and down- to-the point.

• friidrickfriidrick Member Posts: 33

I still like the game  :) i have nothing against it.... well they are some things that need to be changed.

SPR

Still Playing Runescape

Playing: WoW, Eve online, guild wars

Played: Everquest, runescape, archlord,lineage, lotro

Waiting for: Aion

• BlisseyBlissey Member Posts: 515

As I said: "the problem is inside, not outside".