Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

They need to redesign the items drop on death

Tyres100Tyres100 Member Posts: 704

I just started playing again. But I am so pissed because I lost everything I had in my inventory. I died when my power went out, I was low hp's and did not get to eat just before that and came back dead. Lost all my stuff except 3 items.

This is frustrating and goes back to the one feature I absolutely did not like about hardcore gaming. I am fine with most hardcore things on older games but this is something I hate.

They need to offer a service where you can insure all your items in your bag and on whatever you are wearing. So that when you die they do not drop. Make it cost 10k gold per item I don't care, anything. Death in this game sucks when you do it by means you have no control over.

And to think I was enjoying myself till I lost over 300k worth stuff. Damn them.

Who let you in the VIP section?

Comments

• DarwiDarwi Member Posts: 5

I don't think they should remove the death penalty, it gives the game an added sense of danger. I am not speaking unsympatheticlly here, I died a couple of times and lost at least 35 mil in items over all. I feel your pain it is very costly to die.

What I would like to see is maybe a system where the player picks the 3 items kept on death. This way if you die to lag, the game won't protect something stupid over what you actually need. As it stands now, the item's value depends on its sell price to the gen store (or somethng like that) it's not based on player value. I would like to pick what I can keep.

• AethiosAethios Member Posts: 1,527

Originally posted by Darwi
    As it stands now, the item's value depends on its sell price to the gen store (or somethng like that) it's not based on player value. I would like to pick what I can keep.

I believe this was changed with the introduction of the Exchange, although I could be wrong.

EDIT: I guess I was wrong after all. From the "Death" section of the online manual:

NOTE: The value of an item is not dependent upon the market price. The value is the set price defined by the RuneScape world.
  • DarwiDarwi Member Posts: 5

^^^ thanks for finding that. I try not to die too much so I'm not too familiar with what actually keeps what item over that item. I do know that I would like to be in charge of what items I keep upon death.

• BlisseyBlissey Member Posts: 515

Honestly right now, its a very poorly designed with those lame "grave-stones". I cannot do more than curse at such a sight! Hmm Why couldn't they do any better? I honestly have read many honest stories, arguments, comments, and debates about this just when it came up. An idea of mine would be, to have to wait at least 15 minutes for the object to appear instead of having the object just vanish right after the "grave-stone" time limit expires. Now that makes more sense. Runescape is a game that lives by the people. It's a social game yet Jagex its trying to kill the very heart of its freedom. For me, I already quit Runescape, but for those who still play it:

it will be a helluva long time or probably never until Jagex actually does the two steps that can partially revive their dying game:

step 1.Humble Themselves.

step2:Be Unique and Be Creative.

• bluegoo2bluegoo2 Member Posts: 72

You want to destroy about the only good thing that is left about that game.

GG.

If you look deeper, the truth is, there is nothing left for me in that game.Probably for you there is, it all depends on your head.  Hell, I would play 24 hours for 3 days of no-trade limit. But times have changed, and I don't care wether my comments agree with Jagex. I'm totally against their idiotic morals anyway! They thought that people were too addicted to quit. THEY thought that because of the love people had for their forsaken game, the people would not quit. Right now they are wrong, my friend. For 2 months straight, the highest amount of players runescape lately is 96000-100000. Don't get me wrong. I check everyday. During the late hours though, runescape gets 30000-40000 players. Ha. And they lie about player growth during their interviews. What a load of bunk. Honestly. That's one of the reasons I quit, and all I can say is: the good times have past, its time to move on. Screw it all, better times will come in the future.

• Matt269Matt269 Member Posts: 124

What I really hate about the items drop on death system is that it determines what items are kept based on high alch value not market value. They should be based on market value since that is what is udsed during trading now, so why not use it for item drop on death too. I died once and kep my cruddy veracs armour over my sara sword which really pissed me off. Luckily I got back to my grave in time, but still. They really need to fix this. I feel especially sorry for people with phats. Its bad enough for me having to worry about losing my Santa lol.

Originally posted by Matt269

What I really hate about the items drop on death system is that it determines what items are kept based on high alch value not market value. They should be based on market value since that is what is udsed during trading now, so why not use it for item drop on death too. I died once and kep my cruddy veracs armour over my sara sword which really pissed me off. Luckily I got back to my grave in time, but still. They really need to fix this. I feel especially sorry for people with phats. Its bad enough for me having to worry about losing my Santa lol.

Oh well, Jagex is still hard-headed eh. I wonder when they will start listening to customers and start putting customer's ideas into action. Polls are not enough. If they just respected the F2p players too and allowed them to post in the rs forums. Hell, not only members have brains you know. Jagex is really hard-headed, they only try to hide it just like the lies they made. Oh man...