Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aeria interested in Shin Megami Tensei Online?

Aeria Games has a poll up in their forum index asking their members how interested they'd be in a NA version of Shin Megami Tensei Online.  So far the polls are very favorable. As a fangirl of the STMS, Persona and Devil Summoner Series, I nearly fell over. I of course immediately picked the "I'd give up a kidney to play it" option. But most of the people are willing to give it a try without organ removal. Keep your fingers crossed the numbers stay favorable or better yet go vote yes.  (organ donation optional)  

Comments

• PrinnySquadPrinnySquad Member Posts: 90

If they had put a copy of the (most excellent) Persona 3 combat system in, I'd be down, but it looks like the combat system is pretty standard fare. Saw a gameplay video with some guy killing snakes and stuff. If you took out the guy in the burgundy suit jacket and put in some person in armor I couldn't tell the difference between that and some other generic MMO.

I mean, I still hope they do it for the people who want it, and I'd support bringing it over, but I just probably wouldn't play.

Persona 4 though, will be a definite purchase.

• Suo_Eno_1357Suo_Eno_1357 Member UncommonPosts: 168

A member here Welles had posted a guide last year on how to join Shin Megami Tensei : IMAGINE JP's OB. I gave it a shot but suffice to say I didn't get far due to the obvious language obstacle. This onRPG post here gives a clearer picture. Apparently quite a number of members there are still active on the jp version. Judging from what you can read there, the guides are still working I guess so give it a shot to taste. If this is the one that Aeria plans to localize then I can imagine the prayers of most SMT and Atlus observers are being answered after quite a long wait. Now on to a rough list of findings from my short lived stint:-

- It was open beta and jp version. Maybe I didn't manage to get out of newb zone as quick as I wanted to but it was fairly barren so something's a bit off there.

- If you're into and don't mind anime-ish graphics then this is definitely your title. It's somewhat easy on the eyes and if my lowly geforce 6200 comp can run this acceptably fair at low-med settings, then peeps with 2008 rigs shouldn't have any issues at all.

• Suo_Eno_1357Suo_Eno_1357 Member UncommonPosts: 168

Aeria Games Announces Acquisition of Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine Online for

North American and European Release

Santa Clara, Calif. (Sept. 9, 2008) – Aeria Games’ newest acquisition from Cave Co., Ltd., Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine Online, also called “MegaTen,” will soon be released in the European and North American online PC gaming markets in four languages: English, French, German and Spanish.

Shin Megami Tensei is a major intellectual property of the well-known Japanese developer and publisher, Atlus Co., Ltd. The first of many titles in the franchise was released by Atlus in 1992 for the Japanese Super NES and has grown a large and loyal following around the world with additional game titles for consumer consoles and handheld systems. The latest installment brings the brand online.

Originally released in Japan in Q1 2007, Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine Online was Cave’s first massive multiplayer online (MMO) title for PC. MegaTen has become a huge success with a large fan following. Aeria Games plans on bringing that success to the European and North American markets as it has done with its titles Last Chaos and Shaiya.

Set in a fictional post-apocalyptic Tokyo, survivors attempt to restore the city by defeating demons and solving puzzles. Each player acts as a “Devil Buster.” Success relies on forming an alliance with demons or slaying them.

MegaTen offers numerous unique features:

• Strategic Real-time Fighting System - Choose between attacking, parrying and defending in real time.

• Diverse Weaponry – Use a wide array of weapons from medieval swords to modern-day rifles and handguns.

• Devil Partnership – Players negotiate with devils to assist in battle and missions.

• Devil Fusing – Players can combine multiple devils to create new breeds.

• Private Dungeons – In addition to the public battle areas, players can access private dungeons to hunt and collect items with their friends.

About Aeria Games:

Aeria Games is the dynamic gaming community where players of all backgrounds and interests can connect, share, and enjoy an unparalleled variety of Massive Multiplayer Online (MMO) games from all over the world.

Our vision is to provide the best Community Gaming Experience and Service to each and every one of our players and best of all, every game is FREE to Play! Start playing our games today by registering your Aeria Games account at www.aeriagames.com.

Founded in 2006, Aeria Games & Entertainment, Inc. is based in Silicon Valley, California.

Spencer Chi

Producer

Aeria Games & Entertainment

source

gameplay vid from siliconera

• SempaiEclipseSempaiEclipse Member Posts: 164

Yes, I can't wait for it..<3333

I just hope it's good.

Thanks Impyriel for the sig^^