Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IGN has a release date for Aion?

JquikJquik Member Posts: 130

I don't think i can believe the date is this soon, but here's what IGN says.

http://pc.ign.com/objects/822/822535.html

Comments

• QmireQmire Member Posts: 423

too good to be true!

And on my freaking B-day.... God couldn't have given me a better present if this is true haha.

Well this game is more polished than any of the current upcoming mmorpgs whose been or about to be released so meh (Already been at endgame abyss testing for 2-3 months?).

But but but... wasn't the open beta first to come out later this year for US/EU?

Meh can't believe it, same one last year with AoC kek.

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860

Maybe it's kinda accurate for the korean release (due to start open beta around october) but the release in US/EU is estimated for 2009's first quarter.

• DouhkDouhk Member Posts: 1,019

That's possibly the release in Korean areas, but certainly not America. There would be much more talk of it if this was true.

Early '09 seems to be a good estimate for now, but it's safer to assume mid '09 if you ask me.

image If only SW:TOR could be this epic...

• alzemualzemu Member Posts: 22

I remember reading somewhere in Korean site that Aion will be open beta in october. In KOREA.

So I'm guessing that date is for that.

We could...hope though..right? :P

• SharajatSharajat Member Posts: 926

That has to be a mistake.  HAS TO BE.

In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own.

-Thomas Jefferson

• ZidelZidel Member Posts: 6

The date for IGN and Amazon and all other pre-order places are from the original releae date thought, and companies stick to this date simply to hype people for the game and to get pre-orders early on. It's all mone for them :)

Q1 2009 as of now is the real release, possibly getting pushed back to Q2 2009

• solidbrimsolidbrim Member Posts: 6

Original prejections seem to have been guessed at Fall '08.  That guess was what I read a year ago.  Since CBT most previews have guessed First Quarter of '09 (as everyone else has said).  MMOzine was the latest to mention this date aswell.

• rafmeisterrafmeister Member Posts: 69

Um you guys might want to actually read a bit. Developers have been  saying for months now that it won't be released sometime in early 09 at the earliest. This was confirmed by me and many other people who attended PAX.  Just read almost any review of  the PAX  exhibit  and you will see the same thing.

Always remember the rules of release dates.

1. Never believe anything you see on a game site.

2. If it didn't come from the developers see rule 1.

• solidbrimsolidbrim Member Posts: 6

That was why I said "guessed."  Game retailers and preview companies have no clue unless it is official.  NCSoft hasn't given any "official" word expect possible Early '09.  Sorry if I left the impression that it was a definate date before then.

• ZidelZidel Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by rafmeister

Um you guys might want to actually read a bit. Developers have been  saying for months now that it won't be released sometime in early 09 at the earliest. This was confirmed by me and many other people who attended PAX.  Just read almost any review of  the PAX  exhibit  and you will see the same thing.

2. If it didn't come from the developers see rule 1

Maybe you should read the other posts before replying to the original first 1-2. The last 4-5 people have stated that it's Q1 2009 as of now ;)

• sholovablesholovable Member Posts: 4

Oh... i thougth the cofirmation date has been pushed back to mid 2009. Beta is in early 2009. Or did i get this wrong?

• rafmeisterrafmeister Member Posts: 69

There are not going to be any betas outside of korea. They will have preview events, but that is about it. And as was said earlier as confirmed at PAX planned  release date is for some time early 2009, but that assumes everything will go according to plan and there are no delays.

• Kane4002Kane4002 Member Posts: 36
    Originally posted by sholovable

Oh... i thougth the cofirmation date has been pushed back to mid 2009. Beta is in early 2009. Or did i get this wrong?

There will be preview events in Q1 2009 which will replace open beta in NA/EU... Closed beta is underway in Korea atm.

• NC_KieronNC_Kieron Aion Community Relations ManagerMember Posts: 11

As many posters have stated, dates listed on IGN and other sites are incorrect.  We have not announced a NA/EU release date for Aion other than to say some time during 2009.

The best place to visit for important announcements such as the release date, Preview event information, etc. is the official Aion website.  If the information is not there, it hasn't been announced yet.

kieron
    Community Relations Manager - Aion
    NCsoft Austin

• kivaveikkokivaveikko Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by Kane4002

There will be preview events in Q1 2009 which will replace open beta in NA/EU... Closed beta is underway in Korea atm.

Closed Beta has been closed for months in Korea. And people are waiting for Open Beta / CBT 4 there.

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

There is not going to be a Beta for NA/EU, this has been stated a few times and is actually a major qualm of the community. The leaders of Aion decided there has been more than enough testing, between the Korean Betas and the Community Events, and thus when the game hits our shores it will come as a complete, playable package. Not a Beta.

A lot of people are complaining they'd rather have a beta, but I'm sure a lot of these are people who want to try the game before they pay for it. However, PlayNC (the publishers of Aion) have a really good reputation of offering 7-14 day trials for their games, so I'm sure everyone will have a chance to get their wings before they decide if they actually want to fly.

EDIT: there are supposed to be a few events between now and '09 to give us a taste of the game and, I'm sure, to appease a community that has been waiting for years. I don't imagine these will last very long, probably just long enough to leave you wanting more.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• ZyllosZyllos Member UncommonPosts: 537
    Originally posted by rafmeister

2. If it didn't come from the developers see rule 1.

Heh, if you follow this logic and apply it to just a random person saying it, your stuck in an infinite loop!

Aion Fan: When does Aion get released?

Random Person: October!

Aion Fan: Hmmm...well never believe anything from a game site. It did not come from a game developer so did it come from game site? No, so did it come from a developer? Arrragh!

lol  ok maybe I am just crazy lol

MMOs Played: I can no longer list them all in the 500 character limit.

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860

There will be no "beta" in here as we know them, since betas mean testing the game, and the game will be tested and with the first expansion on the works whenever it hits our shelves, there will be some trials before the release, details to be revealed soon enough.

• kivaveikkokivaveikko Member Posts: 7

Just to clarify, there will be a preview event and tiny test of the english translation in 09 before the game launch, you have had the chance to get so called preview stickers which have instructions how to participate into the preview event once it's time for that.