Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Don't be shy....or should I say skeptical..

When I first saw this game, I said to myself,"Wow, what a piece of pig shit how did it get rated an 8.0!?" Then I began reading about how this game is so addicting and fun.. I just quit WoW and just wanted something to play recreationally so I just said oh what the hell, let's give this a try..

3 Hours later. I literally can not take my eyes of the computer screen, this game is far too addicting.  The wide variety of things to do, the amount of classes and variations to choose from, is something sure to keep you entertained for hours upon hours. People often judge a game by its graphics and yes, this game looks like shit somewhat but the graphics are improving slowly with patches. This game really reminds me of Everquest 1 when it first came out. The gameplay and something about it just keeps you glued to your computer screen, something about this game is so entertaining, I can not describe it. It's like Counter-Strike 1.6, bad graphics but boy, it kicks most of the FPS genre's asses. Minions of Mirth is the same way, it may not look great to the eye but it is a total blast and the community is the best community you'll encounter in any MMO these days.

I'm glad I didn't pass up on this game.. I am having a great time playing on my Human Warrior/Druid/Bard. Just a little note, the beginning of the game is hard, it's like Everquest where you start out ask yourself,"What the hell am I suppose to now.." Just get used to it and you'll be as addicted as I am. If you need help when you first start you can contact me at /t Vindicator "your question".  Well my fingers are tired of typing, but if you choose to play this game, stick out the beginning and you'll be addicted as ever. If you do not choose to play this game, your missing out but hey, these days theres many MMO's to select from. :)

-Michaeld733

:)

Comments

• PleatherPleather Member Posts: 2

Hey.

• crunchyblackcrunchyblack Member Posts: 1,362

The OP didnt really review the game, not sure why your thanking him for giving an honest review.  Make me think this is more of a fanboi advertisement thread. Kinda sad he got sucked into a terrible game, i feel bad for him.  The reason there are so many "haters" of this game posting it sucks and it doesnt deserve the rating is because it is terrible and doesnt deserve the rating.  there are plenty of games far superior to this in every aspect.

dont take my word though, go download it, i bet within a few hours youll be dropping  "this game sucks" posts.

Oh and the graphics are only a small factor that made me ditch this game quick.  If you dont mind a poor community, horrible gameplay mechanics, and boring combat, then youll love this game.

• daktardaktar Member Posts: 8

Here's another opinion that the community is downright terrible. I played this game for about a day, it wasn't anything great but it wasn't terrible either. However, what I witnessed on public chat was quite horrible.

There was some person, obviously very intelligent and well spoken, who was challenging one of the moderators in a very logical way...no swear words or immature rants...a clear rational challenge to the moderator's negative use of his "mute" feature. 

This wasn't the normal person you expected to be muted , this person had some very interesting arguments and points that I (and others) wanted to hear more of.  

The moderator tried to debate this person and was failing to rationally address the points. So what did he do? Instead of sane rebuttal, the moderator muted the person!

This felt like "Well gee I can't really answer your points because they make too much sense, so I'll mute you because you need to feel my all encompassing power and then I can prove how right I am by the fact that you cant reply".

Needless to say, that was my last moment in that game. After I got over the shock, I quickly logged out and deleted that game from my hard drive.

I don't care how good the game is. When I see behavior like this from the "authorities" in the game, I know I'm in the wrong place. I say this to you readers as a bit of a warning, don't get too involved in a place like this. It would be sad to lose your account months after you built up a good character because you accidentally said the wrong thing or dared to try to be rational.

• m183ym183y Member Posts: 3

Nobody "lost their account" because the moderators could not argue against rational discussions. Fact is, I would rather the moderators mute anyone who just wants to use the game as a platform for their arguments. I dislike listening to these sorts of discussions when I am trying to play a game. Easy enough, since any of the channels in Mirth can be muted... but it still bothers me. You want arguments? Go to college or post on some forum. Don't expect that moderators in a game are there to do nothing but hold debates with players. The fact is that excessively arguing with moderators is a violation of the game policy no matter how rational the argument is. Nobody owes you anything.

• daktardaktar Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by m183y

Nobody "lost their account" because the moderators could not argue against rational discussions. Fact is, I would rather the moderators mute anyone who just wants to use the game as a platform for their arguments. I dislike listening to these sorts of discussions when I am trying to play a game. Easy enough, since any of the channels in Mirth can be muted... but it still bothers me. You want arguments? Go to college or post on some forum. Don't expect that moderators in a game are there to do nothing but hold debates with players. The fact is that excessively arguing with moderators is a violation of the game policy no matter how rational the argument is. Nobody owes you anything.

The original reason the intelligent person was challenging the moderators had to do with a fairly draconian reaction to a new player who wasn't getting a simple question answered. Instead of taking the 10 seconds to type the answer, the new player got muted for repeating a question. In my opinion, it was absolutely appropriate that some intelligent person was taking on the moderators.

In point of fact, regardless of what people want or don't want on forums or chat channels, a moderator has a philosophical and ethical duty to be accountable for his or her moderation. The best moderators are those who can respond to a rational challenge in a good way. That good way might be explaining what they did and why they did it, even though they are not required to explain anything. The willingness to explain demonstrates objectivity, rationality, and maturity in a moderator.

Certainly muting someone  just because "you don't like them" is not a good moderation policy (and if we can't agree on that then I daresay there is no further useful discussion we can have). Where we seem to disagree is in the muting of someone who was being rational and calm in his or her challenge to a moderator. In the particular case I related, I personally felt the challenge was justified and the muting of the moderator unjustified. What made this egregious in my mind was that the moderator was "losing" the debate; it was being effectively and clearly shown that the moderator did not have to be so heavy handed and that doing so could actually cause damage to the community. Now a good moderator would have admitted his or her error and apologized, or presented some logical reasoning to counter the challenge. This moderator chose to mute his challenger instead. I just can't agree that this is a good thing in any way.

A related point: if I were a moderator, I would resist muting someone who was being rational and intelligent. That's the wrong incentive. I want smarter and saner discussion in game channels. In fact, I would encourage this kind of discussion in any (sane) forum I was moderating. Personally, I enjoy intelligent rational discussion in mmorpg channels while I'm bored and grinding. It makes the grinding go faster. Chilling that is a game breaker, at least for me. Given what you say you want to see in a chat channel, maybe this game is for you. It's certainly a game I will avoid.

As a direct response to some of your assertions, I never claimed anyone owes me or anyone else anything. I am not arguing against the license of a moderator to mute someone. Playing a game is a personal decision. If you don't like the policies or moderators in a game, it is upon you to express this by leaving and (if it's appropriate) letting others know why and how you feel in a calm rational way. Many times, due to people's own agendas, they can't hear what you have to say in this regard. C'est la vie.