Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

about eqclassic servers

keremixkeremix Member Posts: 13

Today a friend I've met in EQ2 told me about eqclassic servers which will be just like in the old days. Guilds unlocking new expansions wont be possible and every year a new expansion will be unlocked. However all the bugs will be cleared.

When i entered the website he has given me, which is eqclassic.org, I was surprised that everything seems perfect, just like eq players have imagined. But as far as I understand this server will not be an official server, but a server made by old eq players instead.

I have searched the forums but couldnt find any information about it. It might be wrong to post it here but they claim to be perfectly legal. Does anyone have any information about the eqclassic servers and when they will start?

current:
EQ(project1999)/Half Elf/Bard/Lvl 7

EQ/Human/Shadowknight/14(retired)
EQ/Erudite/Wizard/22(retired)
WoW/Dwarf/Warrior/Jari/Lvl 44(retired)
EQ2/Ogre/Bruiser/Ashur/Lvl 31
EvE/Rads Atreid
EQ2/Antonia Bayle/High Elf/Fury/Loreleia/70

MMOs played:EQ,WoW,EQ2

MMOs tried:SWG,ATitD,Vanguard,Eve

Comments

• peteski123peteski123 Member UncommonPosts: 447
    Originally posted by keremix

Today a friend I've met in EQ2 told me about eqclassic servers which will be just like in the old days. Guilds unlocking new expansions wont be possible and every year a new expansion will be unlocked. However all the bugs will be cleared.
    When i entered the website he has given me, which is eqclassic.org, I was surprised that everything seems perfect, just like eq players have imagined. But as far as I understand this server will not be an official server, but a server made by old eq players instead.
    I have searched the forums but couldnt find any information about it. It might be wrong to post it here but they claim to be perfectly legal. Does anyone have any information about the eqclassic servers and when they will start?

I have no idea but that sounds great,, the offical classic servers have TEAMS of guilds working round the clock to open new expansions,  seems POINTLESS being a classic if all are unlocked in no time..  lets hope the one year unlock is true..  looking now :)

quick heads up,

The original 3 continents will be on realease with as lvl 50 limit, then 6 months later Kunark with 60 limit then 6 months later Velius, no date as yet given my offical site..  still waiting

• keremixkeremix Member Posts: 13

any clue about the year we should be expecting it? 2008 or 2009?

current:
    EQ(project1999)/Half Elf/Bard/Lvl 7

EQ/Human/Shadowknight/14(retired)
    EQ/Erudite/Wizard/22(retired)
    WoW/Dwarf/Warrior/Jari/Lvl 44(retired)
    EQ2/Ogre/Bruiser/Ashur/Lvl 31
    EvE/Rads Atreid
    EQ2/Antonia Bayle/High Elf/Fury/Loreleia/70

MMOs played:EQ,WoW,EQ2

MMOs tried:SWG,ATitD,Vanguard,Eve

from reading how far they are atm I would guess 2009

edit:  sent you a Pm

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Originally posted by keremix
    <Mod edit>

<Mod edit>

Dev Chat from July 2008
    forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m
    warren142:
    (are you) work(ing) on a legit EQ classic server?
    [EQ]Absor:
    I can't say what the future holds, but for now we have no specific plans for such a server.

This discussion has been closed.