Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do I delete my MMORPG account?

scip1234scip1234 Member Posts: 3

Title says it.  I can't find it in the profile section anywhere.  If a mod can do it that would work too.  Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Superman0XSuperman0X Member RarePosts: 2,292

Why do people always want to cancel free accounts? The only real thing you achieve is preventing youself from using it again. Do people really lack that much self control?

• scip1234scip1234 Member Posts: 3

Why cancel a free account? For a few reasons:

[1.] I don't want my email address listed in another database.

[2.] Free accounts are usually associated with spam and advertisement emails.

[3.] I had a specific reason for creating this account and now that reason is over with.

So how do I delete my account?

• AethiosAethios Member Posts: 1,527

From the privacy policy:

NOTE: MMORPG.COM never sells or shares any of your personal information with other parties. All information is strictly for internal use and all e-mails are only sent from our facilities.

Your profile and account management can be accessed from the "My Profile" link in the top right corner, but I didn't see any way to delete the account. I would assume you'll have to email the staff and ask them to do it for you.

• scip1234scip1234 Member Posts: 3

All websites say that shit.  I have yet to find one that hasn't sent me some type of advertisement email.

Obviously this is too difficult of a post for the board users to comprehend so I'll take it to the support email. 

Thanks.

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

Hello,

a) We don't delete accounts at all.  They are a permanent record of activity at our website.  Your user account is tied to login records, posts, comments, blogs, guilds, game ratings, hype, etc, etc, etc.  Deleting the record breaks all kinds of references.

b) We don't ever sell our users email addresses and the only messages you will get from us are the ones you opted in for like contest alerts, news alerts, daily digests, weekly newsletters.  All of these can be shutoff in your profile area if you opted for this when you created the account.  We have never sent an email to our community outside of these items and none of them are marketing messages (we hate that kind of crap)

c) While you cannot delete your account you are more than welcome to change your email to something bogus like [email protected] (and let's of course hope this is not someone's real address - lol).  This will leave your account inactive since you can't actually receive mail at this address.

Honestly, if we were really an "evil spammer" website asking us to delete your account would probably result in the company lying and still keeping your email in a file or something.  If you cannot trust a companies privacy policy you probably should't trust them to delete your information.

[Deleted User]

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

• AethiosAethios Member Posts: 1,527

Originally posted by Admin
    If you cannot trust a companies privacy policy you probably shouldn't trust them to delete your information.

He's absolutely right. Facebook, anyone?

• ArezonArezon Member UncommonPosts: 282

Easy solution. Never come to this website again.

• ItirelItirel Member Posts: 88

Is that sig even legal? Arnie is win!