Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FFXI or Lineage II ?

KimahriKimahri Member UncommonPosts: 61

image Ok i just want to ask what is better FFXI or Lineage II i read about Lineage II and there wasnt much ppls who like it image then please write me what is better

Thanx (Damn i always say Thanx in end lol image)

Kimahri Ronso

Comments

• HebrewBombHebrewBomb Member UncommonPosts: 520

Yeah "much ppls doesn't like it" but it's most played MMORPG.

I guess L2 revealed new truth on the table.

"The more people hate a particular game, the more people play it".

LOL

Nothing beats L2 in its best political term.

Maybe GW will with its radically different approach to PvP concept (less size but more compact skill play)

But again L2 is simple and brute political simulation and is still 2nd generation artifact which feels comfortable in its own suit while GW is pushing for not 3rd but 4th generation ideas

• BigPeelerBigPeeler Member Posts: 1,270

there's 2 MAIN reasons people dont like L2 (not the only reasons, just the main reasons)...

#1. these days people are used to MMORPG's where practically everybody has at least 1 maxed out character... when a game comes around that actually requires time, people are going to complain... bassically, the grind...

#2. the open PvP system...

as long as you can deal with these 2 things you will like L2...

L2 = fun PvP, large scale battles, great politics, awesome graphics/sound and much more...

i've noticed a trend too... practically 99% of the people (not ALL the people... just most of them) who flame L2 will openly admit to only getting to like level 10 before quitting... you CANT judge Lineage 2 at level 10... the game doesnt even begin untill practically level 40+...

Castle Sieges, Clan Wars, Boss Raids... cant do anything at level 10...

--------------------------------
    Games Played - Too many to list~
    Games Currently Playing - Lineage 2, RF Online.
    Favorite Game So Far - Lineage 1 ^^
    Waiting For - WoW (OB is gonna be hell T_T l337 d3wdz everywhere =_=)

--------------------------------------

• KelsonmacKelsonmac Member Posts: 313

I have played both FFXI and Lineage 2 extensively. Here are the major differences as I see it:

1. Final Fantasy XI requires that you party in any level past around level 12 (depending on what job you are). In Lineage 2 you can solo in many of the professions throughout the game. Of course, you might be better off in a party. However, simply put, you can solo in Lineage 2. In Final Fantasy XI it was not unusual for me to wait for hours on end for a party . . . and then you just had to hope and pray you had a good party when you got one.

2. The guilds are totally different. In Final Fantasy XI the guilds are called Linkshells, which have unlimited membership. Yes, this helps tremendously when it comes to finding a party. If you like to chat a lot, Linkshells are for you. Lineage 2 has Clans, which need to be levelled in order to invite more members and other bonuses. In Lineage 2, being a clan leader is tough work. The Clan leader has to be dedicated and patient. A new clan in Lineage 2 can have only 10 members, and you get more as you level the clan (not an easy proposition). But I find a good Clan in Lineage 2 more rewarding than a good Linkshell in Final Fantasy XI.

3. Final Fantasy features interchangeable jobs and subjobs. If you get bored with playing a certain profession, you can just switch. Also, when you combine jobs and subjobs correctly, you can be very powerful or creative. In Lineage 2 you choose a path and stick to it. If you are a fighter and want to be a magic user, you have to create a new character.

4. Lineage 2 allows you to create several characters on a server of your choice. Final Fantasy XI places you on a random server, and if you want to create more characters it will cost you extra money.

5. For all intents and purposes, I find Final Fantasy XI to be a carebear game. There really are no surprises whatsoever. Some of the jobs are cool, but I find the game to be somewhat linear. Lineage 2 offers more freedom. It is also much more hardcore. You never know if the guy standing next to you might suddenly pull out his bow and shoot you.

6. When you attack a mob in Final Fantasy XI it belongs to you or your party unless you hit a hotkey to call for help. In Lineage 2, someone can attack something you've been fighting (KSing) and reduce your loot/exp.

7. Because of PvP and KSing and the simple dire need for cash, I find that the Lineage 2 community is far more hardcore than Final Fantasy XI's community. The Lineage 2 players I know often approach the game like a religion, where Final Fantasy XI people are far more happy go lucky.

I was pleased in the time I spent with Final Fantasy XI. I met some good people and made a lot of friends. When I started playing Lineage 2, I spent a lot of time between both games. Ultimately, it was the hours and hours of total inactivity while waiting to find a party in FFXI that caused me to suspend my membership and uninstall the game.

For my money Lineage 2 is better for me because it has more of the aspects I enjoy. But FFXI is a fine game as well.

• bairanaxbairanax Member Posts: 26

I was a beta tester in the North American Closed beta of Lineage2.  The game was lacking a lot of high end content, but I was still able to get to a respectable level 34 before open beta began.  But even with a lot of high end content missing, the game was very enjoyable.  The penalized pvp anywhere system was good, it allowed the players to police themselves.  It also added risk if you decided to try to attack a fellow player, and penalizes you even more for continuously griefing a neutral player.  The combat and spell system was fun, and was reasonably balanced.  One thing I disliked about the game during closed beta was the dependancy of items instead of skills.  A level 1 with a Falchion was probably more powerful than a level 10 with a Gladius.  I don't know if this was changed at all, and I doubt it would be since item dependancy is a large part of the game.  It drives the economy, and makes death even more dangerous as you can drop some items when you die. 

After watching the Chronicle 2 teaser movie up on Fileplanet, I have to admit, Lineage2 appears to have turned into a great game.  But I am saving my money and energy for the release of World of Warcraft. hehe

-----------------------------------------
    Xaven - Lvl 60 Orc Hunter
    Discordia guild - Archimonde
    http://www.discordia-guild.org

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384
    Do you have a third option? image

Originally posted by WizGamer
    Now hear me out, its just an opinion, I don't want yours. .

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• HebrewBombHebrewBomb Member UncommonPosts: 520

Originally posted by En1Gma
    Do you have a third option? image

Originally posted by WizGamer
    Now hear me out, its just an opinion, I don't want yours. .

We sure do. It starts with 5th letter of greek alphabet and ends with a number. The marking translates in Scyntian "Pagan worship of Carebear Goddess"

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180

Lineage 2!! I have been playing lineage 2 since North American Closed beta and I am still playing! Its a great game, I like the PvP system and Clan System,

LOTS OF STUFF TO DO!! Clan wars, Castle seiges, PvPing, Pking(lol), Grouping, Exploring(Did this a lot in Closed Beta), and more

~Greatness

Games Currently Playing: Lineage 2, Runescape, World of Warcraft

I am 56% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing