Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

STO-NET HEADED FOR A REBIRTH? UH OH

The New Page of STO-NET      

My head is spinning. Sure, STO-NET was a good resource for STO information, and its site was glossy. But it was a propoganda site where the mods would stiffle real discussion, where everything was rosy and fair until the very end. Mind you STO burned and collapsed before it was sold to Cryptic in 2008.

Do we really need it again as a fan site?

Hailing Frequency is a cool site, really cool. I think it does the job superbly.

I doubt there would be enough members though, since there are already official forums.

So please tell me the new screen at STO-NET's page is just that, just a screen. We don't need a new fan site, and we don't need STO-NET.

Comments

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Well, Im sure they will bring it back up.

Personally, I pray that they don't. I agree with the OP that it looked nice but the adminstration and staff there were, pardon my french, some of the biggest asses I have seen in a forum fan site to date.

It was pretty bad the crap they did over there and against the people that didn't hold on to their beliefs. I hope Cryptic does not fall for their ass kissing as Perpetual did.

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• ToadmonkeyToadmonkey Member UncommonPosts: 84

Heh-  a lot of the old birds are now filling the Cryptic Star Trek  forum with stories games and tib bits.

Not that I have a problem with that.  It's actually fun to post/read content  there.  Good job Cryptic with the Site!

I didn't have to bitch like I did with PE. 

PS:  Enigma-  Who is LadyFlower Ironforge?

• ShanniaShannia Member Posts: 2,096

The good news is, no matter how much the dictators and the cronies of ST-O.net suck up to the Cryptic devs, they will never have the access they did with PE.  Saying that, unless of course, the folks from PE went to work at Cryptic, then it is all hell again aways.  ST-O.net shut down for good reason and they should stay that way.  They wanted the glory of being the mouth piece of STO, then got pissed when people would disagree with their views and ban people from their forums for speaking their mind.  They simply can't be trusted.

Fear not fanbois, we are not trolls, let's take off your tin foil hat and learn what VAPORWARE is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporware

"Vaporware is a term used to describe a software or hardware product that is announced by a developer well in advance of release, but which then fails to emerge after having well exceeded the period of development time that was initially claimed or would normally be expected for the development cycle of a similar product."

• triatomtriatom Member Posts: 15

I actually heard that STO.net will not be coming back up. And as far as that reserved spot, it's just a reserved spot, and STO.net will not be back anytime soon.

This is actually what I heard from my Fleet Admiral,  who knows some of the STO.net guys, but you never know anything could happen.

• FaxxerFaxxer Member Posts: 3,247

Nonsense!  One can NEVER have too many Trek fan sites!!!! 

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by Toadmonkey

Heh-  a lot of the old birds are now filling the Cryptic Star Trek  forum with stories games and tib bits.
    Not that I have a problem with that.  It's actually fun to post/read content  there.  Good job Cryptic with the Site!
    I didn't have to bitch like I did with PE. 

As long as Cryptic keeps only their own forums "official" and gives no site preferential treatment, or any news/posts from devs before that news/post is placed on the official forums first, let STO.NET come back, it won't last long without the owners there having the devs in their corner.

And Ladyflower Ironforge is from a discussion I had with Laura ("Taera") where she insisted she could have a daffodil-picking, pacifist dwarf if she wanted. And i agreed, since it was hard to go against Lauras' logic at times.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384
    Originally posted by Toadmonkey

She was the community manager here until July. 2 weeks after she left mmorpg.com to join EVE as the community Manager she was killed tragically.

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• ToadmonkeyToadmonkey Member UncommonPosts: 84

DOH!    I read about that.....I am very bad with names. 

nice touch Enigma,

• GraffGraff Member Posts: 83

OH NOES TEH WORLD IS GOING TO END.

Why do you care? Cryptic have their own forums and the trolling is as strong as ever here so how do they affect you? Get over it!