Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I guess the end is near.

124»

Comments

• abhaighabhaigh Member Posts: 390

Face it, TR has failed to even get close t othe shadow of its full potential, the devs are clueless, garriot a space-cowby, and the game a hollow shell full of vapour and broken promises.

To the fanbois still playing, good for you, enjoy it while you can

To the rest of us, C'mon Stargate!

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Steelrose

You are so wrong. Im telling you, there are 2 expansions in the works (one full planet in the first and destroyed earth in the other). There are only 4 servers, but they are packed full of players. Just download the trial and see by yourself, and stop guessing here about the number of sub.

LOL what expansion? Two even? You must be living in a dream.

Come on! Be realistic here. They put promissed features (by Lord "idiot" British himself) like the PAU's and PC controlled NPC squads on indefinite hold!

And then you going to tell me that they are working on 2 expansions? Hahaha you make me spit under my whole screen.

I keep a close eye on TR's development and I have never seen any statement or any proof that they are working on even one expansion. Not with such low subscription base.

The only thing they are working on is a new crafting system and the improved CP's. That's it!

Hell even the City of ... franchise has more subs at this moment and they haven't seen an expansion in years.

Have a nice dream.

-------------

The only expansion that can make TR come around is the implementation of Lore and an actual Storyline that will bring more depth into the game. Creating actual factions to bring sense and meaning to PVP!

Next to that an actual and decent clan/guild system with enough basic features that are expected as standard in MMO's these days.

And then to add a little more addictivity to the game they will need to come up with actual itemization and complete revision / expanding of the class trees to fill up the gap between level30 and level50! As now the game and your progression is over at level30.

Cheers

• RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136
    Originally posted by haggus71

Man, flame much?  You just have to read the title to tell where this was going.  Lucky for you the mods here don't pay attention to flame fests.  Otherwise, this would have been locked at the title.  Nothing useful, except attempts at self-gratification and thinking your opinion is the majority.  GG.

Actually his opinion must be the majority. Since TR has sold over 150k copies since last year and only 30-40k still play the math alone says most who tried have quit. Why is it when someone posts a negative view they are told they had nothing useful to add? Truth is both positive and negative views can be useful. If someone is thinking of buying the game they have the right o hear both sides. Fanbois always want it one way and that is why you are never credible in the gaming world.

TR has simply failed to live up to the hype that RG alone provided when he claimed this game would be a challenger to WOWs MMO supremacy. Broken promises from a dev team that does not seem to have a goal in mind but meanders around and does things that boggle the mind for a game that does not have solid sub numbers to back up these mistakes.

Your posts added nothing to the thread, you offered no opinions other than to flame the OP. Well done in defending the game.

• haggus71haggus71 Member Posts: 254

For me, this game is the first MMO that I can enjoy playing at a low level.  They even make the grinding fun.

{ Mod Edit } 

Originally posted by haggus71

For me, this game is the first MMO that I can enjoy playing at a low level. They even make the grinding fun.

{ Mod Edit }

The ways to improve this game have been posted many times on the site the devs actually visit. Here where I do not see the devs post it is kind of pointless to give ideas on how to improve a game that only people like us would then read.

TR is great at low levels. The game ends around level 30 when the content gets thin and overused. I read every post in the thread and as a person who played since the first month and played again last month I tend to agree the game is dying or at least mortally wounded by low population. NCSofts own number confirm it has done nothing put lose money. I suggest you do research before trying again.

TR has potential, the problem becomes when does potential become reality? TR devs have not steered the potential ship anywhere near that big land mass known as reality.  TR is not that good, it has great combat and everywhere else it fell flat as an MMO.

TR is good at low level and then you hit tier 4 classes and the fun just grinds to a halt. The story dies and the war you keep expecting never breaks out. Come back and tell me you love this game after 4 months of playing. Then at least we will have but in similar amounts of time and we can compare opinions then. The first month I player TR I thought I had found the best MMO ever. Then I hit level 30.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Rokurgepta

TR is good at low level and then you hit tier 4 classes and the fun just grinds to a halt. The story dies and the war you keep expecting never breaks out. Come back and tell me you love this game after 4 months of playing. Then at least we will have but in similar amounts of time and we can compare opinions then. The first month I player TR I thought I had found the best MMO ever. Then I hit level 30.

Great .. i just got it a couple of days ago at Fry's for $4.99. I am only L6 now. I guess if it takes month to get to L30 and I would call it a great $5 experience.

A MMO does not need to have good high level content to be worthwhile to play. It is just that the play time would be pretty short. I have no problem playing a game up to only L30 and quit .. providing that the price is right.

Originally posted by nariusseldon

Originally posted by Rokurgepta

Great .. i just got it a couple of days ago at Fry's for $4.99. I am only L6 now. I guess if it takes month to get to L30 and I would call it a great $5 experience.

A MMO does not need to have good high level content to be worthwhile to play. It is just that the play time would be pretty short. I have no problem playing a game up to only L30 and quit .. providing that the price is right.

Except when it came out the plan was not for it to be a $5 game. Only through failure has the price reached such a low so quick. An MMO by its nature is supposed to be a long term investment in the game. TR fails to be such and really is not an MMO. Good high level content keeps players and an MMO needs to keep players to make money. They spend much more than the average game to create and need to be successful over a longer period of time to make that money back and turn a profit.

Sure for $5 you are getting your moneys worth there can be no doubt there, but that does not speak well for the games long term future does it? If people play for only a month or two and then quit this game would need to sell millions of copies to stay alive. A game like Guildwars has proven you can make money without a monthly fee, but you need to sell 4 million copies or so like they did to make that a reality.

• LeGrayLeGray Member UncommonPosts: 65

the problem is: TR is a nice game. so is COH/COV, but no way I'd pay 14€ a month to play both.

what ncsoft needs (and they're pretty stupid imho because they should've recognized that a long time ago) is a soe-like station pass where you can play multiple games with one inexpensive sub.

TR etc. are fine, just no "full fledged" mmos. what kills them is ncsoft's greed trying to get the normal subrates.
    I'd dare to say with a station pass and a sub around 5€ even auto assault would still be around.

but seeing the direction ncsoft is heading.. DR is very minimalistic diablo-clone, Exteel is niche... maybe guildwars 2 can bring in some money. we'll see how much "asiagrinder" aion really is if it's ever released.

• ZtyXZtyX Member UncommonPosts: 368

Aaaah.... You know. I think we are all very picky.

When it comes down to it it is very very hard to satisfy mmo gamers.

Originally posted by ZtyX

Aaaah.... You know. I think we are all very picky.

When it comes down to it it is very very hard to satisfy mmo gamers.

We are and we have the right to be. These MMOs want us to buy the game and pay a monthly fee. For that I as a customer have basic expectations they have to meet to get that money. $15 a month is not by itself a large sum, but over a year that adds up to a little chunk of change I could spend in other ways. If a game wants my money, it needs to be deeper and planned out better than most of the MMOs today.

One thing gamers do not seem to like is paid beta, by that I mean games coming out and then spending the next year balancing and fixing things they knew were wrong before release. Its all about money, this is a business these game companies are not in it to make you happy unless your happiness coincides with them making a profit.

The happier we are the more likely we are to stay. This is the reason UO got money out of me for about 5 years or so. It had things to do at all levels and had things to do besides kill the baddies. You can make an MMO that has no sandbox and has a great story, but you can not do that and succeed if you add no real content or continue the story after release. Constant updates for fixing do not count as content to me.

So I do not know if MMO players are hard to satisfy or if it is just that satisfying us costs too much so they all take the cheap way out. Lets face it there is one game out there that is keeping a large amount of people happy, they must do something right.

Originally posted by LeGray

the problem is: TR is a nice game. so is COH/COV, but no way I'd pay 14€ a month to play both.
    what ncsoft needs (and they're pretty stupid imho because they should've recognized that a long time ago) is a soe-like station pass where you can play multiple games with one inexpensive sub.
    TR etc. are fine, just no "full fledged" mmos. what kills them is ncsoft's greed trying to get the normal subrates.

I'd dare to say with a station pass and a sub around 5€ even auto assault would still be around.
    but seeing the direction ncsoft is heading.. DR is very minimalistic diablo-clone, Exteel is niche... maybe guildwars 2 can bring in some money. we'll how much "asiagrinder" aion really is if it's ever released.

Yeah I too have been surprised that NCSoft with the number of games they are up to does not have an all access pass type system. Exteel is thrown in free if you buy the DR box, DR is a fun little game for a bit.

I am hoping GW2 is a huge hit as I enjoyed the first for a couple of years. Adding the pay for all might keep a couple of their games afloat that are not doing well. Problem for them is their biggest hit has no sub fee so how do you get those people to pay?

• megaraxmegarax Member UncommonPosts: 269

Iv'e done the trial.  For me it had something going for a while. But it got boring day 2. TAB - press preffered key. rinse repeat. Just like an ordinary mmo , the feeling of doing something isnt there.