Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is there still alot of players?

2»

Comments

• MartusMartus Member Posts: 2

I'm still injoying the time I spend in GW but it does not  seem like a mmorpg any more and has lost alot of it's luster. There are still alot of ppl that may show up in the game, but the problem lays in the fact that so many ppl are to busy farming...(Over farming most of the time)... for stuff that they don't even what other than to sell it for 10K or more, nobody really plays GW any more, unless there playing a class that they had not done before.

• HorrorScopeHorrorScope Member UncommonPosts: 599

Ok lets say GW's isn't a MMO. The one reason it's not a ghost town like other mmo's can become is because there is one server in regards to players. So even though GW's gets beat up all the time over people creating their own definitions of a mmorpo. The one thing people seem to overlook, is with GW's you are always able to get to any player in the game period. Not 10,000 on one server, 10,000 on another. GW's you can get to over 1 million players. With that it keeps the population seem workable at any time. This is something the MMORPG big boys can really work on imo.

The good news for me is I only care about the team I'm on when playing. So this game satisfies that need. Everyone else out there not on my team isn't needed for me to enjoy the game. Bottom line is it's a co-op game.

• NartholdNarthold Member Posts: 21

Get Guild Wars. Its got no subscription fee and in my opinion it's better than 90 percent of all subscription based MMO's out there.

• haggus71haggus71 Member Posts: 254

Guild Wars is a great choice, especially if you like balanced PvP.  Everyone is the same level, and teamwork is encouraged throughout the game.  If you like running solo, you can equip a full team with henchman, and 3 heroes who have templates you can adjust like your own, and micromanage their skills if you want.  As it is now, the game has been out long enough that most people wil either play with their guildies, or play H/H solo in PvE.  PvP still has a very active community and a lot of choices to fit your skill/preference. 

On-topic, you go to International districts if you want peace and quiet.  Go to AD1 and you will find crowds in most towns, especially big trade centers like Lion's Arch, Kaineng Center, and Kamadan; and ToA.  Considering the last major content release was about a year ago, this game is among the most active I've seen.

• zilinskaszilinskas Member Posts: 8

GW has a good player base, it isn't big but the game have a good quantity of players to do the pvp and pve in general.

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

i was pleasantly surprised yesterday, i went to Divinity Coast in Tyria to go vanquishing and found about 20+ players in the American District. DC is not a main hub, just a mission outpost. The other day, i found around 20 something people in Quarrel Falls. With about 80+ outposts 75+ Mission outposts, 17 Towns, and people spread out all over the place  doing God knows what, i think GW is pretty well populated for a 3year old game.

Pre Searing Ascalon regularly has about 5 districts

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

Originally posted by illyana
    i was pleasantly surprised yesterday, i went to Divinity Coast in Tyria to go vanquishing and found about 20+ players in the American District. DC is not a main hub, just a mission outpost. The other day, i found around 20 something people in Quarrel Falls. With about 80+ outposts 75+ Mission outposts, 17 Towns, and people spread out all over the place  doing God knows what, i think GW is pretty well populated for a 3year old game.
    Pre Searing Ascalon regularly has about 5 districts image

Probably farming... And pre-searing is full of people trying to get their pre-searing 20s and then farm and sell dyes to people.

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938
    Originally posted by illyana

Pre Searing Ascalon regularly has about 5 districts

Exactly. What people don't realise is that on top of the fact that there are so many outposts and towns, the LARGE majority of people logged in are actually playing the game, meaning they're out in instances doing their thing. If all those people were to trek to towns, as many do during holiday events, we would have very many districts being created.

• TalRashaTalRasha Member UncommonPosts: 827
    Originally posted by Lonesamurai1

Originally posted by kingofnothin

Originally posted by beaverz

Gw isnt a mmorpg, so that might be a problem for soem gamers, but gw has much more polish that aoc. Gw still has quite a lot of player that still play because all the stuff you acheive in gw1 will unlock stuff in gw2, so many players are trying to beat every thing that can be beaten in the game (takes a while).
    Join a guild in a pve alliance ad you'll have no problems finding players to play with. I suggest you look for a guild in the guild wars guru forums.

Massively multiplayer online role-playing games

(MMORPGs) are a genre of computer role-playing games (CRPGs) in which a large number of players interact with one another in a virtual world.

How can you say Guild Wars isn't a mmorpg? douche

Fully Instanced

No player interaction outside towns unless your partied with people

limited number of people per town (100)

Limited chat to only your town district, no world chat

Theres four good reasons right there

Not really good reasons all. Because you could apply it to Age of Conan too. It's fully instanced, not more than a limited number of people on the same map before a new instance of the map is made.

By your reasons, AoC isn't an mmorpg either. And if you draw the line at 5000 people instead of 100, then WoW isn't an mmorpg either.

• wonderartswonderarts Member Posts: 11

Guys dont act stupid when you say prophs and facs got empty you actually talk about Kaineng and LA try to think about it they lost population becouse the trade centres switched once in international ascalon,LA,kaineng now the trade centre is american kamadan. About the missions in the begining of this year they were deseted but now i see life again in every single mission in game which is good for new player which are seen in every starter city . The pvp just play RA/TA till you get some skill and than look what is your favorite pvp type GvG,AB,HA and maybe HB which i really enjoy since im 243#

• jmgamer03jmgamer03 Member Posts: 1

I still play sometimes but not that often. I wish the players weren't so childish. It's one of the reasons I usually hate f2p games.

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

Originally posted by jmgamer03
    I still play sometimes but not that often. I wish the players weren't so childish. It's one of the reasons I usually hate f2p games.

Except that Guild Wars actually isn't f2p. It costs you money to buy the game so it could be called b2p - buy to play.