Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

About Neocron 2...What happened to Neocron 1?

MrxknownMrxknown Member Posts: 34

I played beta of Neocron 1, but I can't find anything about it just neocron 2. Is it the same game, but patched and expanded? Or was it replaced by a new game built as a successor?

Jumpgate Evolution

Comments

• TrashcantoyTrashcantoy Member Posts: 827

same game, a massive update named it neocron 2

MMOs currently playing: -
    About to play: Lord of the Rings Online
    Played: Anarchy Online (alltime favorite) and lots of f2p titles (honorable mentions: 9Dragons, Martial Heroes, Dekaron, Atlantica Online)

• LordmonkusLordmonkus Member Posts: 808

Same game with a 'graphics update' a term a I use extremely loosely. Reakktor basically did a graphics update and slapped the name Neocron 2 on it and charged everyone for it.

Neocron was my first MMO and one I will always have a sort of soft spot for but the devs just suck. The game is now 15 euros a month to play which is was too expensive when compared to every other mmo out there. Neocron should really be a free to play game at this point.

Neocron was actaully at its peak in during beta 4 just before retail release. The first patch after launch was when it started going downhill and Reakktor never fixed any major bugs or gameplay issues.

I miss old Neocron.

• omegaflareomegaflare Member UncommonPosts: 220

Yeah, I agree. The only real decent MMO I had have ever played is Earth and Beyond and Neocron. I wish realtekor (spelling) didn't screw up in the first place. Shit.. now almost all MMO sucks right now.

• LordmonkusLordmonkus Member Posts: 808

Neocron is actually in a decent spot right now, all the latest patches put the game in a state I would say is about the same as it was at launch in terms of fun, some things are better. Plus they dropped the price to 5 euros a month but the publisher Tentacle recently went under and the billing department started closing accounts but Reakktor actually stepped in and now the game is free (for how long I dont know. If you have had a Neocron 2 account in the past you can now login and play for free.

• ArdentArdent Member Posts: 4

I totally agree. Brilliant fighting for ops every night, right now there are like 4-5 clans owning ops. At least our clan has member active who been playing for many years and still enjoy the game very much. Best balancing between classes its been for years.