Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warning - Dont buy into the second wave of hype

AOCtesterAOCtester Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 431

The next campaign has now started.  This time it is not about selling more boxes since even Funcom knows now that they wont be able to fool more.

But still... they think they can fool few ppl to buy one month into PVP patch before War goes life and the PR campaing to get the "positive" feedback out is about to start.  I just want to remind those that are really tinking of spending more money on this game that nothing has changed since day one.  We are still talking about exactly the same ppl, exactly the same strategy, exactly the same game.  And... its the exactly same 1500 armors....  Just remember that and you should be able to make the right disission.

I suggest that Funcom give EVERYONE that has bought the game a FREE month after the PVP patch goes life.  You think that will happen ?

Thx 

Comments

• david361107david361107 Member UncommonPosts: 279

Free month? lol if Funcom offered me 15 bucks a month to play their game I'd stil tell them NO.

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615
    Originally posted by AOCtester

The next campaign has now started.  This time it is not about selling more boxes since even Funcom knows now that they wont be able to fool more.
    But still... they think they can fool few ppl to buy one month into PVP patch before War goes life and the PR campaing to get the "positive" feedback out is about to start.  I just want to remind those that are really tinking of spending more money on this game that nothing has changed since day one.  We are still talking about exactly the same ppl, exactly the same strategy, exactly the same game.  And... its the exactly same 1500 armors....  Just remember that and you should be able to make the right disision.
    Thx 

Many improvements have been made, and just about every player concern that’s been QQ about from players has been recognized and being addressed, Just not fast enough for some of the more unreasonable. You can even see a good portion of the new armor models and textures online.

They have listened, they are addressing the issues.

{ Mod Edit }

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• skydragonrenskydragonren Member Posts: 667

Actually,

AOCTester has shown AoC players more concern than AoC itself. At least he is out trying to protect the public from a huge waste of money.

The game blows, get over it.

Funcom can't save it anymore, it will sit at the bargain bin from now on.

Make him look silly, nah makes him look someone who actually gives a crap about a games players, which is a hell of a lot more than Funcom does.

AOCTester, you got my respect man, preach on.

• AOCtesterAOCtester Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 431
    Originally posted by Mrbloodworth

But still... they think they can fool few ppl to buy one month into PVP patch before War goes life and the PR campaing to get the "positive" feedback out is about to start.  I just want to remind those that are really tinking of spending more money on this game that nothing has changed since day one.  We are still talking about exactly the same ppl, exactly the same strategy, exactly the same game.  And... its the exactly same 1500 armors....  Just remember that and you should be able to make the right disision.
    Thx 

Many improvements have been made, and just about every player concern that’s been QQ about from players has been recognized and being addressed, Just not fast enough for some of the more unreasonable. You can even see a good portion of the new armor models and textures online.

{ Mod Edit }

Nothing has changed. 

{ Mod Edit}

• altair4altair4 Member Posts: 158

Thx 

{ Mod Edit }

That's exactly what they want you to think. That they are listening to people and are addressing issues etc. They said that from day one and by now we already know it for the lie it is. Dont fall for their marketing crap again, they will say whatever it takes to get people to renew. They will even draw money before your account runs out. This company is a joke and if you ever wanna see AoC as a playable game with a future you must let it go and pray it will be sold.

• rock_harryrock_harry Member Posts: 183

i just going to wate a good year before i play this game by then all should be sorted out)

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

{ Mod Edit }

Very little has changed in AoC over the last month, contrary to the claims from the fanboys.

Yes, they have been positioning themselves to build a bit of hype for the PvP system right before the launch of WAR.  It'll lock down some people, keeping them from leaving initially, before anyone has had a chance to really evaluate the live version of the system.

The funny thing is that some of the players have started a little campaign of their own, entitled "Hey, is it just me, or does it seem like the population is on the rise....?"  You get a few affirmations from some fanboys, and just like that - they have evidence that AoC is growing by leaps and bounds.  Propaganda can work wonders on people susceptible to it.  Anyway, that seems to be the fanboy mantra for today.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• erandurerandur Member Posts: 727

No, what we should be scared of is the second wave of flamers and trolls... *points to AOCtester*

You know it, the best way to realize your dreams is waking up and start moving, never lose hope and always keep up.

• gryjingryjin Member Posts: 125

i also notice that the majority of the fanboys seem to be from either cimmeria, wiccana, and tyranny. i suppose being on a populated server might be fun....but i don't think i'll be lvling another toon just to get the the point i was at when my server went belly up

• mackdawg19mackdawg19 Member UncommonPosts: 842

But still... they think they can fool few ppl to buy one month into PVP patch before War goes life and the PR campaing to get the "positive" feedback out is about to start.  I just want to remind those that are really tinking of spending more money on this game that nothing has changed since day one.  We are still talking about exactly the same ppl, exactly the same strategy, exactly the same game.  And... its the exactly same 1500 armors....  Just remember that and you should be able to make the right disission.
    I suggest that Funcom give EVERYONE that has bought the game a FREE month after the PVP patch goes life.  You think that will happen ?
    Thx 

First off, games don't go life. They go live. If your trying to steer people away from a game, try to look like you have at least an ounce of proper English and common sense. Secondly, god forbid someone buy a game you do not like, right? Do you do this to every game that comes out, or the ones you feel butt hurt about? I'm sorry to say this but it's getting ridiculous. Let me shout these words to you in hopes you will actually remove your face from the computer screen.

GET OVER IT!

Sorry to say it, but it's just a game. I'm sure some people are happy you steered them away from such a bad game as you say. But after reading this, I couldn't help think of how lonely you must be to post dribble like this. I can say this though, at least your not sporting the sweet avatar going around. I guess with all the hoopla of this second wave of advertisement, your bent on getting people way from it instead of making use of the edit avatar option located inside USER CP. So for that, I say congratulations. You have not stopped all the way to the bottom, but your getting there. If at anytime you do want to reply back and or quote me with some jive talk. Do me one huge favor. Re-read the huge letters between these two paragraphs. Then ask yourself, is the reply worth it? Good Day!!

• kaishi00kaishi00 Member Posts: 299

I wasn't even aware there were stats in AoC. Only thing I was seeing on gears were +dmg, or +invul.

• Professor78Professor78 Member UncommonPosts: 610

Thx 

Just a quick question, do you still play? 

Anyone else find it realy strange that according to all the AOC Haters, the game is dead, but where do they get all the info from if nobody plays it?

Core i5 13600KF,  BeQuiet Pure Loop FX 360, 32gb DDR5-6000 XPG, WD SN850 NVMe ,PNY 3090 XLR8, Asus Prime Z790-A, Lian-Li O11 PCMR case (limited ed 1045/2000), 32" LG Ultragear 4k Monitor, Logitech G560 LightSync Sound, Razer Deathadder V2 and Razer Blackwidow V3 Keyboard

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

Did they fix the performance problem with ATI cards?

This is one of those few games I was so disgusted by I actually erased it from my hard drive......I didn't even delete SWG off my hard drive.  Even Vanguard is still here.

If they gave me a free month, I would give it a try just cause I like to have first hand knowledge of what is going on with the game. 

• erandurerandur Member Posts: 727
    Originally posted by Terranah

This is one of those few games I was so disgusted by I actually erased it from my hard drive......I didn't even delete SWG off my hard drive.  Even Vanguard is still here.

If they gave me a free month, I would give it a try just cause I like to have first hand knowledge of what is going on with the game. 

Well, if it performs badly on ATI cards, their whole game engine needs a revamp, don't count on it. Pathetic development mistake then... I never flamed Aoc for having bugs, but if they aim purely for Nvidia users they're.. idiot.

You know it, the best way to realize your dreams is waking up and start moving, never lose hope and always keep up.

Originally posted by erandur

Well, if it performs badly on ATI cards, their whole game engine needs a revamp, don't count on it. Pathetic development mistake then... I never flamed Aoc for having bugs, but if they aim purely for Nvidia users they're.. idiot.

Its not. I don't know what ATI issue the above poster is talking about. I have two machines that ran it, one ATI and one Nvidia, i didn’t run into any issues with the graphics cards. YMMV.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• EoDzeroEoDzero Member Posts: 45
    Originally posted by mackdawg19

Thx 

First off, games don't go life. They go live. If your trying to steer people away from a game, try to look like you have at least an ounce of proper English and common sense. Secondly, god forbid someone buy a game you do not like, right? Do you do this to every game that comes out, or the ones you feel butt hurt about? I'm sorry to say this but it's getting ridiculous. Let me shout these words to you in hopes you will actually remove your face from the computer screen.

GET OVER IT!

Sorry to say it, but it's just a game. I'm sure some people are happy you steered them away from such a bad game as you say. But after reading this, I couldn't help think of how lonely you must be to post dribble like this. I can say this though, at least your not sporting the sweet avatar going around. I guess with all the hoopla of this second wave of advertisement, your bent on getting people way from it instead of making use of the edit avatar option located inside USER CP. So for that, I say congratulations. You have not stopped all the way to the bottom, but your getting there. If at anytime you do want to reply back and or quote me with some jive talk. Do me one huge favor. Re-read the huge letters between these two paragraphs. Then ask yourself, is the reply worth it? Good Day!!

You really shouldn't comment things such as "ask yourself, is the reply worth it?" and "I couldn't help think of how lonely must be to post dribble like this." and "Get over it!" while making a post of the same quality QQ'ing.  And making a comment on a typo such as live or life is first grade. You obvisouly take things not even directed at you way too personally.

Get over it!!

Now lets see if you take your own advice.

It is like saying omg your such a gay, fat, videogamer who lives in your moms' basement to someone for being a mmorpg forum user. While being a poster of the mmorpg forums yourself. It makes no sense as the person saying that would then fall into the same category.

As I said in the post about the patch being delayed. This is an obvious PR tactic from funcom to try to stop the people from leaving for WAR just yet and to get another month of subs from some. If they released it earlier people would know that it like all other patches will break more than it fixes and overall not work. And why 4 months later people defend something that supposedly will be fixed(added content actually as it was not present at all) that should have been in the game on release is beyond me. I paid for a game that was non existent and they are now trying to create it.

I agree with the origional poster. Do not resub/buy this game. It is not worth it. The population is on a downward spiral and you will hate yourself for trying/buying/resubbing to AOC.

Originally posted by erandur

Its not. I don't know what ATI issue the above poster is talking about. I have two machines that ran it, one ATI and one Nvidia, i didn’t run into any issues with the graphics cards. YMMV.

So you are claiming this person is lying ?

Or are you lying saying you have two PCs ?

Can it be that some ATI cards have been having problems with the game ?  If you didn't know then look at the tech forums if Funcom didn't delete those posts there already.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Rohn

{ Mod Edit }

Very little has changed in AoC over the last month, contrary to the claims from the fanboys.

Yes, they have been positioning themselves to build a bit of hype for the PvP system right before the launch of WAR.  It'll lock down some people, keeping them from leaving initially, before anyone has had a chance to really evaluate the live version of the system.

The funny thing is that some of the players have started a little campaign of their own, entitled "Hey, is it just me, or does it seem like the population is on the rise....?"  You get a few affirmations from some fanboys, and just like that - they have evidence that AoC is growing by leaps and bounds.  Propaganda can work wonders on people susceptible to it.  Anyway, that seems to be the fanboy mantra for today.

Not true, the dungeons in the game is far better, I only know one broken quest now (well, it should have been fixed but compared to many broken before), you dont fall thru the graphics any more. Items work a lot better, the economy of the game works now. You dont have to spend hours getting to places anymore. Those are good things, the game is getting better.

The game is getting better but I still advice people to wait for another 2 months before re-activating because we still waiting for Ymirs pass, Tarantia common district and hopefully next week, the pvp update. And theres still the problem with the memory leaks on windows xp, there is a fix if you have 4 gigs but it doesnt work optimal and if you have 2 gigs you are screwed or have to use low graphics.

But don't get your hopes up that WAR will be less broken at the launch. It looks like Spellborn won't be however. My money is on that one if buggs upsets you.

Originally posted by EoDzero

As I said in the post about the patch being delayed. This is an obvious PR tactic from funcom to try to stop the people from leaving for WAR just yet and to get another month of subs from some.
    Wow, congratulate Mr Obvious!  What is wrong from trying to make your product work? Isn't that the whole point!
    I agree with the origional poster. Do not resub/buy this game. It is not worth it. The population is on a downward spiral and you will hate yourself for trying/buying/resubbing to AOC.
    Personal preferance, and the more you keep posting and making yourself look a fool, the more people will want to disagree with you....Ahhh or is that your tactic, you realy do love the game so you are trying some reverse psychology, nice thinking

Core i5 13600KF,  BeQuiet Pure Loop FX 360, 32gb DDR5-6000 XPG, WD SN850 NVMe ,PNY 3090 XLR8, Asus Prime Z790-A, Lian-Li O11 PCMR case (limited ed 1045/2000), 32" LG Ultragear 4k Monitor, Logitech G560 LightSync Sound, Razer Deathadder V2 and Razer Blackwidow V3 Keyboard

• severiusseverius Member UncommonPosts: 1,516

Thx 

You’re out of touch if you think nothing has changed with the game. Many improvements have been made, and just about every player concern that’s been QQ about from players has been recognized and being addressed, Just not fast enough for some of the more unreasonable. You can even see a good portion of the new armor models and textures online.

They have listened, they are addressing the issues. The haters are the ones that need to get over it, really, it’s a game.

Please stop the crusade, it makes you look silly.

I'll be nice :)

1) The improvements being made and promised should have been done while the game was still in beta, before the launch.  These "improvements" are nothing more than what was promised for launch, not several months after.

2) "New" armor models and textures were in the pvp weekend, a convenient bait and switch from funcom in saying see what you can get in our game, yet never showed up in retail.

3) Whether or not they have actually listened or not to the community is something that only funcom could tell you, which of course they, like SOE, say they listen all the time.  Most likely they are listening to their investors as they watch their stock prices plummet.

Originally posted by severius

Thx 

You’re out of touch if you think nothing has changed with the game. Many improvements have been made, and just about every player concern that’s been QQ about from players has been recognized and being addressed, Just not fast enough for some of the more unreasonable. You can even see a good portion of the new armor models and textures online.

They have listened, they are addressing the issues. The haters are the ones that need to get over it, really, it’s a game.

1) The improvements being made and promised should have been done while the game was still in beta, before the launch.  These "improvements" are nothing more than what was promised for launch, not several months after.

2) "New" armor models and textures were in the pvp weekend, a convenient bait and switch from funcom in saying see what you can get in our game, yet never showed up in retail.

3) Whether or not they have actually listened or not to the community is something that only funcom could tell you, which of course they, like SOE, say they listen all the time.  Most likely they are listening to their investors as they watch their stock prices plummet.

1) Some sure, others, no. Brand new things are comming.

2) You are incorrect.

3) of course, time will tell.

----------

How are you?" -Me

• kaishi00kaishi00 Member Posts: 299

You gotta love how all the fanboy retorts are in one form or another, involves the future. It's coming, it'll be there, they're planning it, it's in development. In the future one day I'll be king and take over Venus. One of these days that is, when, who knows.

Originally posted by severius

Thx 

The point being though AOCTester said nothing has changed since day one! But clearly to anyone still playing should know the truth. And as you say most things promised at lauch are now in place,- and I realy agree that yes they most definatly should have been in there at release.

But to try and persuade other people to not play the game because of what happened over the few months prior to the fixes is plain ridiculous.

PS: Just think about this : Who's opinions would you trust more - Current players, or x-players who left after a month or two during known and suspected release problems.

Originally posted by kaishi00

You gotta love how all the fanboy retorts are in one form or another, involves the future. It's coming, it'll be there, they're planning it, it's in development. In the future one day I'll be king and take over Venus. One of these days that is, when, who knows.

If by fanboi you mean reasonable gamer that doesn’t feel the need to post in extremisms to feel cool. Then sure.

Oh, sorry. Here: LOLWTHOMGBBQ, Suxzors, the Fail!.

Better?

----------

How are you?" -Me

Originally posted by Professor78

The point being though AOCTester said nothing has changed since day one! But clearly to anyone still playing should know the truth. And as you say most things promised at lauch are now in place,- and I realy agree that yes they most definatly should have been in there at release.
    But to try and persuade other people to not play the game because of what happened over the few months prior to the fixes is plain ridiculous.

I still stand by my words of saying nothing has changed.  You know why ?

Its still the same ppl that are developing the game that shipped this game unfinished and did everything possible to hide the state of the game at that time.  I would go ALOT deeper into this part if NDA would be lifted and we were allowed to say what was said between the Closed beta testers and the developers.   Sadly we are not allowed to say much so ... you guys will have to excuse me still trying.

There IS a reason I have spend time watching AOC since retail and warning ppl.  I have been involved in many CBs and even ABs but I have never seen such intent to try to scam ppl into buying a MMO game. 

Thats why I still hang around here.  And if you think I base my info on 3 month old data....  No I don't.  If you are wondering why I then bother to sub if I dont like it ?   Read what I said above.  The makers of this game went FAAAR over the line in what is acceptable to any game developing and marketing.  Everyone needs to know that and hopefully ppl know about it in time to at least take a unbiased disission. 

But hey...  This game will eventually go free trial so if ppl want to test the PVP patch and the "much" improved game - then they can wait for it.  All Im here for is warn them that there will be hype incoming - both from Funcom and from the "fanboys" that will go out of their way to claim things that are in most cases not true.