Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

...An Online Game for Pirates of the Caribbean...?

What? I just saw this on a commercial. Wow... umm... really?

Does this game actually have a playerbase...? Seriously... and you actually are paying a monthly fee for this?  I'm just looking at this and thinking, "Why the hell would I pay 15 bucks a month for this?".

Are people actually enjoying this game? I'm still shocked they actually attempted an online game for this. I mean, they were good movies, but... seriously, what the hell?

image If only SW:TOR could be this epic...

Comments

• xersentxersent Member Posts: 613

Ok number 1 , im guessing u didnt even bother to look at there website , 2 its free2play but u can pay a small monthly sub for added extras , 3 it costs $9.95 a month and the first month is $4.95 and 4 its not that bad and alot of people play it.

• bluealien1bluealien1 Member Posts: 526
    Originally posted by Douhk

What? I just saw this on a commercial. Wow... umm... really?
    Does this game actually have a playerbase...? Seriously... and you actually are paying a monthly fee for this?  I'm just looking at this and thinking, "Why the hell would I pay 15 bucks a month for this?".
    Are people actually enjoying this game? I'm still shocked they actually attempted an online game for this. I mean, they were good movies, but... seriously, what the hell?

I was just like you.

Saw the commercial, and thought "wow, that looks cheesy as hell," but since it was free I tried it. To be totally honest it was pretty damn awesome. The combat system is very well done and the ship combat is very, very good. This game is WORLDS better than PotBS, no, I'm not being sarcastic. The ship combat is much better, the melee combat is much better.

There was one thing keeping me from paying the monthly subscription, and that was the performance. The games graphics really aren't good, they are standable which is fine, however, the game runs like shit. I can run LotRO completely maxed out better than PotCO on it's highest details. I have come to the conclusion that the game runs on a single core of my processor and 300-500k of my RAM, and nothing more. The other core is sitting there asleep and my GPU doesn't heat up whatsoever so I really don't think it makes use of it. If it didn't run like such shit I would play it.

And when they say "free," you really get what you pay for. The free content will last you all of 4 days maximum.

• cosbasiacosbasia Member Posts: 5

LOL

The game is pathetic, the graphics are too bad, and no, I am not talking about the ugly models, it could be considered their style. I am talking about everything else.

I guess your kids would enjoy it, if they have watched the movies and liked them