Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE-Online Television Ad!

unherdninjaunherdninja Member Posts: 331

Ok so I was watching Battle Star Galactica and the commercials started... a commercial poped up for what I thought was some random Sci-Fi movie... then I relized it was a Advertisment for EVE-Online's new expansion! Anyone else see it?

Just thought I would share this with you and hopfully this will expand the player base alot more.

Comments

• katriellkatriell Member UncommonPosts: 977

Yeah, that was great to see. ^_^ WoW had its commercials, now one of its opposites has commercials. The context is good, though I can imagine some BSG fans being disappointed by the flight control in EVE.

I just wish that 1) I'd had Closed Captioning enabled, and/or 2) I'd unmuted faster.

-----------
    In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on August 13, 2008.

• unherdninjaunherdninja Member Posts: 331

I think the key for an MMO to really get off the ground is through television. God knows how many new sub's WoW's gotten since it began advertising. I think  MMO dev's really need to focus on advertising more.

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

OP:  You just made me jealous... I only saw the first 3 episodes of BSG S4 and I got sent out of town for work... now I'm stuck in a hotel with no SF channel and crappy internet so no MMOs either....

The only other MMO I have seen advertised was SGW in the commercials between SG1 or Atlantis... The marketing people need to figure this out... soon...

• JTJT Member Posts: 401

I just caught the commercial last night on Sci-Fi.  They did a great job with the ad.

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

anyone have captured the ad ? so we cansee it also

BestSigEver :P