Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for help to get in game! o:

KanemiKanemi Member Posts: 4

Okay, so i finally bought the FFXI Vana-D-something 2008 collection a couple of days ago, and were really exited about getting in game and stuff.

The installing went perfectly, registering, updating, no problems at all! When i pressed play in the PlayOnline viewer, it closes down, i wait patiently for FFXI to start up and... Nothing happens.

Then i tried opening the PlayOnline viewer again. Nothing happens.

I'm just thinking "Okay, i guess i just have to reboot my computer first." and after doing so, it works fine except till i press the play button again and then it just starts all over. I repeated the process a couple of times before i reinstalled everything again.

...which didnt help either.

Has anyone experienced this aswell, and found a solution? I can't give more details, cause i dont even get any errors or something similar.

And before anyone suggests it, i did write a mail to their costumer support,  but i've heard something about that they're not the most helpfull people in the world, and i'm guessing i have a bigger chance of getting usefull answers in here than from them. xD

Thanks in advance n_n

Comments

• curiindicuriindi Member Posts: 488

I wonder if it's a hardware or OS setting issue. What other games do you play on your computer?

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

Are you on vista by chance?

I heard theirs a problem starting playonline and the game with vista, you have to download a seperate playonline client on their website.

• KanemiKanemi Member Posts: 4

Curiindi - I am/have been playing WoW, Guildwars, Perfect World, Shaiya, Last Chaos, Lineage 2, Silkroad, EVE online, RO, Flyff and severeal other games. But this should give a good idea about what it's able to handle.

It's just weird cause i've never had a problem with any game. :/

Wolfenpride - I wish it would be that easy, that i could just download a small program, but i'm running on XP. D;

Is a firewall running? Could be blocking the game from launching if you haven't checked already

Im googling around for some answers, but nothing yet, will post back if I find anything.

Nope, i've tried with and without the firewall running, also closed all other kinds of protection.

I've also been searching on google and all FFXI-related forums i could possibly find but without any luck. If you manage to find something, you'll be my hero forever and allways. <3

When you first tried to press play in the ffxi menu, did playonline update the game itself?

I read in another thread that a guy installed playonline, but not the game because the disk didn't prompt him to. You more than likely did, but are you sure that the game's client was installed and not just playonline? If not, you'll have to go and explore the the cd for the client setups.

Could also be your resolution, try going into the ffxi config tool in the playonline/ffxi/tools folder and changing it. Most likely not the issue though

If those don't work, you could try to talk directly to customer service in the playonline viewer, they have a gm chat room I think or something, but they only cover certain issues and im not sure if this is one of them.

Otherwise still looking

Yes, it did update the game itself.

I did have a successful installment without any problems, so that's not the problem either.

And i've also tried playing around with the resolution, but that didnt help either aswell as it got pretty tiring after a few tries since i had to reboot every time i changed the settings.

And as you suggested, i just talked with them a few minutes ago. I were told to do a check file, if that doesnt work then reinstall everything (again.. D:).

It just takes quite a while cause the game is huge, but hopefully it'll work. Or else i'll have to annoy CS once again and eventually they'll end up saying straight out that the game hates me.

EDIT: Okay, i just found out the problem is that my graphic card is too 'new'. Haha.

Wolfenpride, thanks for all of your help, but apparently there's nothing to do. (:  I'll try to install it on my 700 year old computer to see if that works.