Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

what other games can learn from runescape

LastTomatoLastTomato Member Posts: 2

most fantasy games are all combat theres nothing else to do besides killing things. other games take one look  at runescape and say its popular because theres no download; I think its popular because you accualy feel like a person in the middle ages. I mean there were no people in the middle ages that just go kill things their who life. runescape has noncombat skills like smithing or construction you acualy feel like your a person not just a monster hunter.

Comments

• Matt269Matt269 Member Posts: 124
    Originally posted by LastTomato

most fantasy games are all combat theres nothing else to do besides killing things. other games take one look  at runescape and say its popular because theres no download; I think its popular because you accualy feel like a person in the middle ages. I mean there were no people in the middle ages that just go kill things their who life. runescape has noncombat skills like smithing or construction you acualy feel like your a person not just a monster hunter.

Well there is a lot that other games can learn from Jagex. For one thing, they could learn from all the mistakes Jagex made. But they could also learn from how Runescape was before Jagex messed it up.

• MephistoXVMephistoXV Member Posts: 72

They can also learn how to make a game that looks comparatively to the old Lego sandbox creator games a smalltime success in it's own. It caters to the young, and the new to gaming in general. Once you've played games like WoW, WAR, Lotro, or others such as them and you've conquered the techniques, Runescape is a bygone dream.

I believe most of the popularity is the fact its market is to everyone. It's like the MSN or Yahoo! chat of MMOs. And if these sentiments at all seem harsh, it is now 3:15 in the morning here and I've been hit by insomnia. The veteran gamer within is on a bash spree after dealing with a Failcom Hired Fanboi©.

---------------------
    Sniper is another term for unorthodox surgeon.