Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest II: A Look at Guild Halls

SzarkSzark News ManagerMember Posts: 4,420

The folks at EverQuest II have revealed details about Guild Halls and territories.

Edicts have been issued from both the Throne of Lucan and the counsels of Antonia! In these times of uncertainty both leaders realize they need to garner the support of the powerful guilds in their cities as well as create a barrier of protection for the coastlines. The call has gone out that the previously uninhabited islands that lay just a few hundred yards out to the west of Antonica and east of the Commonlands can now be purchased by qualified guilds and built up into guild hall territories. These new halls will serve the dual purpose as headquarters of the powerful city guilds as well as a line of defense from coastal invasion.

Read more here.

Comments

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

Yawn................

• HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129

I wish they would fix the game for high end (well normal these days) computers, But I am kinda excited about this new stuff. It won't make me shell out $15 to fire up my account but still its nice.

• quaikyquaiky Member Posts: 566
    Originally posted by Hrica

I wish they would fix the game for high end (well normal these days) computers, But I am kinda excited about this new stuff. It won't make me shell out $15 to fire up my account but still its nice.

in the last year they made a lot smaller improvements to the engine which in sum helped my performance a lot. in raid fights the fps are still horrible but now i get a lot better fps in quenos harbour as an example like i did about a year ago.  about a year ago the cpu usage on my dualcore was allways below 50% now its regulary at 55% and can go up to 60% which also means that they added a few optimisations for dualcores.

there is still a lot to do but if they continue to do these smaller improvements then i'm happy too.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by quaiky

in the last year they made a lot smaller improvements to the engine which in sum helped my performance a lot. in raid fights the fps are still horrible but now i get a lot better fps in quenos harbour as an example like i did about a year ago.  about a year ago the cpu usage on my dualcore was allways below 50% now its regulary at 55% and can go up to 60% which also means that they added a few optimisations for dualcores.

there is still a lot to do but if they continue to do these smaller improvements then i'm happy too.

Ehmm EverQuest2 still hasn't multi-core CPU support.

They just hired a new graphics programmer this summer, who is going to work on the engine.

His sole task will be optimisation of the engine to support multi-core CPU's and transfer graphic processing tasks back to the GPU.

So in other words. These optimisations are not in yet. But I am sertainly eagerly waiting for it :)

Guildhalls is going to be nice. Lot of my guildies are waiting in anticipation.

Cheers

• HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129
    Originally posted by Guillermo197

Originally posted by quaiky

Ehmm EverQuest2 still hasn't multi-core CPU support.

They just hired a new graphics programmer this summer, who is going to work on the engine.

His sole task will be optimisation of the engine to support multi-core CPU's and transfer graphic processing tasks back to the GPU.

So in other words. These optimisations are not in yet. But I am sertainly eagerly waiting for it :)

Guildhalls is going to be nice. Lot of my guildies are waiting in anticipation.

Cheers

Geez I hope that guy comes through!! that would truly be a cool thing!

My wife might leave War for it........