Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AoC Sets the benchmark in MMO gaming

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ackmhedackmhed Member Posts: 154

First off, even the first 20 levels of AOC were garbage. They may be more complete than the rest of the game, but that is not syaing much.

Secondly, the graphics of AOC are pathetic. The characters are boring, the animations are poorly done, and the entire world is both boring to look at and very limited in terms of being open to exploration. Graphically AOC looks like a ten-year-old game.

• SlytheSlythe Member UncommonPosts: 952
    Originally posted by supbro

Forums are a small percentage of the actual playerbase, the game has 400k subs. 

Ahaha typical response, very typical. "400k subs kthxbye."

The pvp patch is coming at the end of June, early July. kthxbye

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

One of my favourite games is AoC, and i feel it has really pushed the boundries in MMO gaming. While most companies follow a tired trend, Funcom tries to innovate - i feel they should be commended on this.
    I love:
    - Revolutionery combat mechanics
    - Diverese classes, healers finally aren't healbots
    - AMAZING GRAPHICS , no game comes close
    - Great content to level to 80 and FUN
    - Endgame Sieges and raids,  all win here

I can't wait for the highly touted PvP patch, it will push this game even further (if possible).
    Hope everyone else is enjoying as much as i am

Supbro

You forgot:

- Quickest loss of almost half its population in the first month

And, really, they don't deserve that much credit for the "much touted PvP patch" - the game was supposed to launch with a PvP system in place and was one of the main hype-points pre-launch.

Adding it 4 months later isn't that praise-worthy an event.

That said, it's great that you're enjoying it :)

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• S1GNALS1GNAL Member Posts: 366

The OP is one BIG TROLL. Thats what he is! I cant do other than laughing. :D Your post deserves a price on its own *shakes his head with a confused smile*

Forums are a small percentage of the actual playerbase, the game has 400k subs. Say what you will that is a success story, mind showing some factual information where there are less?

-sigh-

To those who don't understand why us "haters and trolls" remain in forums like this.... This is why.

Without people to set the record straight on what's *really* happening, versus what FC's spin machine spews out, misinformation like the still-popular "400k players" bit would be allowed to persist unchallenged.

The 400k sub number is their 2nd quarter numbers, accurate as of June. They are not current. We are now in Sept. and by many accounts the playerbase has dropped considerably since then.

FC continues to use the 400k number so people like yourself (no offense) will read it and think "Oh the game is doing awesome!".

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,

• ThunderousThunderous Member Posts: 1,152

This game MIGHT have 100K subs.  MAYBE.

I guess the OP needed some attention because nobody is that stupid as to believe everything he posted, or at least I hope not.

Tecmo Bowl.

Originally posted by octa

Forums are a small percentage of the actual playerbase, the game has 400k subs. Say what you will that is a success story, mind showing some factual information where there are less?

Why don't you provide the factual information?  Log into the game and tell me how long it takes you to get a group for Frozen Swamps.  Or how about Thunder River?  I don't mean a grind group that's just going to chain pull.  I'm talking about a group that is actually doing all that great content you were talking about.

I'm quoting Fucom's figures, whcih are more correct than lies you are trying to spread. Please come back when you have some factual information to bak up your claims.

Once again.. With feeling...

The 400k number is accurate as of *JUNE*, not September  1.

It's pretty well agreed upon - by even people still playing the game - that the population has fallen off far too much for it to be near 400k anymore.

Take the Funcom-colored glasses off and you might see things a little more clearly.

• claudiofmclaudiofm Member Posts: 81

One of my favourite games is AoC, and i feel it has really pushed the boundries in MMO gaming. While most companies follow a tired trend, Funcom tries to innovate - i feel they should be commended on this.
    I love:

I can't wait for the highly touted PvP patch, it will push this game even further (if possible).

Supbro

AMAZING GRAPHICS + massive combat = no compatible

need content lvl 50 up - 80

need balance classes

need pvp

need craft

need pve

need optimiation

need fix bug

need end game + sieges

need need need need xDDD

failcom

• synnsynn Member UncommonPosts: 563

-whats really so revolutionary? all it means is more clicking if ya ask me=p

-alot of MMOs have diverse classes nowadays..nothing new here.

-graphics are amazing but require a decent rig which could hurt them at first

-i don't know much about the content from 1-80 but i heard the game had lvl 80 players when headstart was over. this true?

-endgame sieges and raids are nothing new.

this patch should've been done by the time the game was launched and only hurt them because they failed to do so.

Originally posted by Rebn77

Originally posted by DarthMech

WAR is coming!!! WaaaaaGGGG!! nuff said

From all reports people are canceling their WAR pre-order after the PW weekend. Yes, people are canceling the game before its even released lol. I guess the combat and graphics weren't up to par? 

Next time Mythic will think twice about copying and already successful game.

From all the reports I'm getting the preorders have jumped way up in the last two weeks. Where did I get these reports? From a good friend that is a Gamestop regional manager. Might I ask where you got your "reports"?

Yeah... I was just going through the thread pages looking to compile a list of threads about people confirming that, even after the preview weekend, they are definitely playing; many of those who pre-ordered are glad they did 'cause they know they're going to enjoy it, etc. etc.

After about 15 tabs opened up in my browser here, I said "you know... this could go on forever" and said "forget it..." lol

But yeah... the majority of reaction is that people are going to play WAR.

Here's another thought...

At the local stores near me selling both...

The shelves are *full* with AoC boxes and, according to one employee at a Best Buy, they have a bunch more in stock, and has been that way for at least a couple months now. They're simply not selling.

The WAR pre-orders, however? Sold out.

• SinentSinent Member Posts: 137

Originally posted by DarthMech

WAR is coming!!! WaaaaaGGGG!! nuff said

From all reports people are canceling their WAR pre-order after the PW weekend. Yes, people are canceling the game before its even released lol. I guess the combat and graphics weren't up to par? 

Next time Mythic will think twice about copying and already successful game.

I cancelled , it was a joke it felt like been there done that and honestly i didint think there was enuff in game besides the rvr stuff, but eh thats just me:)

Some lead and some follow I prefer to stand beside!

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

I love:

Supbro

Im sorry. If you are legit then I am extrmely happy for you. Im glad someone is enjoying AoC. But I cannot help this is viral marketing. Im sorry if it isn't but its too "rehearsed" to me.

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

No they don't. That was the numbers for the first week of July. Its now the first week of September. Def not 400K

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• MephistoXVMephistoXV Member Posts: 72

I love:

But then again, you shouldn't judge me by my tastes because, hell, I find hitting myself in the crotch with a board stuck with rusty nails a barrel of drunk monkeys!

Supbro

Well, he says it all himself.

Honestly, I wish the game were better. AoC is good at times. Oh, and that's it. Good at times. There really aren't many redeeming qualities about it's game as it is if you try to play it over a long amount of time. Most of the reason I think people are leaving as of now is due to the false advertisement with hidden disclaimers to keep Failcom in clear waters just long enough to rob our cash.

As I said, I wish the game were better. It had so much that it could do well. If it had been held back maybe just a few more months and maybe added a patching client instead of shoving patches in while people are playing, among living up to its claims, it would have been fair enough. If the cities were bugged, that'd have been flyable. It's the materialistic that hasn't been done before, we can get over it. But if a simple PvP system isn't in, and much of the armor isn't ready that has been promised, and if there pretty much isn't any content by 80... What the hell?

Since my decline in interest of WoW and my grand distaste for Failcom's marketing ploys, I've been an avid watcher of WAR. The first twenty levels live up to the hype, much like Failcom. The only difference is that Mythic lets us talk about it and the first twenty levels makes up more of the game than Failcom's.

---------------------
    Sniper is another term for unorthodox surgeon.

• claudiofmclaudiofm Member Posts: 81

http://www.xfire.com/games/aoc/Age_of_Conan_Hyborian_Adventures/

400k xDD low low low

DARKFALL is coming, open beta october

vimeo.com/1631260

• TalRashaTalRasha Member UncommonPosts: 827

Yes, it sets a benchmark alright.  Most hyped failed mmorpg ever. 200k subs is indeed still a success, but not if you keep in mind that funcom was hoping for about 2 million.

• DthRevanDthRevan Member Posts: 48

I hate you Funcom. I hope you go broke and die!

• bcrankshawbcrankshaw Member Posts: 547
    Originally posted by DthRevan

I hate you Funcom. I hope you go broke and die!

Be honest about   how you feel about Funcom..if you don't like them just say so :)

lol

"after the time of dice came the day of mice "

• BazankoBazanko Member Posts: 130

Just to quote the OP

" I just happily subscribed for 6 months, i am pleased with the way the game is and enjoying it immensely. Funcom have proven themselves with alot a great patches so far and i have no doubt the future looks bright. I am curious to find out how many other people have taken the step and signed long term?

Supbro"

I see what you have done matey,

Dont feel bad you subscribed for 6 months ,

keep telling your self its good and you may actualy belive it.

I too would try to convince myself it was awsome if i had paid for that long too, its an investment and you dont want to feel stupid

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

I disagree with the OP.

--No flaming here :)--

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

I love:
    Yeah it is
    I tried a healer and they more healbots than in other games. They have only 3 heals and the only thing you do is spam heals,I love healing and I couldn't enroll one in AoC
    Yeah graphics are amazing I love them
    No sorry content ends at level 35 or so. After that is sparse. But the content in game its fun,this is true.
     Aw... Sieges work more bad than right, I cant coment on raids.
    I hope for the good of AoC and funcom this pacht is as well as they need.

Supbro

I already said this on another thread, such a good IP and graphics for such a pity of game. But If you are having fun, good for you. I wish I could.

• skullquakerskullquaker Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Originally posted by Thunderous

This game MIGHT have 100K subs.  MAYBE.
    I guess the OP needed some attention because nobody is that stupid as to believe everything he posted, or at least I hope not.

well it has 101k  one my friends used my game gard that i bought in june and never used  . that one more player comeing back  lol

• Lobbyboy69Lobbyboy69 Member Posts: 201

They certainly set a benchmark in mmo gaming. A benchmark to other devs how not to make an mmo with huge potential and turn into the most boring game on the market.

• jinxitjinxit Member UncommonPosts: 854

I love:

Supbro

Glad your having a good time.

But about AOC setting a benchmark in mmo gaming..it has set some benchmarks a few positive and negative, its a pity the negatives out way the positives. The main negative for me would be the insane system specs you have to have to run the thing, when i buy a mmo the only cash I should need to shell out is the price of the game and the sub fee not  the  game price, sub fee and an extreme rig upgrade