Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I wonder

I wonder which side all the immature players will be on. On WoW i went alliance thinking all the kids would wana play monsters...I get into a BG and realise their all on my side...no teamwork...crying..just a total disaster. I ended up switching to horde....temwork...assistance...people playing their parts...healers healing..tanks at the front. It actually became fun playing my rouge. I wonder what side all the kids will pick this time around. ROFL..with my luck itll be on the side I choose

Comments

• NogginNoggin Member Posts: 808

Destruction.

• syxxsyxx Member Posts: 187

We won't know until most of the kid's start to roll in after release. Everyone on destruction was pretty mature and friendly in CB and preview weekend.

I couldn't play order it just feels too wierd.

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708
    Originally posted by julrichh

I wonder which side all the immature players will be on. On WoW i went alliance thinking all the kids would wana play monsters...I get into a BG and realise their all on my side...no teamwork...crying..just a total disaster. I ended up switching to horde....temwork...assistance...people playing their parts...healers healing..tanks at the front. It actually became fun playing my rouge. I wonder what side all the kids will pick this time around. ROFL..with my luck itll be on the side I choose

I have a feeling that much like WoW now, that immature players will saturate both sides.  The good thing is, just like WoW, a good guild will allow you to avoid playing with them, and you can also rack up titles in WAR by placing as many as you can on your ignore list!

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• saniceksanicek Member UncommonPosts: 368
    Originally posted by julrichh

My bet is the kids are gonna choose about 50/50 because the destruction is somewhat cooler than horde and also has elves. However I believe most casual noskillers will go with the order side.

Subscribtions: EVE, SWTOR WOW, WAR, DDO, VG, AOC, COV, FFXI, GW, RFO, Aion
    +plenty of F2P, betas, trials

Female Dwarf player: WOW, VG, WAR, DDO
    Due to the recent economic crisis and spending cuts the light at the end of the tunnel was turned off. Sincerely, God.

• sfallmannsfallmann Member Posts: 95

"Immature" players will be on both sides.

It's not kids all the time.  Many times those people you think are kids, are adults.

Anonymity allows people to be dicks with impunity.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • julrichhjulrichh Member Posts: 100

True..it is best to pick what yyou like and go with it. I made it to 70 on my alliance rogue and loved it...yet then hated it due to there being no teamwork at 70 in battlegrounds and loosing 90% of the matches. I used to love the rally cries at the begining then watch people go and watch the butterflies and start dancing when the game starts.

I guess ill just have to feel it out for a while.

• PhilssPhilss Member Posts: 433

IT wont be as bad as wow according to the PW but most likely the zergish/alliancish side is going to be destruction .

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

well since both factions have some equally awesome unique classes and no one has a all stealth all the time rogue ild say theyll split up to some degree on every server, most of your idiots might all go to the pvp realms too (the ones where youre flagged in all zones all the time)  but who knows its hard to say now.  in closed and preview weekend i ran into plenty of people on either side of the immature idiot line.  i recommend getting your friends together and making a guild and partying up with them in warbands for rvr or joining scenario play as a unit that way you dont have to deal with the countless stupid people the internet can throw at you =D

i will def be playing destruction on 1 server and order on another, each side differs so much and has so many cool characters i just have to divide my 12-16 hours of daily available game time between the 2 and enjoy both!

• rofflewofflerofflewoffle Member Posts: 12

I say we stop wishing the immature idiots onto one side and just hope that they don't play the game at all.

very good point...

• QuoxQuox Member Posts: 27
    Originally posted by sfallmann

"Immature" players will be on both sides.
    It's not kids all the time.  Many times those people you think are kids, are adults.
    Anonymity allows people to be dicks with impunity.

And vice versa aswell, but less common.

Age =/ Maturity

• grimbojgrimboj Member Posts: 2,102

I dont think we'll be able to tell until release. The kiddies will be too cheap to buy the open beta copies.

--
    Note: PlayNC will refuse to allow you access to your account if you forget your password and can't provide a scanned image of the product key for the first product you purchased..... LOL

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

I think it remains to be seen.

However, I'll add in my anecdotal observation from the Preview Weekend. For me, Order seemed more organized and helpful. People grouped up for Public Quests and many would stick around to help people who missed their bags. Chaos was less organized and less helpful. Many people wouldn't group for PQs and would take off the instant they got what ever they were after.

So initial experience for me suggested more mature, cooperative people on the Order side.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• zindelzindel Member Posts: 80

You know, I'm getting really sick and tired of people profiling players/factions for every god damned MMO that comes out. There isn't anything that suggests players of any maturity level, age, sex, ethnic group, hardcore, casual, intelligent or stupid...will lean to one side or the other.

Read the Daedalus Project Does Horde PWN Alliance in PvP? A Baker's Dozen of Possible Reasons, which looks at the social behaviors of players in WOW and why Horde is so much better. Nearly every explanation they give is flipped on it's head when you compare them to WAR, with the exception of one...

Self fulfilled prophecy.

Then we have beta testers that will argue until they are blue in the face, that Order is more organized in RVR than Destruction is. So naturally, that must mean that destruction is more immature than Order?! NO!... Did it ever occur that this is a result of imbalanced game mechanics? It seems to me (and almost every tester I've talked to) that Order classes have more synergy than Destruction classes do. I'm not arguing that Order won't be better than Destruction in PVP, or that Destruction won't be more populated. But for the love of god, please stop rationalizing these differences with ridiculous stereotypes.

Played > UO AC AC2 AO SWG FFXI DAOC GW WOW L2 EQ2 LOTRO EVE CoX DDO EAB Neo MXO TR AOC War Aion
    Playing > Nothing
    Awaiting > Sigh..
    Wishing > Shadowrun Online

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

My experience with WoW is not so much a difference in 'maturity' but more of a difference in ambiance. Horde felt a little more grim and performance oriented, a little more 'macho' like if you will. While alliance had more enthusiasm and more 'outgoingness' to it.

But that was just my personal impression. No idea how this will play out in WAR. I think it is fair to say that Destruction classes have the 'bad ass' factor on their side, looking at the Chosen, Marauders and Black Orcs, to name a few. Just like Horde in WoW did, really. If being 'bad ass' or 'noble and good' is the decisive factor in what side different kinds of people will pick, it wouldn't surprise me to have a similar experience here.

The thing that would bug me the most is how everyone would scream at the begining of a bg ow they where all gonna work together. Then you und up with a ton of idividuals doing their own thing. Then you got peopel screaming hacks when they try to jump 4 or 5 ind. by themselves. Then all you see is the chat log filling up with whining and moaning people not even trying ....hell ive seen whole grups standing off dancing. Then you go to the other side and its all teamwork respect and mutual aid. I dare say one side (alliance ) always acted like a bunch of kids...thats what im afraid of in this game as well

• aurickaurick Member Posts: 317

I created a poll yesterday to see how players of various age groups are gravitating.  You can view it here:  www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/239/view/forums/thread/198447

lol...sorry for the spelling...hard to type while you have a 3 year old slapping the keyboard