Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crafting

This may be a stupid question but I'll ask anyways...Is crafting something you get deep into when your playing a game and reached the maximum in it as far as lvling and so on?

Comments

• AbrahmmAbrahmm Member Posts: 2,448
    Originally posted by XxNevaehxX

This may be a stupid question but I'll ask anyways...Is crafting something you get deep into when your playing a game and reached the maximum in it as far as lvling and so on?

It depends on the game and how important crafting is. In WoW, I really only finished my professions because I needed one or 2 items at the end, not because it was fun(it wasn't) and not because it was important(it's not). In star wars galaxies on the other hand, I opened a second account to make a crafter because the crafting was challenging and fun.

Tried: LotR, CoH, AoC, WAR, Jumpgate Classic
    Played: SWG, Guild Wars, WoW
    Playing: Eve Online, Counter-strike
    Loved: Star Wars Galaxies
    Waiting for: Earthrise, Guild Wars 2, anything sandbox.

• ketrineketrine Member Posts: 285

In most games, crafting is very boring to level.  That said, there are some of us who are creators in our core being and cannot NOT craft.  In SWG it was very challenging and fun to craft but hard to find the perfect resources.  In EQ2 it was less challenging, but more useful at lower levels.  In LOTRO I really wanted to craft but it was too expensive to get the materials.  In Vanguard I wanted to throw the keyboard out the window because you had to conserve action points and would sometimes end up with worthless scrap instead of an item.  From what I can tell, WAR has very limited crafting, but I will probably try it all the same.

• BlodplsBlodpls Member Posts: 1,454

Yeah it's one of my favorate things about mmorpg's. 

I couldn't play one that didn't have a reasonable economy.