Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MALWARE DETECTED ON THIS SITE

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • ZyllosZyllos Member UncommonPosts: 537

Well, considering that URL comes from clicking any of these ad's on the website...and I consider all, and I quote, "ALL" ad's on any website a potential virus/trojan/malware/ect. This could easily be true without knowledge of the website administrator. So, maybe it is, but that does not effect me as I never click on ads, no matter the location.

So, for everyone safety, take these precautions; as a student in Computer Science, I suggest never click on an ad. If you find something interesting, watch the ad for identifying names or subjects and search for it in a safe manner.

This is my opinion on the subject matter and I can not fully support that my claims are true.

Edit: grammer/additional info/sentence flow

MMOs Played: I can no longer list them all in the 500 character limit.

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156
    Originally posted by grunty

mailto:[email protected]

thx will do

• NogginNoggin Member Posts: 808

With Firefox I haven't seen an advert on the internet for years.

• mrdoublerrmrdoublerr Member Posts: 269

use firefox and adblock plus

• argos5argos5 Member UncommonPosts: 219

So you detected malware? Why the heck are you using Internet Explorer?! Firefox automaticly blocks all that off.

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

i was using firefox when i got hit....AVG aborted the connection immediately

• argos5argos5 Member UncommonPosts: 219

Hmm. That is very odd. If this is the case, then its not this site. Something is worming itself through your system, because I haven't been hit with anything after being on this site for months.

• khartman2005khartman2005 Member Posts: 477
    Originally posted by argos5

Hmm. That is very odd. If this is the case, then its not this site. Something is worming itself through your system, because I haven't been hit with anything after being on this site for months.

OP I have never been hit by malware on this site either and I have always used firefox. Currently using firefox 3 with adblock plus.

I am gonna have to agree with the person I quoted. It seems you already had an infection.

• MidnitteMidnitte Member Posts: 510

Originally posted by khartman2005
    Originally posted by argos5 Hmm. That is very odd. If this is the case, then its not this site. Something is worming itself through your system, because I haven't been hit with anything after being on this site for months.

OP I have never been hit by malware on this site either and I have always used firefox. Currently using firefox 3 with adblock plus.
    I am gonna have to agree with the person I quoted. It seems you already had an infection.

He probably has a rootkit. This site is free of malicious software.

• MeddleMeddle Administrator UncommonPosts: 758

If you can provide a screen shot of the ads on the page when this occurs please send it to [email protected] and I will take care of it immediately.

UPDATE:  I retrieved the .swf from gameads directly and scanned it locally using Avast and it came up clean.  Unfortuntely this probably means you've got problems locally on your machine.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -