Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

better pvp through diplomacy?

like many, i really dislike FFA PVP in MMORPGs because of all the greifing and ganking that comes with it. especially the conceited childish gamers it tends to attract (if you are feeling offended by the last statement, then YES I MEAN YOU). however, limiting pvp to consensual duelling is just too lame

i think guild-specific content should really be further explored by developers for the betterment of pvp (especially if there isnt opposing factions to freely pvp or enter wars against)

castle seiges / territory wars are great for GvG, and any games being developed without it should really think again, but what about for the rest of the time?... 

i would like to see guild diplomatic settings whereby freindly guilds can become formal allies by consensus, and guilds you dislike you can unilaterally declare as enemies (they would get a system message that they have been declared as guild enemies, and it would show up as enemies in the guild diplomatic window)

benefits to being allies could allow multi-guild chat window tabs (to work like guild chat - and thus expand easy spheres of communication between groups of freinds), and enable limited access to some of the benefits of any guild lands held by allies, or even potentially join in guild battles

enemies guilds could perhaps become PK targets (and your guild become targets for them) when a bounty (fee) is paid to city officials for say a 24-hour period. of course, there would need to be controls to prevent this becoming over-abused such as a limiting the number of times guild X can bounty a guild Y to say once each week (though guild X can bounty guilds A, B and C if they wish). Additionally guild Y cannot be re-bountied again by any (other) guild until 24-hours have passed since guild X's bounty expired (to prevent unlimited greifing of guild Y by a group of allied guilds)

does anything like this exist? or in development? coz i made this shit up as stuff i'd like to see...

( o )( o )

Comments

• xaussxauss Member Posts: 384
    Originally posted by tetchy
    i would like to see guild diplomatic settings whereby freindly guilds can become formal allies by consensus, and guilds you dislike you can unilaterally declare as enemies (they would get a system message that they have been declared as guild enemies, and it would show up as enemies in the guild diplomatic window)
    benefits to being allies could allow multi-guild chat window tabs (to work like guild chat - and thus expand easy spheres of communication between groups of freinds

more tools / content for guilds would be a boon for any game...

however,  just a decent and customisable chat window is needed (i hate it when games ship without the ability to create fully customisable chat channel tabs), for multi-guild channels... i used to play a game were we hardly ever used guild chat, and used chat tabs of (multi-guild) freinds instead (because of low subscriber levels you made freinds where you could find them)