Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Changing a bit on the subject, Msges for people on Gustav's way

My best of wishes, prayers and hope everything goes well for all in the wake of Gustav.

Comments

• damian7damian7 Member Posts: 4,449
    Originally posted by noxiel

My best of wishes, prayers and hope everything goes well for all in the wake of Gustav.

thanks.  this time around people in/around New Orleans are actually vacating.  Those of us around Baton Rouge, are waiting and watching.

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

• gator64gator64 Member Posts: 112

"There no I in team but there a WE in weapon." -Thoragrin Oxenhide

• MagsatoMagsato Member Posts: 230

Have fun overreacting...

Originally posted by Magsato

Have fun overreacting...

Have fun finally moving out of mommy's basement.

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

Just because the last hurricane to come through hit a bunch of unprepared and stubborn people does not mean that the next "big" hurricane to come through is going to end the world.

Its like when a little kid gets abducted, it gets big ratings. So they start reporting more and more until all you see on the news is little kids getting kidnapped everywhere. Well Katrina was big news and here comes another hurricane. What could be better for the major news outlets then to hype this one to oblivion for massive ratings.

Hurricans have been hitting the gulf coast since time began and rarely do they cause the massive destruction that Katrina did, so most likely this one isnt going to particularly eventful either.

Just because the last hurricane to come through hit a bunch of unprepared and stubborn people does not mean that the next "big" hurricane to come through is going to end the world.
    Its like when a little kid gets abducted, it gets big ratings. So they start reporting more and more until all you see on the news is little kids getting kidnapped everywhere. Well Katrina was big news and here comes another hurricane. What could be better for the major news outlets then to hype this one to oblivion for massive ratings.
    Hurricans have been hitting the gulf coast since time began and rarely do they cause the massive destruction that Katrina did, so most likely this one isnt going to particularly eventful either.

and that justifies your beratement in a thread where someone is well-wishing?

i stand by my initial response to you, and i wish your kinfolk well.

• saniceksanicek Member UncommonPosts: 368

Duck and cover.

Subscribtions: EVE, SWTOR WOW, WAR, DDO, VG, AOC, COV, FFXI, GW, RFO, Aion
    +plenty of F2P, betas, trials

Female Dwarf player: WOW, VG, WAR, DDO
    Due to the recent economic crisis and spending cuts the light at the end of the tunnel was turned off. Sincerely, God.

• ahpayneahpayne Member Posts: 18

Somebody takes the time to throw out a " hang in there, we are pulling for you Louisiana" and some idiots think it is funny to joke about it.  Very sad...

Up here in Michigan, we can't even begin to imagine the hell that is a hurricane. Here is to the hope that you guys make it through this one with a whole lot less trouble than the last one. With the exception of a few who have no idea, I am sure the country is watching with prayers that you all come out ok.

• NogginNoggin Member Posts: 808
    Originally posted by noxiel

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708

I agree with you that the media is providing alot of coverage on this, but it beats hearing about some movie star going to a hospital, or shaving their head, etc... besides, it's easy to blow this off when you are not affected by it.  Show a little more empathy for these folks. They are still trying to rebuild their areas and here comes the prospect of having it all washed away. Im sure Katrina is still a fresh memory for alot of them.

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Originally posted by templarga

Ignorance at its best. This is exactly what people said about Camille, Andrew, Hugo, and Katrina. Who cares if the major news outlets get ratings?!?! As long as the warnings save 1 life, then they did their job.

This has the potential, given the events and characteristics of the storm, to be worse than Katrina.

So what do you want? Nobody to prepare or evacuate? You want people to take a chance with their lives and risk it? I am sorry but this is not a game. There is no start over or respawn point. You take these type of events as seriously as possible and I for COMMEND the media, the government and all of the volunteers who are preparing for this storm.

I hope and pray you are right. I hope this storm dissipates and is nothing. That would be great - that everyone evacuated and didn;t need too. But you know what - you do not take that chance. You prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

And next time, don't take over a thread wishing people well who find themsleves in harm's way. I guarantee you that if you were in New Orleans right now you would be appreciative of all of our thoughts and prayers.

You want to see what happens when you do not prepare for a hurricane using the logic you have: Read Hemingway's Hurricane by Phil Scott. It might open you eyes and you might realize why we take these storms so seriously now.

I never said for them to not prepare. I never wished them harm. What I am saying is that people are overreacting. Yea, hurricanes have done damage and taken lives in the past. So have tornadoes, earthquakes, and many other  natural phenomena in the past. However we dont go around around saying "Oh my god, the world is going to end everyone run screaming for your lives" *cough* Ray Nagen *cough*. They are playing this as it is going to completely obliterate the gulf coast.

What is happening now is over the top. This is purely political and everyone is trying to put up face in order to look like they didnt completely **** up last time.

• YunbeiYunbei Member Posts: 898

Seems the powers of Destruction are on the move. Best of luck and safety you ya'll. I for myself am grateful we have no such powers of nature here in Germany. I hope you all get safe back to your houses when WAR starts. ^^

• DudefaceDudeface Member Posts: 24

Note to the OP: Topic moved to off-topic forum.

*Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of MMORPG.com or its management.