Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New! Level Synch coming to FFXI! - Discuss

2»

Comments

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583
    Originally posted by ChrisMattern

Originally posted by Suplyndmnd

Originally posted by Wolfenpride

Alot of other games have a system like this, and it works well from what ive seen.

Do you remember which games?

City of Heroes/Villains leaps to mind.

In EQ2, it's called Mentoring, and at least on my server (Runnyeye) it's a much used and popular system.

So when SE say "a revolutionary new feature", well, that's just bs, nothing new about it.

• tebiantebian Member Posts: 61

Wow I never seen so many post about something talking about me really so inaccurately. For your information guys, I am respected member of the FFXI community and run RGoNots on 3 servers now with about 250 members. The group on Sylph holds the #1 spot atm on the linshell community run by POL. I run one of the FFXI website Final Fantasy Radio for the linkshells that is listen to across at last count 20 servers. I am not coming from not small minority voice but form my opinion from talking to more gamers in a day then most players in a month throughout FFXI. So cut me some slack guys not like I do not know what the changes are.

As to my personal "opinion" it is held by numerous high level crafting people on the Sylph and in my ls with 20 level 100 guilders. It is not general opinion help by the regular players in the least. After 5 years of playing I am with most craftsman on FFXI that our part of the game is being slowly but surely phased out by SE. This is the concern I raised and if you look at the lower level items you make to skill up at that start you will see it is the equipment that the higher levels wont need to buy anymore. It will destroy the market for the 5k or 10k disposable equipment purchases to do a BCNM's, etc. and "will" cause some economic impact on the Auctions House sales. Take a look at all the stuff people are "now" selling off you want some facts.

And on another note... Sure this will be good for the current players of the game but in all honestly when the White Mage in your level 10 party in the dunes wearing full Zenith what do you honestly think that new guy with no sub job is going to feel ? When he ask how you get that and the answer is a year of Sky and a few HNM's ...

• jezvinjezvin Member UncommonPosts: 804
    Originally posted by tebian

Wow I never seen so many post about something talking about me really so inaccurately. For your information guys, I am respected member of the FFXI community and run RGoNots on 3 servers now with about 250 members. The group on Sylph holds the #1 spot atm on the linshell community run by POL. I run one of the FFXI website Final Fantasy Radio for the linkshells that is listen to across at last count 20 servers. I am not coming from not small minority voice but form my opinion from talking to more gamers in a day then most players in a month throughout FFXI. So cut me some slack guys not like I do not know what the changes are.
    As to my personal "opinion" it is held by numerous high level crafting people on the Sylph and in my ls with 20 level 100 guilders. It is not general opinion help by the regular players in the least. After 5 years of playing I am with most craftsman on FFXI that our part of the game is being slowly but surely phased out by SE. This is the concern I raised and if you look at the lower level items you make to skill up at that start you will see it is the equipment that the higher levels wont need to buy anymore. It will destroy the market for the 5k or 10k disposable equipment purchases to do a BCNM's, etc. and "will" cause some economic impact on the Auctions House sales. Take a look at all the stuff people are "now" selling off you want some facts.
    And on another note... Sure this will be good for the current players of the game but in all honestly when the White Mage in your level 10 party in the dunes wearing full Zenith what do you honestly think that new guy with no sub job is going to feel ? When he ask how you get that and the answer is a year of Sky and a few HNM's ...

hmm, more people doing BCNMs and Missions... *Looks at Alch recipies* looks like there will be an even bigger market for Potions and juggs. I am a happy crafter.

-------------------------------------------------
    Achiever 20.00%, Explorer 86.67%, Killer 60.00%, Socializer 33.33%

EKSA
    -------------------------------------------------

• tebiantebian Member Posts: 61

Now that is a intelligent reply to my concerns. Your right there could be increase in other areas of the guild market. I will be very interesting to see what this does to the game. But as for it being the greatest thing to come down the pike in ages I am sorry but not in the least. There is a lot of things it will not do good for the game.

• SuplyndmndSuplyndmnd Member Posts: 553
    Originally posted by tebian

Now that is a intelligent reply to my concerns. Your right there could be increase in other areas of the guild market. I will be very interesting to see what this does to the game. But as for it being the greatest thing to come down the pike in ages I am sorry but not in the least. There is a lot of things it will not do good for the game.

Tebian, if you read the other posts, not everyone is as hung up on it as you seem to believe.  I know one at least, myself, that isn't.  I'm not happy that they're messing with a major part of the games mechanics and like i said before, it's being touted as something so great that i'm sure the downfalls to it will be just as big.  I won't be using it in exp or merit parties ever in parties i create and will ask that leaders of parties i am in refrain as well.  The only thing that i will care for it in regards to, is that i can go and hang out with my friends in a party now where it's more about just getting together with some friends to kill shit than it is about exp and leveling.

EVE - Sharvala
    FFXI - Shazamalicious
    Guild Wars - Xavier Lucifer & Charlize the Necro
    "Ranged...stuck...tree...15 random words... suck... noob fanboy... I MAKE GUIDE!"