Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worst MMO's of all time Thread

simple post the worst 3 MMO's THAT HAVE BEEN RELEASED and back up why for each one.

rules

1. you may not put game that have not released yet, but you may put games that were suppose to be released but were completly abandoned (dont put darkfall)

2.you may not include games just because they rival the game that you play atm.

3. you may not include the following games on your list:

WoW

LOTRO

UO

DAoC

EvE

AC

4. you did not have to play the game you put on your list you just have to have a basic knoledge of the game and why it is so bad.

mine are

3. AC2

2. Dark and Light

1.Mourning

AC2 was an insult to all AC players it was unoriganal and an over all bad game with lack of content and many bugs.

Dark and light is a huge ingame world but a pethetic attempt of a game it self many consider it as the worst MMO ever, but alot of you havnt heard the #1 chioce for me

Mourning-------i dont want to explain just go here http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/37720

Comments

• gathgath Member Posts: 424

Dark and Light would certainly be on my list.

Then several asian "item mall" games, that have such a low quality, i hope that the people paying it dont procreate. They were so crappy, i cant even remember any name

Also on the list would be Knight Online. When i played it, way way way back, the engine was so bad, we would keep seeing glitches everywhere. To be fair, aparently they updated the engine after that, so, now it might not suck as much (relative...).

Hmm... yeah.

Senhores da Guerra

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

This is already being discussed in this thread: www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/191105

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • grimfallgrimfall Member UncommonPosts: 1,153

1. UO - Greifing and pixels?  Let me at it.

2. EvE - Most boring game I've ever tried

3. AC - Rubberbanding and graphics that were a generation behind EQ, despite releasing 8 months after EQ.

• gathgath Member Posts: 424
    Originally posted by grimfall

[...]
    [...]

You played on 0.0 space?

Senhores da Guerra

• DeathstinyDeathstiny Member Posts: 386

1.) Vanguard

2.) SWG

3.) Horizons

• AngelboundAngelbound Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,437

Yea but the other thread lists games that are actually well designed and atleast moderatly polished rather some of us prefer them or not.

• 123123456202123123456202 Member Posts: 272
    Originally posted by grimfall

1. UO - Greifing and pixels?  Let me at it.
    3. AC - Rubberbanding and graphics that were a generation behind EQ, despite releasing 8 months after EQ.

sounds like some one is playing AoC at the moment, in all these games right here that you listed are all about game play then graphics (except eve has good ones)

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

1. Mourning, Age of Mourning, Realms of Torment (same MMO)

2. Dark and Light

3. DnD Online

*1 being the worse and so on

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• KurirKurir Member UncommonPosts: 244

1. Eve

2. Eve

3. Eve

• DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402

Auto assult, horizions, dark and light, vanguard, age of conan, the matrix online.

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

• MortisRexMortisRex Member UncommonPosts: 350
    Originally posted by DeserttFoxx

Auto assult, horizions, dark and light, vanguard, age of conan, the matrix online.

These

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092

There's been so many I don't know where to begin.

• KrayzjoelKrayzjoel Member Posts: 906

SWG after they changed it.

Played : WOW, LOTRO, COH/COV, EQ2, SWG, and WAR.
    Playing EVE Online and AOC.
    Wtg for SW:TOR and WOD

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384
    Originally posted by Kurir

1. Eve

2. Eve

3. Eve

someone didnt read the OP lol

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• EichenkatzeEichenkatze Member Posts: 340

1. Post-NGE SWG

2. Horizons

3. Most Eastern-MMOs

Reasons;

1. I loved Pre-CU SWG. I don't care that someone else didn't. I did. I had a good thing going and had tons of fun, and plenty of contacts. It changed, and look what happened. Besides,  Pre-CU SWG and Post-NGE SWG are two entirely different games.

2. So much potential in this one. SO MUCH. But it absolutely failed in it's first steps. I really do mourn for this game as again, it had so much potential. I was really hoping Horizons would have been great, I was even waiting for it pre-launch. Oh well- It's not even on the radar really anymore.

3. Most of them are quick-crap. They're micks of each other down to the combat system. There are a few that stand out and are actually impressive.. but for the most part they're all the same.. and force micro transactions on you. Blah!

Everquest - 2000 - '02
    Anarchy Online - '01-'02
    Earth and Beyond - '02-'04
    Star Wars Galaxies - '03-'06('07)
    World of Warcraft - '04-'07
    Age of Conan - '08 - shelved.
    -Waiting on-
    Star Trek Online
    SW: The Old Republic

• InTheSeaInTheSea Member Posts: 141

1. Vanguard.

A drugs addict who is never around leading a company. SoE taking up their miserable attempt. The whole staff getting fired by SoE on the spot. It still makes me lol when I think about it.

2. Lineage 2 in the US/EU.

Do I need to explain why lol? When 9/10 players aren't even real but controlled by bots hacking, you get the number 2 spot of worst MMO of all time for the western market.

• severiusseverius Member UncommonPosts: 1,516

hmmm, worst mmo's of all time... this'll be fun rofl

1. Dark and Light

2. Horizons

3. SWG Post-hologrind

4. Auto Assault

5. Fury

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Top 3....so many to chose from

1. Age of Conan - why? Because of the damage it is doing to the reputation of MMORPG's
    2. Tabula Rasa - why? well again, ol' Lord British got everyone pissing their pants over the game and how it was going to change the way people play MMO's. Big name company + Big name developer = PoS game again.
    3. D&DO - Why? Again the reputation damage this game did to MMO's. I don't know how many people remember the games original advertising slogan but it turned out to be anything but...."the MMORPG that changes everything".

There are soooo many more. I have a bone to pick with these big name companies that turn out garbage games.

SOE is probably most notorious for apparently just publishing anything that anyone throws at them. Everything from Vanguard & PotBS (2007) to SWG (2003) and everything inbetween was just a pile of crap.

• xxlilDevilxxxxlilDevilxx Member UncommonPosts: 245
    Originally posted by 123123456202

simple post the worst 3 MMO's THAT HAVE BEEN RELEASED and back up why for each one.
    rules
    3. you may not include the following games on your list:
    WoW
    LOTRO
    UO
    DAoC
    EvE
    AC
    4. you did not have to play the game you put on your list you just have to have a basic knoledge of the game and why it is so bad.

^----huh? how can you judge something without even playing the game?

Also, whats the point of this thread when we had a 24 pages discussion already

www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/191105

• purewitzpurewitz Member UncommonPosts: 489

1. Any click to move game

2. Any click to move game

3. Any click to move game

In short click to move is an EPIC FAIL! Which makes any good game horrible.

When we get back from where we are going, we will return to where we were. I know people there!

• ladyattisladyattis Member Posts: 1,273

1. [Insert Any Generic F2P Grinder].
    2. DDO [Yeah, it has nice bones, but no meat].
    3. [Insert Any Generic P2P Themepark].

• KurirKurir Member UncommonPosts: 244
    Originally posted by Enigma

Originally posted by Kurir

1. Eve

2. Eve

3. Eve

someone didnt read the OP lol

Oh I can read just fine, but I don't feel constrained by silly rules.

• InTheSeaInTheSea Member Posts: 141
    Originally posted by purewitz

1. Any click to move game
    2. Any click to move game
    3. Any click to move game
    In short click to move is an EPIC FAIL! Which makes any good game horrible.

Point and click is SOOOOO BAD. Who the hell introduced this in 3D MMO. Seriously, who was it =/.

• DloreDlore Member UncommonPosts: 462

Err...I just replied to an exact same thread of this...!

1. AoC (Again, can do good, just may need alot of time, and free time :)

2. Mabinogi Point and Click FTW, oh and I can't stand it!

3. Insert Another F2P MMO Here

• Blazer6992Blazer6992 Member UncommonPosts: 642

You have the number one and number three worst MMO's of all time in your list of ones we can't pick. So I'm not going to even waste my time trying to answer it.