Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shaiya: My new online game

Albion78Albion78 Member Posts: 1

Hi all, i've recently discovered F2P MMORPG and so i have tryed some of them. After some bad experience i stopped on Shaiya, produced from Aerie Game (they also make a lot of other F2P MMORPG for example, car, tennis, martial arts, other fantasy and so on)

The gameplay is quite commons, you choose side (light or dark), your race, and class (as usual priest, tank, assassin, hunter, mage, fighter)

Killing mobs and doing quest you make px get level and can get new skill and item, what i've noticed is that compared to other games i've experienced the quest are much faster, also when u have to kill mobs for drop usually u get 1 drop on 2 mobs... quite fast.

More than that there is a very nice pvp are to go to spend good killing time when bored from mobs. Pvp areas are divided by level but there is also a big common area, in this place mobs can drop special item called "lapis" than can be used to insert in armor/weapon and give more power/better stats.

PVP is not killing just to kill but have influence on PVE, the winning side get more HP. MP, better stats, more EXP, less EXP loss when die and so on.

The last good news is that the GM and Developer community seems listen a lot to player community so they try to make changes and give always new contents.

Comments

• damond5031damond5031 Member UncommonPosts: 445

You should try World of Kung Fu..the only f2p I have ever actually enjoyed..I couldnt get into Shaiya much, but to each his own.

• MajesticoMajestico Member UncommonPosts: 481

It's a bit hard to tell from your post if you or for or against free2plays.  I presume that you did not enjoy a lot of them until you discovered Shaiya.  I, myself, am not a fan of free2plays.  To me they are a hellish waste of time, but hey, if other people like them, then that is fine by me.  Shaiya was one of the better ones I tried.  To those who have not tried it - it plays very similar to Lineage 2.  Not only is the gameplay remarkably similar, but so is the graphical style.  If you love L2, but cannot afford the subscription costs, then you will love this game.

Another feature of note is the difficulty mode system.  Here, hardcore gamers can finally find a game that supports 'perma-death'.  It is quite annoying though, as you have to play through easier modes first, in order to start a perma-death character.  Once you have unlocked this mode, then you can select a character, and should they be killed, you have a select period of time in which they have to be resurected, or they die permenately (usually a couple of minutes).

If you are a fan of grind based, asian mmo's - then this is one of the best.

• MajesticoMajestico Member UncommonPosts: 481

hmmm - seems your thread has been moved from the Pub to this forum for some reason.