Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mixed Opinions I see...hmmmm. lol

Hey...seen as this is my first ever post....I wont babble too much. From looking at this particular forum, I see that there are mixed opinions about MEO. I for one and exited beyond belief!!! And as a game and tolkien fan, I fail to understand how you cannot be exited about this game!!!!!! lol image

Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers. I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of Men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the Age of Men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West!

Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers. I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of Men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the Age of Men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West!

Comments

• ArianrhodArianrhod Member Posts: 4

Well...Tolkien fans & MMORPG fans both have seen a lot of disappointments - games & other spin-offs that aren't true to the books, players who don't care about role-playing who ruin the atmosphere, games released full of bugs or with little resemblance to the original concept, promises made & broken over & over...

Given all that, it's not surprising that "cautiously optimistic" is about the best you are likely to see from experienced players for any new game, let alone one tied to such high expectations as anything based on Tolkien.

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

Consider what SWG did to star wars and you might see why. =)

• FadeFade Member Posts: 419

i like swg but i see the point with MEO. from the looks of the game it seems to be working well with the book i mean they actually included tom bombadil (sp?)

Playing: Star Wars Galaxies,
    Beta/retired: Tibia, lineage 2, darkages, Saga of Ryzom, conquer, runescape, raganarok, knight online, Eternal lands
    hope to play: face of mankind, everquest 2

proud member of BKB http://www.bkbhq.com/

• .Reaper..Reaper. Member Posts: 30
    This is a first, glad to hear things are coming along but I hope they make this game better than it sounds like it is going to be. They definitely made Starwars Galaxies and blast to play online, if this Middle-Earth is anything near or like that, it will be guaranteed fun and I hope it is because I am a big fan of Lord of the Rings and if they make this better than most people expect it to be. I am sure will be a lot of fun to play online.

- - - - - -
    MMORPG RETIRED: - Everquest - Dark Age of Camelot - Lineage II - Runescape -
    BETA ACCEPTIONS: - Planetside - Everquest - Guildwars - World War II Online - Lineage II - EVE Online -

- - - - - -
    MMORPG RETIRED: - Everquest - Dark Age of Camelot - Lineage II - Runescape -
    BETA ACCEPTIONS: - Planetside - Everquest - Guildwars - World War II Online - Lineage II - EVE Online -

• DarknsAngelDarknsAngel Member Posts: 4
    Well that makes two of us lol this game looks promising so they better not mess it up.

"This is great it feals like my bodys on fire" Dilandau

---------------------------------------------
    Most people cower in the darkness. I embrase it!

• j-monsterj-monster Member Posts: 1,060
    I dont think we have to worry much about the agme not ebing true to the books. The devs at Turbine are really obbsessing over staying true to tolkiens books and crap. i wouldent worry about it much. Dont belive me check out www.meo.com

• sexytragedy7sexytragedy7 Member Posts: 13

i wonder how it will be lol x.x

Aaaaaa

Aaaaaa

• DeathBladeDeathBlade Member Posts: 33
    this will hopefully be one of the best damn games out there...when and IF it gets released :P (dont pull a mythica PLEASE EA)

• jonbeansjonbeans Member Posts: 3
    I am LoTR fan I have red most of the books. The one and only thing that I am worried about is the fact that wizards will actually be casting spells from there hands like fire bolt or something like that and thats not what tolkien had in the books wizards didn't have those type of spells..... but I am not 100% sure if this is true. Now turbine I think will do an amazing job they created my two favorite MMO's of all time AC1 and AC2. I just always wanted a LoTR MMO where you can run across middle earth and mordor and you can fight a balrog. JKust remember this isn't based of LoTR this game is based off Middle Earth......The creatures in it, the land, the elves the rangers, the wizards, the hobbits all that is part of middle earth and I don't see why people are disapointed the game is not call LoTR online its called Middle Earth online......