Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many people still play EQ2?

13»

Comments

• DarthHoobDarthHoob Member Posts: 108

EQ2 is alive and kicking. Summer is always a quiet time in an established MMO, but I've seen a steady increase in old players returning (myself included after a brief stint away due to AoC) and new players trying it out.

The live events leading up to expansion 5 are keeping us interested (as well as the thought of the impending guild halls).

RoK was not everybody's ideal expansion, it's had mixed opinions from the playerbase. Personally I don't like the solely quest-driven aspect of it, and would have welcomed an equal amount of group/kill xp action to break up the monotony of the faction questlines, but I still persevere with it, and enjoy the groupage when I can.

I'm sure there are quiet servers out there, but the ones I play on are buzzing all the time. I play on EU Runnyeye and love it there. I can always get a group, I'm in an active guild, and there's plenty of new players asking questions 24/7.

If your server is dead, try another. Simple.

Currently returned to Norrath after disliking Hyboria.