Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars Galaxies: TCG Tournaments Today

SzarkSzark News ManagerMember Posts: 4,420

SOE has announced that they will begin holding the first tournaments for the Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game today.

Join us this Friday (August 29, 2008) for the first ever Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game tournaments! We will be loading up the tournament queues this Friday and would appreciate your help. We'll be giving out rewards to those that place well, and the best part is these tournaments are FREE! Build your best deck from the cards you own and join us for lots of tournament fun!

Read more here.

Comments

• shohadabanshohadaban Member Posts: 36

I just returned last month very supprised to resubscribe as NGE has improved a ton, but this trading card game is a total fail of an idea. SOE just shot themselves in the foot YET AGAIN!

It's a horrid way to;

make servers seem even less populated, and buy in game items with real life cash.

It is a terrible waste of time and rescources that could have been put into the GAME ITSELF.

Is SOE ever going to learn, if they want profits, all they need to do is make the game kick ass.

I think bioware will remind us what it looks like when a  Star Wars game kicks ass.

• BattleskarBattleskar Member Posts: 341
    Originally posted by shohadaban

I just returned last month very supprised to resubscribe as NGE has improved a ton, but this trading card game is a total fail of an idea. SOE just shot themselves in the foot YET AGAIN!
    It's a horrid way to;
    make servers seem even less populated, and buy in game items with real life cash.
    It is a terrible waste of time and rescources that could have been put into the GAME ITSELF.
    Is SOE ever going to learn, if they want profits, all they need to do is make the game kick ass.
    I think bioware will remind us what it looks like when a  Star Wars game kicks ass.

I am a recently returned vet as well and was having a good time until now. I have a feeling this is going to be a real bad idea,Of course its a bit of a fad right now,but I already see problems coming. I just got my 5 year vet reward the Hover Chair and it was kinda rare to see.Now with the Card game I see different kinds of Hover Chairs,Pod Racers,The Speeder Darth Maul used in Episode 1,and many other neat things.Its real sad that The Card Game is offering way cooler items than was ever offered to the paying in game playerbase.Now I hear my guild constantly playing that card game and I am like What the Heck are you doing? We are supposed to be playing in the Star Wars Galaxies MMO right? They will make some $$$ off the card game from all the Hardcore Gamers goin after the card goodies. Lame SOE you lost me again acct. Canceled and I will be leaving at the end of my acct.

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465

$OE alienates more players in the quest for more money.... what a surprise.....

Oh, and the TCG apparently causes massive in game lag. according to the O boards....

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

How could a few hundred people on all the servers cause lag? 

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261
    Originally posted by Burntvet

Oh, and the TCG apparently causes massive in game lag. according to the O boards....

Just because it's on the offiical forums, doesn't make it true ;)  There's no ingame lag caused by the TCG, at least if you don't have the TCG window open.

If you have the TCG window open and there's animations being played within it, while you're in an active area of the game - such at the middle of a PvP battle - then you'll notice a FPS drop.  However, I think it's rather unlikely that anyone will be wanting to play the TCG while in the middle of a PvP battle ;)

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Originally posted by Obraik

Originally posted by Burntvet

Just because it's on the offiical Obraik-approved forums, doesn't makes it true ;)  There's no ingame lag caused by the TCG (and because you say it, that automatically makes it true, eh?), at least if you don't have the TCG window open.

If you have the TCG window open and there's animations being played within it, while you're in an active area of the game - such at the middle of a PvP battle - then you'll notice a FPS drop.  However, I think it's rather unlikely that anyone will be wanting to play the TCG while in the middle of a PvP battle ;) ever.

Fixed.

Which is more than I can say for SWG. TCG causes how many more client crashes? Exit crash? New Instance bugs popping up? Alot...

Or is everyone on the official boards lying about those too?