Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mines of Moria BETA Application

Brandywine Global LFF chan "/joinchannel glff"

Comments

• TeiraaTeiraa Member UncommonPosts: 447
    Originally posted by jarish

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=159441

When you apply you also get a code for an in-game item, the Ranger's Cloak.

I know, technically it says that you need to complete all the deeds in the 3 preview games first, but I definitely never completed all of them (gave up S&T early out of frustration), and still got the code for the Cloak immediately after registering for beta.

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102

One part of me really wants to get into the beta but at the same time I dont want to spoil the fun before the release... This happened to me with closed beta in WAR... now I just cant get very excited about it (even if I liked the game)

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

Yeah, back in the early 90s I used to weasel my way into beta tests for games. But then I realized that I'm just spoiling the game for myself.  To properly test something, you have to play it to death and see it in an imperfect state.

Of course, back then, you usually got a free copy of the game as a reward (and your name in the manual or read me file at least)

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• YeeboYeebo Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

Have your cake and eat it to.  Only a small proportion of those that sign up will be invited.  Just indicate that you would barely play the beta and hate Tolkien on the sign up forms and you should be able to get the cloak without getting invited to the beta

[I'm not sure what an alien head is supposed to denote, but I decided to support an underused emoticon]

I don't want to write this, and you don't want to read it. But now it's too late for both of us.