Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ryzom: Free Accounts Available

SzarkSzark News ManagerMember Posts: 4,420

The folks at Ryzom have announced that in addition to re-activating the accounts of all former players, players can now sign up for a limited number of new accounts.

Recently we opened the game to every single account for free and removed all restrictions on Unlimited Free Trial accounts making them truly "unlimited". Since then everyone who ever had an account and wasn't banned has been able to come and play and we've been very gratified to see so many people enjoying themselves on Atys.

Of course we've not failed to notice the large number of people who have just learnt about Ryzom recently and can't wait to sign up and join everyone else. Starting right now we have opened account creation for a limited number of free accounts! If you don't have a Ryzom account already, hurry and sign up; this will only be possible for a short time because there's a limited number of accounts to be created across all three communities! If you already play and know some people who don't then tell them to come sign up and join you absolutely free.

Read more here.

Comments

• uncusuncus Member UncommonPosts: 528

Unfortunately, it appears that if you were unsubscribed at the collapse, then your account is NOT reactivated.  This is based upon personal experience and comments from the Ryzom support forum [http://forums.ryzom.com/showpost.php?p=442119&postcount=28].  So, if you were paying when they went under, you're good, but if you were unsubscribed, you are not.  Hopefully they'll change this soon! 

• Lunchbox76Lunchbox76 Member Posts: 294

Nope, All accounts inactive, trial or acitve t unless banned for some reason have been reactivated. The ones that were unsubscribed though cannot log into the Ryzom forum. So you can read the forum just not post.

Playing Fallen Earth.

• ArteanArtean Member UncommonPosts: 215
    Originally posted by uncus

Unfortunately, it appears that if you were unsubscribed at the collapse, then your account is NOT reactivated.  This is based upon personal experience and comments from the Ryzom support forum [http://forums.ryzom.com/showpost.php?p=442119&postcount=28].  So, if you were paying when they went under, you're good, but if you were unsubscribed, you are not.  Hopefully they'll change this soon! 

You can't reactive your account. However, you can download the client and using you old loggin and start playing! ...and that's from my personal experience!

Good to finally be back in Atys.

When in doubt, troll.

• RehmesRehmes Member Posts: 600

I encourage everyone whos looking for a skill-based game to jump in now and see if this is the game for you or not since the availability is limited. I for one wanted to try a skill-based game outside of EvE (been at it since 06 and still love it but wanted to try something away from spaceships for a few) and found myself in love with the game withing the 1st few minutes.

I assume that you mean that you can download the client and start over, I cannot currently login to the characters that I played for 1 1/2 years [and don't wish to restart - especially if my character names would be frozen.  A quirk, I know, but anyone who knows me, knows ME!]

• RadiickRadiick Member Posts: 94

I as well could not re-log into my old account, so I simply created another and was good to go.  I have access to play the game and to use the forums as well.  I hope this helps out?

Its worse to actually think about doing something then actually doing it!!!

• katriellkatriell Member UncommonPosts: 977

I don't know why some of you can't log into your old unsubscribed accounts. =/ Many people can.

-----------
    In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on August 13, 2008.

• Lunchbox76Lunchbox76 Member Posts: 294

I am able to also. It could be a db migration issue related to it moving to gameforge way back when. If you cant access your old account just pick up one of the free ones when the keys go out.

Playing Fallen Earth.

• Balthaazar1Balthaazar1 Member Posts: 531

about 250 free accounts left, I just got mine, Thanks!

------------------------------

'Cry Havoc, and Let Loose the Dogs of WARRRRR!!!'

I assume that you mean that you can download the client and start over, I cannot currently login to the characters that I played for 1 1/2 years [and don't wish to restart - especially if my character names would be frozen.  A quirk, I know, but anyone who knows me, knows ME!]

No, I could actually log back in to my old character, created -04 and hasn't been played in about two years. Seems strange it only works for some but not all :/

When in doubt, troll.

The CeB chat client has a link to a "fixer" [delete the cfg before running the fixer!]

Here's the link:  http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=32262

Thanks for the CeB tip :)

Looks like I can login now!

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

I can't log in with my account as well.  What's frustrating is I was able to play for a day a couple weeks ago, then it stopped working.

When I try to log in it says 'your account needs a proper subscription to connect (3011)'. 

I would like to play.  Who knows, maybe I would get sucked into it before Warhammer Online comes out.  I like the graphics, skill based game play and sandbox design.

So far I tried deleting and reinstalling the game and sending a letter to Ryzom support ( no response). 

• katriellkatriell Member UncommonPosts: 977

I suspect they're getting A LOT of support emails for all manner of issues and non-issues. Quite a few 1000-account batches have been depleted by now...

-----------
    In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on August 13, 2008.

• soulwyndsoulwynd Member UncommonPosts: 47

My account is 3 years old and unsubscribed, I was able to log in without any problem on old characters. Not sure about reactivation issues, but I can use it right now.

• TschwabTschwab Member Posts: 4

More accounts were just added! There were 1950 when I created mine 5 minutes ago. GOGOGO :)

The CeB chat client has a link to a "fixer" [delete the cfg before running the fixer!]
    Here's the link:  http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=32262
    Thanks for the CeB tip :)
    Looks like I can login now!

Grats!

When in doubt, troll.