Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audiovisual signs final agreement with Aventurine

gothagotha Member UncommonPosts: 1,074

"Aventurine and Audiovisual signed a final agreement on the exclusive cooperation of the two companies for the publishing, distribution and utilization in any and all forms, in Greece and in 50 other countries, of the MMORPG named Darkfall. Audiovisual will pay royalties to Aventurine based on the predicted sales."

Also on the second paragraph it mentions that the game will be launched in the world market as a pilot program in October 2008... Beta?!

http://www.capital.gr/news.asp?Details=563580

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?p=1592284&posted=1#post159228

this quoted from shaar in df forums

Comments

• VansinneVansinne Member Posts: 212

Don't bring good news here! We've discuss if this game is real or not.

Naah kiddin', nice find from Shaar.

• Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686
    Originally posted by gotha

"Aventurine and Audiovisual signed a final agreement on the exclusive cooperation of the two companies for the publishing, distribution and utilization in any and all forms, in Greece and in 50 other countries, of the MMORPG named Darkfall. Audiovisual will pay royalties to Aventurine based on the predicted sales."
    Also on the second paragraph it mentions that the game will be launched in the world market as a pilot program in October 2008... Beta?!

this quoted from df forums

As i thought. Release October 2008. Nice find. =)

Theyre preparing for open beta. They even hinted a long time follower to check this out on Darkfall IRC -

http://www.darkfallonline.com/beta/

Why do you guys think they pointed out the link for this Darkfall beta link? =)

Cause the beta isnt on the way? =)

• kilixenkilixen Member Posts: 28

Release Oct 2008?

This keeps getting better and better. There is no way this game is releasing in 2 months.

Perhaps a Beta.. but release?  Hell no

• TheodgrimTheodgrim Member Posts: 535

Thanks for sharing.  This is the most interesting part IMO:

"Compared with existing respectively on-line games, the Darkfall offers better graphics, technology which allows simultaneous connection more users, more interactivity and increased options by the user. The Darkfall expect to allocate pilot in the international market in October 2008."

I would say that means beta is planned for Oct, no doubt about it.

Better graphics, more simultaneous users, and what I will simply call "more content", when compared to existing on-line games is going a bit far for a game that doesnt hype...but we will see soon!

Better graphics =  LOL

But I understand they can't say worse graphics

Originally posted by kilixen

Release Oct 2008?
    This keeps getting better and better. There is no way this game is releasing in 2 months.

Seems your wrong.

What do you base your statement its not coming out in 2 months?

Cause you have a "gut feeling" it wont?

Cause you read the clouds today and there was no message there to be seen of a Darkfall release? =)

Gotta love these Darkfall no-sayers and trolls. =)

Better graphics =  LOL
    But I understand they can't say worse graphics

Darkfall have superb graphics. Especially considering its low polygon graphics.

Bad graphic?  http://www.darkfallonline.com/gallery/races/orks_01?full=1

Darkfall graphic style is superior any other MMORPG created. At least in my eyes. =)

• Ecstasy25Ecstasy25 Member Posts: 24

So in Oct 2009 will you still believe them when they say open beta is coming?

• MahloMahlo Member UncommonPosts: 814
    Originally posted by Aragon100

Release Oct 2008?

Seems your wrong.

Cause you read the clouds today and there was no message there to be seen of a Darkfall release? =)

And what do you base your belief on? I'd be interested in hearing your predicted schedule if Darkfall is to be released in 2008? What kind of beta will it get, when, how long? Then how quickly after that will the game be ready for release. Oh, and finally, in what state?

Originally posted by Ecstasy25

Dont have to cause it seems it coming out October 2008. =)

Have a nice day

So you think graphics that belong on a game 4+ years ago is superior to this??

You are aware of that this is not a announcement from Aventurine but from the publisher?

Originally posted by Mahlo

Release Oct 2008?

Seems your wrong.

And what do you base your belief on? I'd be interested in hearing your predicted itinary if Darkfall is to be released in 2008? What kind of beta will it get, when, how long? Then how quickly after that will the game be ready for release. Oh, and finally, in what state?

What we know is that Darkfall beta will exceed the release of the game with a "few weeks".

Tasos told us that we shouldnt read the "few weeks" statement as it is 2 weeks. It can vary depending on how the beta proceeds. =)

Have a nice day

• EvasiaEvasia Member Posts: 2,827
    Originally posted by Theodgrim

Thanks for sharing.  This is the most interesting part IMO:

"Compared with existing respectively on-line games, the Darkfall offers better graphics, technology which allows simultaneous connection more users, more interactivity and increased options by the user. The Darkfall expect to allocate pilot in the international market in October 2008."

I would say that means beta is planned for Oct, no doubt about it.

Better graphics, more simultaneous users, and what I will simply call "more content", when compared to existing on-line games is going a bit far for a game that doesnt hype...but we will see soon!

Its logical that darkfall will prolly have alot to offer after such long development time, i think it will shake the foundation of mmo world and many be shocked by its sheer billiance:)

Games played:AC1-Darktide'99-2000-AC2-Darktide/dawnsong2003-2005,Lineage2-2005-2006 and now Darkfall-2009.....
    In between WoW few months AoC few months and some f2p also all very short few weeks.

That is a really ugly screenshot. That screenie turn me off instantly. Darkfall graphics with its dark and gothic settings is just superior any other MMORPG of today. Edit- means the graphic style of Darkfall is superior any other MMORPG out today. =)

This is a matter of taste of course.

But i actually do prefer this screenshot before the one you posted.

http://www.darkfallonline.com/gallery/races/orks_01?full=1

Lets stay on topic please.

This thread isnt about graphics.

Have a nice day

• singsofdeathsingsofdeath Member UncommonPosts: 1,812

The deal is signed then, excellent. Maybe we can finally put this topic to rest this year. Although I'll miss all the fun discussions.

Few things that bother me. It seems, from the wording, that Audiovisual is now in charge of handling the distribution completely. Will they still allow the free playtesting as was promised?

And of course, the age-old question, what state will the game be in?

And Aragon....BEST graphics in any MMO? Look at those trees in your own link and consider your words again.

Oh, and Dark and Gothic? What about all those pretty girls in tight armor in shining elf-like cities I saw in the screenies? XD

Yup we think. Please keep posting, we sure need more mature postsers here

Originally posted by Vansinne

You are aware of that this is not a announcement from Aventurine but from the publisher?

and we all know the DVD replication company they had to take because no other publisher would touch Darkfall really has lots of experience in knowing when a MMORPG is ready to launch.

I am sure when dec 31 rolls around and there's no release and no beta Aragon will still be hear making up his pathetic excuses.

And you will what? Keep creating new accounts and posting low intelligent immature posts? Yea, that much better

Originally posted by singsofdeath

The deal is signed then, excellent. Maybe we can finally put this topic to rest this year. Although I'll miss all the fun discussions.

Few things that bother me. It seems, from the wording, that Audiovisual is now in charge of handling the distribution completely. Will they still allow the free playtesting as was promised?

And of course, the age-old question, what state will the game be in?

And Aragon....BEST graphics in any MMO? Look at those trees in your own link and consider your words again.

Oh, and Dark and Gothic? What about all those pretty girls in tight armor in shining elf-like cities I saw in the screenies? XD

Best graphic style id said if i dont remember wrong? =)

Lets keep it on topic please.

Have a good one

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630

Release Oct 2008?

It has been in closed beta a long time... :)

• downtoearthdowntoearth Member Posts: 3,558

Have a nice day

well pilot means like a pr beta

I see.
    So you're saying you prefer poorly modelled and poorly textured objects to professionally modelled and professionally textured ones?
    Ok I get it now.

Do you think that makes me angry? haha, well I played the game and it didn't look like that. And the upgrade of the engine made it better, but still not as good like in the latest Darkfall video.

Originally posted by downtoearth

Have a nice day

well pilot means like a pr beta

Ok mate. Thx for the clarification. =)

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813

Darkfall is expected to be made available to the international market on a pilot level (translation from Greek text) = a more formal way of saying Beta.

Beta in October 2008, not release. Which gives ample time for a nice Xmas release...

Woot!

Originally posted by Vansinne

And you will what? Keep creating new accounts and posting low intelligent immature posts?

No I'll just keep laughing at the fanboys and Darkfall like I've been doing for the last 7 years.

What a great interest! Lucky you internet is here for your rescue