Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

new player wanting a peak, can someone please send me a free trial key?!

Comments

• UbahNecroUbahNecro Member Posts: 185

NCSoft has a stupid system where they disable and invalidate trial keys after a certain period of time. Most of the trial keys that players have had for over a month or so simply will show up as being used and be invalid. I get a free trial key with every game card purchase and so far none of them have worked for anyone that I've sent them to.

They do this because farmers buy a lot of time cards and use the trial keys to activate more bot accounts. Good luck finding one that works.

• ARGH69ARGH69 Member Posts: 11

that's ok i signed up for the game.

the character creation was laughable as there is virtually no customization.  all the make humans looked like flaming fags.  i hope the gear is varied enough to enable some customizable looks later in game.

point and click threw me off.  not sure about this.

• UbahNecroUbahNecro Member Posts: 185

L2 is a set-based game. That means that you only gain benefits beyond PDef and MP from an armor set when you wear a full set of it. That cripples "diversity" at all grades of gear. Most players of the same class will wear pretty much the same gear at the various gear grades in the game. The best way to make yourself look different is to get a head accessory early before it becomes "Flavor of the Month" and easily accessible, or have a very high Over-Enchanted Weapon that glows Dark Blue or Red (GLuck!).

You should notice this immediately as you port into Giran/Aden/Goddard/Rune and see many other toons run past you. Most of the players of the same archetype will be wearing the same gear (provided they are of the same grade, up to A Grade).