Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New player friendly?

xersentxersent Member Posts: 613

Hi all i was going to download the 14 day free trial and give this ago , ive never played this one befor altho ive been playing mmo's for about 10 years just never got around to trying this one, is it new user friendly and is the population still ok ?

Comments

• MaeEyeMaeEye Member UncommonPosts: 1,106

I wouldn't say it's as friendly as EQ or WoW, but it gets you around.  The game still has much depth, as for the player base...I think the best one would be Atlanta (server).  You have to remember this game was released in 1997, one of the first MMO's.  It's got quite an experience, you just have to look over the age.

/played-mmorpgs

Total time played: 9125 Days, 21 Hours, 29 Minutes, 27 Seconds
    Time played this level: 39 Days, 1 Hour, 24 Minutes, 5 Seconds

• ShadowhearthShadowhearth Member Posts: 174

Well i think UO community is alot better then WoW and AoC or any ather, maybe EQ2 is really nice aswell. Btw roleplaying is alot of fun there aswell. I think the only one Game that still does it :(

there are some players who help newcomers. There is even a website for that.

I wish more poeple would come back to UO :( . If you think about it...

• bcrankshawbcrankshaw Member Posts: 547

I play UO and it's a good game ,not great but good ...it is dated but still fun.I recommend using KR as your new client ...the graphics are improved .Also I recommend playing on Europa server ,its one of the 2 official European servers .When you start the game you'll start in Haven and there is dedicated guild in Haven who can assist you with questions

Check there website http://haven.uosites.com/

"after the time of dice came the day of mice "

• ObeeObee Member Posts: 1,550

It is as new player friendly as any rotting corpse can be.  It wont rise to eat your brain, but it still gives off an unpleasent odor.  The current developers are unwilling to even spray the corpse with something to make the stench a bit less nasty, since they feel that would be dwelling in the past.  Just because the game was better in the past, and had more subscribers, is no reason for the developers to look at what worked back then and doesn't now.  It isn't like the owners of the game view it as a business or anything...

Anyway, ignore the rantings of a former player.  There are Elves, Ninja, and Samuri in the game now!  Just because none of those things make any sense considering the IP the game is based on is no reason to avoid it.  If they ever decide to release the expansion that was supposed to be released by now, but that no one from EA is willing to talk about at this point, aside from saying it is going to be jsut spiffy, they are even going to add Gargoyles as a playable race.  This includes female Gargoyles, which have been established to not exist in the Ultima world.  As you can see, the developes have a strong grasp, and an even stronger respect, for the game they are working on.

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

Ive played the old school Ultima games on PC ages but never played UO I was wondering and wanting some feedback is there the openness like the single player ones?

• SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by firefly2003

Ive played the old school Ultima games on PC ages but never played UO I was wondering and wanting some feedback is there the openness like the single player ones?

Well, I can't really compare it to the old, single player UO games, but I can say this with just about %100 certainty - It's more open than any other mmo to date :).