Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is Everquest 2 these day?

SimmusSimmus Member Posts: 222

hi,

i have played eq and wow for about 3-4 years and now i have played eq2

but not alot of time .Do it worth to play?

what is good in the game?

alot better than Everquest 1?

The graphics are good?

thank you

Comments

• appelappel Member Posts: 53

Anything is better than EQ1 anymore, it's just about dead and extrrmely outdated.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754

EQ2 gets boring pretty quick...Some people can play it forever but I got bored to tears in less than 6 months...Its MMO lite like WoW and LoTRO where questing and soloing are king ....Theres group and raid stuff but I found both extremely boring in EQ2.....While EQ1 may be outdated I still think its gameplay is much more enjoyable.....

• AgninoAgnino Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by appel

Anything is better than EQ1 anymore, it's just about dead and extrrmely outdated.

Thats weird, since I just saw over 100players in Bastion of Thunder....that is one dungeon alone. It takes me about 1min to get a group in eq1 this days. And why is it outdated ? Because it's different ?

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

If you liked the way EQ2 was at launch, I suggest you play EQ1, which is a bit more challenging than the  current state of the sequel.

If you prefer more of a WoW play style than, you might try EQ2, although the original (WoW) is always better IMO.

• GlamisGlamis Member Posts: 84

I returned after 2+ years for the Living Legacy promotion and I think they did a lot of things to make it better.

There is a lot of gameplay variety which is a welcome relief from the modern MMO trend to have nothing but killing mobs or players.

• ChrysaorChrysaor Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Originally posted by Theocritus

EQ2 gets boring pretty quick...Some people can play it forever but I got bored to tears in less than 6 months...Its MMO lite like WoW and LoTRO where questing and soloing are king ....Theres group and raid stuff but I found both extremely boring in EQ2.....While EQ1 may be outdated I still think its gameplay is much more enjoyable.....

I completely agree.

Everquest 2 is not nearly as good of a GAME as the original Everquest.  Sure it has better graphics, but graphics do not make a game.  It is a shame this so called sequel shares Everquest's good name.

Nothing is rare in Everquest 2, there is no scarcity of items.  So called rare resources are very common and with them you can make some of the best armor, spells, and weapon sets in the game.  Also, the economy in the game is a wreck, with lots of items offered up for sale at 2 copper pieces each and almost no market niches available for the player who likes to wheel and deal or play the economy.

Groups are difficult to form, as you can solo most content and the content you cannot solo, often requires a raid.  In addition, the stats of your character do not seem to offer any meaningful clarity as to how your character will perform in combat.  Strategy in combat is almost non-existant, as just clicking on all of your ability icons, as fast as they refresh, will lead you to victory.  Not only is this boring, but it also tends to take its toll over time on your wrist.

I certainly hope that Sony's development efforts on Everquest 3 are much more in focus on the strengths of the orignal Everquest than the mess of a game they have created in Everquest 2.

• XanrnXanrn Member Posts: 154
    Originally posted by Chrysao
    I completely agree.
    Everquest 2 is not nearly as good of a GAME as the original Everquest.  Sure it has better graphics, but graphics do not make a game.  It is a shame this so called sequel shares Everquest's good name.
    Nothing is rare in Everquest 2, there is no scarcity of items.  So called rare resources are very common and with them you can make some of the best armor, spells, and weapon sets in the game.  Also, the economy in the game is a wreck, with lots of items offered up for sale at 2 copper pieces each and almost no market niches available for the player who likes to wheel and deal or play the economy.
    Groups are difficult to form, as you can solo most content and the content you cannot solo, often requires a raid.  In addition, the stats of your character do not seem to offer any meaningful clarity as to how your character will perform in combat.  Strategy in combat is almost non-existant, as just clicking on all of your ability icons, as fast as they refresh, will lead you to victory.  Not only is this boring, but it also tends to take its toll over time on your wrist.
    I certainly hope that Sony's development efforts on Everquest 3 are much more in focus on the strengths of the orignal Everquest than the mess of a game they have created in Everquest 2.

Do you even unstand this game or what?

Nothing is Rare? Bullcrap. I make my money on Rare shinys, Rare loot and spells are expensive as hell on the Broker.

2 Copper Pieces for Common Mats, wow who freakin cares.

Rare Resources are only Rare to an individual, if lots of people are harvesting, there is going to be lots of rares. 1 Person with 100 to 1 odds, is rare, 100 People with 100 to 1 odds, isn't.

Best Armour and Weapon sets in the game, uh no. Seriously did you pay any attention to EQ2 101?

Best Spells, well that answers my question, cause you apparantly didn't. You payed no attention to the App1>App2>App4>Adept1>Adept3>Master1>Master2 spell progression did you...

Groups are helluva lot easier to form than Everquest 1.

Sure you can "solo" most content, you could solo most non-raid content in EQ1 aswell for the exact same reason. Either your class had the ability to completely avoid the mobs attacks (root/kite), or you outleveled the content so it was light blue/green.

Stats don't mean much, yeah whatever. They mean exactly as much as in they did in EQ1. If you have low Str your going to do piss poor Melee dmg, if you have low Int your spells aren't going to do much.

Strategy in Combat in a MMORPG... Yeah EQ2 has the most from all the MMORPGS I have played and if you think EQ1 had more, your smoking something. Half the Classes in EQ1 were Autoattack 90% of the time, occassional pressing 1 of 3 buttons.

If your not going to pay attention to a game, don't bash is because you don't understand it.

• AgninoAgnino Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by Chrysaor

I completely agree.

Hmm, have you even tried this game ?

You talk about rare items, I would say Jarsath robe of royality is as rare as any robe you could get in EQ1. Same goes to most of the other Fabled items you can get through group content.

And as for the economy, its much better then EQ1....since pp is still worth a lot here. Also, how housing is implemented into the economy is excellent....Much better then The Bazaar.

And as for crafting, yes you can make good armor(especially at lower lvl) and spells, but far from the best. You can't compare crafted armor with the best group items or raid items...There are offcourse some few exceptions, cloaks for example.

Groups is as hard to make here as in any other mmo I have tried. Best way is to make a group yourself, you will be suprised how easy it really is.

I can agree that I like EQ1's combat system better, but that goes for solo and group content. When it comes to raids, EQ2 really demands strategy and thinking to defeat the mobs. Raids in EQ2 is much better then what I experienced in EQ1 (stopped raiding there after PoP)

• NeopsychNeopsych Member UncommonPosts: 324

I never played Eq1 unfortunatly but ppl I met in other games who had convinced me that the experience was so good that I had to try EQ2. I joined the beta and played for 3 years.

The game is solid and varied. the lore is deep and rich and the quests, whilst being typical fantasy fodder, are numerous and good fun.

The graphics hold up very very well still and SOE has remained true to keeping the content coming. I recommend this game to anyone.

I enjoyed my time there immensly and thank the old gang for convincing me to try.

To err is human....to play is divine