Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WAR stole Gui from .....

Asherons Call 2.

LOL.. you  thought I was gonna say WOW huh!?!?!? Fooled you .. you basterds..

AC 2 was way before WOW.. Look LOOK.. the healthbars and minimaps are in the same place.. and so is the action bars.. ARGG.. OMG.. what will we ever do.

Comments

• EmotionsEmotions Member UncommonPosts: 333

Wow funny guy...

who cares?

• SignusMSignusM Member Posts: 2,225
    Originally posted by Pangaea

Asherons Call 2.

LOL.. you  thought I was gonna say WOW huh!?!?!? Fooled you .. you basterds..

AC 2 was way before WOW.. Look LOOK.. the healthbars and minimaps are in the same place.. and so is the action bars.. ARGG.. OMG.. what will we ever do.

Almost all game UIs are based on the same game.

• Bruticus_XIBruticus_XI Member Posts: 827

WAR's UI is so customizable by default that you can set it up however you want...so it doesn't matter.

• JoliustJoliust Member Posts: 1,329

Eh, MMO's UI's have been more or less the same since the start, just a few changes here and there and we end up with what we got today.

Sent me an email if you want me to mail you some pizza rolls.

• SteamRangerSteamRanger Member UncommonPosts: 920

No point re-inventing the wheel. I like the sense of familiarity when I start a new game. If it aint' broke,...well, you know. Besides, WAR does have some nice little additions, like being able to get into a queue for a RVR battleground from anywhere.

"Soloists and those who prefer small groups should never have to feel like they''re the ones getting the proverbial table scraps, as it were." - Scott Hartsman, Senior Producer, Everquest II
    "People love groups. Its a fallacy that people want to play solo all the time." - Scott Hartsman, Executive Producer, Rift

• nightwing70nightwing70 Member Posts: 142

Time to sue those bastards

• Halnodor2Halnodor2 Member Posts: 26

Clever.

I hate how all these people are saying "WAR stole this from that".

Listen good ideas and features stick.

Its okay and infact good to use them because it leave things fimilar, people don't need to reinvent the wheel everyday.

• SebaliSebali Member UncommonPosts: 395

since neither of the above posters go it, i'll explain for the OP.

alot of people, most of them whos first mmo was WoW, are complaining that WAR stole, or rather copied the same UI as WoW.

the OP is showing that WoWs UI, as well as many others are VERY similar.

thats there isnt much variety to have.

basically the OP is poking fun at the morons who know nothin but wow

• desecratedesecrate Member Posts: 75

who cares long as the game is fun what does it matter...

• JoliustJoliust Member Posts: 1,329

Originally posted by Sebali

alot of people, most of them whos first mmo was WoW, are complaining that WAR stole, or rather copied the same UI as WoW.

I didn't think it was worth posting. Hopefully everyone got the joke I was just pointing out that the UI is as old as UO and probably a little older.

Sent me an email if you want me to mail you some pizza rolls.

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

*palmface*

• Saber56Saber56 Member Posts: 2

Not to bust your bubble, but DAoC had a similar interface and came out a year before AC2

• PwndStarPwndStar Member Posts: 111

maybe you shouldnt play the game when its released... seeing how anal you are about things being ripped.

----------
    currentlyplaying:
    age of conan

• gan3fgan3f Member UncommonPosts: 274

what!!! welp i guess i should just give my CE away since this means warhammer will be dead at anytime now.

• SoraellionSoraellion Member UncommonPosts: 558

OMG Ford stole the control layout for their cars from BMW!!!!! And THEY stole it from mercedes...

Come to think of it, pepsi stole a lot from coca-cola, I mean both use bottles with the opener op top, and you can drink both too!!!!!

Amazing

• nimsownernimsowner Member Posts: 10

Is War going to have mods to the UI like WoW?

I kind of hope not.  It seemed that you had to rely on mods too much in WoW.  I think it is better if everyone has to use the same interface.  But being able to move bars around and stuff like that is fine.

• PwndStarPwndStar Member Posts: 111
    Originally posted by Soraellion

OMG Ford stole the control layout for their cars from BMW!!!!! And THEY stole it from mercedes...
    Come to think of it, pepsi stole a lot from coca-cola, I mean both use bottles with the opener op top, and you can drink both too!!!!!

Amazing

lol, word!

----------
    currentlyplaying:
    age of conan

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926
    Originally posted by Saber56

Not to bust your bubble, but DAoC had a similar interface and came out a year before AC2

Not to burst your bubble but AC and EQ had a similar interface long before DAoC came out.

Silly argument regardless. The UI's are customizable so each person can do what they want lol.

• crzybrtndrcrzybrtndr Member Posts: 94
    Originally posted by Joliust

Originally posted by Sebali

I didn't think it was worth posting. Hopefully everyone got the joke I was just pointing out that the UI is as old as UO and probably a little older.

UO didn't have a UI silly!  They didn't even use WASD movement...god I miss the way UO used to be. /sigh

• boognish75boognish75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,540

looks like the standard run of the mill ui to me, if it was different it would be too clinky and overcomplicated, why would anyone want that?

playing eq2 and two worlds

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

They shoulda stole it from WoW.

WoW actually has the better interface.