Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is this game really tht bad ?

google89google89 Member Posts: 1

is this game really tht bad

Comments

• Sam123jo0123Sam123jo0123 Member Posts: 409

whats that?

Account has been stolen, why would someone want to steal my account?

• VepgenusVepgenus Member Posts: 398

Not it's not that bad; but I will be honest it is a challenging game. There are allot of good aspects to Roma Victor, ballistics was just introduced into the game and hopefully allot more content soon. Feel free to ask specific questions and I will answer to the best of my ability.

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230

No it's not a bad game, it's just very different from the standard mmorpg and yes it looks abit retro on the graphic side, but defiantly a good and hopefully one day a great game.
    remember a lot of the game info is on the website and in the forums, so spend a little bit of time looking thru both and chatting with other players to help get you started.
    It's not a dive right in sort of game, takes a bit of patience.
  • TheodgrimTheodgrim Member Posts: 535

Dont look at the feature list and expect all of those features to actually be working. 

Performance is typically adequate to poor.

Population is very low.  Likely the lowest population MMO in existance.

Content addition is very, very slow.

Learning curve is fairly steep.  Expect to spend a lot of time in the wiki, or find a vet to show you the ropes.

The game has "potential".  But isnt there yet.  If you are really into the history and are into RP, that can carry you for quite some time.  Dont expect too much, and perhaps you will not be disappointed.  But make no mistake - the typical gamer finds the game seriously lacking on many levels.  If you are still interested, buy it! 

• jdagjdag Member Posts: 48

Yes it is that bad. So bad that they had to cut the initial payment in half. So bad that a few developers quit. So bad that the population has never recovered from KFR's lies. So bad that the RV forums have turned into a WWE no holds bar match.

Yeah it is that bad. Save the $20 for Age of Conan. Less than a month until it comes out

Besides from what I hear there won't be a community left when AoC comes out. Word is out that the Roma Victor community is migrating to AoC

• swiftflowswiftflow Member Posts: 239

I don't know how the game is now but I can guarantee you this ....WORST BETA EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

• VepgenusVepgenus Member Posts: 398

Originally posted by swiftflow

I don't know how the game is now but I can guarantee you this ....WORST BETA EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

No one can steal that title from DnL sorry.

The game now is nothing like it was back in BETA. Game performance is good now and very stable compared to a few months ago.

• TheodgrimTheodgrim Member Posts: 535

Sadly, mid-later stages of beta was much more fun than the current game, IMO.  Players were more concentrated, vigour was FAR less restrictive to moving and fighting, performance was better, 99% of all fighting did not involve any NPC, there were very few places where you were immune to attack, RP was better.  I miss it, warts and all.

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Well last time i logged in the population seemed terribly as always but did notice a couple of newbies running around.

Saving grace for this game is that it attracts lots of new players who feel a one time fee of £10 is all they ever pay for their gaming experience.

Sadly they soon learn that it takes lots of hours or help to actually enjoy many features without resulting in buying from VERM and then they are gone.

• FaroharFarohar Member Posts: 5

The screenshot aint looking too bad, neither does their web-page. Nevertheless theres no chance that I am paying 10 bucks up front for some game I cannot test and I think that many other potential customers think the same. Gamers had to cope with too many crap releases in the past years (not only MMOs ofc) and the common practice of offering free trials also played a role in people wanting to know what they pay for beforehand.

If I consider they want me to pay 10 bucks before I even know if it is worth it, and also considering the "option" to buy ingame sesterces for rl money, i couldnt care less about this title and just move on to the next one - its not like RV is the only MMO out there. I wouldnt buy a car without a test drive, no matter how good it looks.

• aedenaeden Member Posts: 11

great great concept on paper

extremely terrible execution and development

• IijsIijs Member Posts: 457

So true.

• philjwillphiljwill Member Posts: 80

Originally posted by Vepgenus

No one can steal that title from DnL sorry.

The game now is nothing like it was back in BETA. Game performance is good now and very stable compared to a few months ago.

Only because everyone has faster PC's now vepgenus :p

Most of us started playing this game on radeon 9200-9800's or geforce 5700's :p

To be fair though, the last time I played it was fairly stable..

• admriker4admriker4 Member Posts: 1,070

Have they fixed controls since beta ?

I recall having a hell of a time even doing the most basic things. It wasnt very intuitive at all. Talking to an NPC wasnt just clicking them. Opening your inventory wasnt easy either. I remember having to ask all the time for such simple basic things. And half the time, nobody knew the answer.

Course this was when there werent even any mobs to kill outside the town I started in (i assume they did add those lol)

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

They must have fixed the interface system.   Its quite simple.

most of the things can be accessed with hotkeys.. or just by clicking the menu bar at the bottom of your screen.  

Lag, and Frame Rates are still a problem.. but they are definately playable.   Its not like I am trying to fly a plane in a dogfight and stutter into the ground.  ala WWIIOL.

So much crap, so little quality.

• TBertTBert Member Posts: 3

No, the game is not really that bad. Yes, it's taken a long time to get decent. But after playing in beta and in early 2007, the game is much much better than it was those two times.

• sempiternalsempiternal Member UncommonPosts: 1,082

Outstanding concept, poor execution, disdainful lead developer, minimal customer support.

That's Roma Victor in a nutshell, after two years.

There's no monthly fee, so we keep our accounts on the shelf in expectation that the slow progression will eventually culminate in the MMORPG virtual world we have been searching for.

• snowmonkysnowmonky Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by sempiternal

Outstanding concept, poor execution, disdainful lead developer, minimal customer support.
    That's Roma Victor in a nutshell, after two years.
    There's no monthly fee, so we keep our accounts on the shelf in expectation that the slow progression will eventually culminate in the MMORPG virtual world we have been searching for.

Thanks for the information. I was going to try it out for the PvP, but I'll just get the free trial for WWII Online.

www.oblinq.com/SnowmonkeysTemple/