Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Omens of War...

OnelaOnela Member Posts: 131
So.. anyone have any opinions on OoW? I looked for a topic on it briefly, but did not find one.. I probably missed it. Anyway! How do people like the Omens of War expansion?image

Fate is a wheel, it will reveal, all you've become, all that you feel. Destiny knows what has to be, you'll pay the price, nothing is free.

-65 dark elf, Archoness of the Nameless.

- Tienaere Damondred, 70High Priestess of the Nameless
-Onela Damondred, Necro/Ranger of Guild Wars.
-Onela, Magician/Wizard of Ragnarok.

Comments

• BlackstarBlackstar Member Posts: 50

I just cancelled my EQ account (again).  What I experienced in OoW was a bit dissapointing.  The new zones are fairly laggy and thats on a p4 1.6 with almost 1meg of ram and a geforce4.  The graphics are an improvement, but at a serious performance cost.  The load times on the new zones can be fairly long as well.

As far as the task system is concerned, I found it extremely dissapointing.  They generally consist of go to this or that zone, hail an npc, kill 10 mobs, maybe collect drops off them, and hail another npc.  The reward is not that great and the tasks are repetatively boring and unimaginative.

Other than that I cannot say very much.  I had no desire to level any of my toons beyond level 65 and decided there was no more point to me playing anymore.

• RelicaRelica Member Posts: 67

There is considerable lag with OoW ..... but despite the lag I like what I have seen so far. Many nice things drop off 1 groupable named that are just as good as things that drop off raid mobs. (in previous expansions of course, I have not seen links for raid mob drops in OoW yet)

Relica

• OnelaOnela Member Posts: 131

Yeah, I agree. The mobs may be difficult, but it makes it all the more fun! And yes, though.. I lag normally, in normal zones, except like Neriak and Rathe Mountains, but PoK and PoP and Luclin zones kill me.. now this OoW.. I love it there but the lag is so bad, especially in the Wall of Slaughter where 160 people camp at one time. Hehe.

But besides that, OoW is extremely fun. I have ran into a bunch of mobs with my friends and killed them and had not even realized that they were nameds until we looted them and we were like, "oooh!" Lots of beastlord stuff seems to drop although I did get an excellent one hand blunt!

- 66 Exarch of the Nameless

• LimduelLimduel Member Posts: 11
    ummm dumb question and prolly the wrong thread to post in but, in what x-pan was the lvl cap incresed? i had a 65 rogue on bertoxx but that account was stolen and is being sold at the moment image im also thinking about coming back to EQ when EQ2 comes out, but i dont think i will cuz i dont have an account to transfer over anymore image

Limduel-Samurai God.

Limduel-Samurai God.

• OnelaOnela Member Posts: 131
    The level cap was just increased to 70 in the newest expansion, Omens of War.

- 66 Exarch of the Nameless

• KilguriKilguri Member Posts: 119

To be honest, I was a little disappointed with OoW and with alot of the new features, but that is solely due to the fact that it's not fine tuned and fully functional yet (or rather not as intended).

On this flip side tho, in the past few months the devs and QA team has been doing tremendous work improving the game and making it all in all more fun. Granted, there are nay sayers, and there are those who will just find something else to complain about, but EQ the way it is headed right now is showing much promise. That is not to say it will be better / worse than EQ2 or you should play this or that, because let's face it, EQ is 5 years old and since I started playing it I grew 5 years older but I am fairly sure I will keep my EQ/PS account aside my EQ2 account when that releases for as long as the game runs and as long as I can afford it.

And back onto the original question, I think OoW is worth it even tho like stated before it's not fully polished, I know in a couple of months it will be and people will forget about the rough birth and complain about another random feature which was implemented there as for their request. ::35

------------------------------------
    Always run with scissors. The quicker you go, the quicker you'll get to your destination and the quicker you'll finish using the scissors, therefore significantly reducing your chances of injuring yourself

• sorax22sorax22 Member Posts: 19

I really want to try the new eq thing i am just not sure how to work it cause it still looks like it used 2 be.

image Yes i made the pic

• FinbarFinbar Member UncommonPosts: 187
    It is very highend content in EQ. It adds alot to the game for those of us who were getting sick of spinning our wheels in GoD and PoP. There are many new quests worth doing and some of the drops are great. I mean, it's not much use to you (beyond the graphics) if your new to the game. But if your in your 60's or 70's its pretty cool all in all.

FINBAR
    ---------------------------------------------
    Now Playing: EQ1 (Again)
    For beta info, or other contact info
    see the user info section.

FINBAR
    -------------------------------------------