Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ALIEN/ Predator/ Pulsle Rifle/ Marines MMORPG

PACEDPACED Member UncommonPosts: 7

How amazing would it be if someone with enough money and experience, created this daddy of an idea into an mmorpg? How many people do you know would play this game, could you count them on one hand? Over the years this great brand has had its highs and lows. If someone were to shoot it right back to the top by turning into an explorable universe, I know I would be happy. The Brother Strause deserve to be strung up for nearly destroying the brands. If you have ever read the novels, and feel as passionately about these two movie Icons...

Dont let it decay, someone out there can make this into the finest mmorpg there has ever been.  

Comments

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918

I've thought about this idea for a long time... I think that it would take an aweful lot to get this right...there are so many balancing issues and things to go through for something like this...Predators are naturally the strongest of the three species' in one on one combat, so why would anybody pick a marine or an alien if they are going to be fighting against one another?  That's one issue...another issue is how to handle the hunts?  If you're going to make an AvP game then it's only natural that predators go on hunts, so would they hunt actual players?  If a species' whole gimmick is centered around hunting down another race that happens to be significantly less powerful than the other, why would anybody want to be the hunted?

Which brings me to the marines...where would they fit into the whole picture?

I have a lot of ideas on how it could work, the balancing issue I mean...but I don't think that they could make the game and please enough players to make them want to paly all three species, it would be too lopsided in favor of predators if they did it realistically, and if they did it unrealistically, it would squeue what a predator is supposed to be in the first place.

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• PACEDPACED Member UncommonPosts: 7

Right well I've read your reply, and first I'd like to say thankyou, not only for showing honest interest but also making a start on the mountain that would be the balancing issues.

So here I go trying to answer. I think it would be important because the Predators are the most powerful, that players would be pushed to make the fights as hard as possible. By which I mean in a mark of honour type scorring system i.e. They may have an array  huge weapon support but gain higher points for using their staff weapon instead of the plasma caster. Unlike the Aliens lvling, which i get to later I think that the predators should only gain new abilities tied to armour and weapons bought with the honour points, which will keep them hunting. I think the Aliens, should be made like the masterminds in City Of Villains in so much a Pack instead of a single avatar, I've also had a thought of how when an alien character lvls, they have a new ability granted them and be able to gain a new power at each lvl up. The marines, definately the weakest of the three, their missions could be tied into the weyland organisation to trap, aliens or to accquire Pred technology, to safeguard interplanetary colonists. I think they should have the greatest active use of heavy weaponry unlike the predators who are promoted to not  use theirs, the marines should be given the warning of the most challenging race to master, for obvious reasons, maybe they could have the best medics. It is my idea that to make this game have more of an edge than others is to make it high adrenaline, through suspense, the aliens game on the PS1 acheived this with the motion sensor, and the feeling of the unknown. This game should probably be as gruesome as the films and definately horror based in the cutscenes. I believe that the predators should have free riegn of every map making them a constant threat to everyone. Heres a question thats in my mind how do we stop huge gangs of preds teaming up and slaughtering everyone? A proximity warning. Unless playing in a raid, make it so that any predator in a hunt has to be alone and if there are two predators in close proximity they gain no honour points. 

Ofcoarse these are only ideas.... I'd be happy if anyone made the game   

• ByromByrom Member Posts: 236

I like it, I would like to see chars be able to jump into an ongoing battle, as in Planetside, should they want to do massive pvp, or go solo/ small team, depending on their race, in a pvp/pve environment, say with your idea of the preds not being to close together, and then say have a homeworld/ or safe area for all the races, pve only area.

Another thought, make it so preds cant heal each other, only themselves, and have a limited amount of heals that they can equip, choosing from a good assortment , but not able to equip, but a few, if they want to change they gotta go back to a home world area and re equip, to their preference.

the Aliens, hmm, tuff resorcefull, no use of eqs at all, rather earned traits, or something.  Able to use their acid to breach bulk heads, walls etc. Oh and they should grow. change in apperence and size as they lvl.

In fact ive thought having chars evolve physically / visually, should be in all next gen games, as well as voice chat, housing etc.

have space exploration, colonization, mining, eq design and development, not  fully scripted crafting, but player designed and made.

and make the races, use different rescources for all their crafting, so when one race depletes a planet/ moon/ A belt etc, it is still a viable resource for the other two races, giving it  continued strategic value, for all races.

Maybe technologys, can advance as well, via updates, based on the evolving eqs being created.

• PACEDPACED Member UncommonPosts: 7

I'm happy to see Bryrom's post which if i could work out how to quote would have looked a lot better. It was the part about the development of the Aliens, I have had a thought on this myself. When you begin the game as an Alien char, you would most probably be a facehugger why not then, have to find your own host, maybe a selection part with the cacooned victims along the wall, and from there a cutscene to show the grim spectacle of the Aliens birth....

When they lvl at a milestone when their team size can grow why not enable them be able to carry a face hugger on their bodies (like AVP Extinction), and when their opponent is near death allow it to jump out and impregnate them as  their new Alien pet. Obviously the opponent would just die and be rezzed at another safe location, but I imagine it would be an exceptional way to taunt the other players.

As for the Aliens growing over time, I think this could work as long as it is only a slow growth like the Hunter's pets in WoW, and also keeping room for balance as was mentioned by Draenor earlier. 

For the same reason the Predator's, should in the interest of fairness be able to tear the spinal column, and skull from their kill / and or hang their skinned corpses from high up. I think also it's very important to show ranks within the Predators through the markings that could appear upon their names above their heads, these markings, and trinkets should be also visible upon the Avatars themselves.  

Here's another thought. As the Predators will be focussed prodominantly on hunting, they would probably have a set homeworld where they could travel to level up, and upgrade their devices and so forth. Aliens would have nests, great caverns dug into the ground, or abandoned waystations etc with their resin fortifications the bigger the hive (guild)  the bigger the nest (base). The Marines would definately have bases which they could fortify with the great heavy weapons they would utilise. 

• It would be a motherphucker to balance a game like that!

But a MMOG featuring huge corporations exploring the gallaxy...like EVE 'cept with life on several huge planets...running into the occasional big nasty monster, of course. I think that would be totally doable.

• Well, the multiplayer of AvP at its best was fairly balanced. Humans were not very tough, but if their ranged weapons also hit the hardest by far; if they looked at you they could vaporize you. Hence the goal when fighting humans was to sneak and not let them see you. It would be an interesting balancing act, but if they made such a game there's at least one person on this forum who would play a human :)