Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game communication?

EffectEffect Member UncommonPosts: 949

Can anyone that is playing provide a break down of the ingame communication?

Last time I played it was horrible and all kinds of screwed up. There didn't seem to be any type of channels one could talk in with other players. I spent more time ignoring gold/credit spammers outside of ports. I don't actually need players nearby when I play a game but I would at least like to see a city wide, planet wide, or server wide (faction based) channel so I know there are others playing.

Is there any decent communication in the game now?

Comments

• EffectEffect Member UncommonPosts: 949

Anyone?

• SioBabbleSioBabble Member Posts: 2,803

On my last trial in May they had the warden program in place to rid spatial chat of spammers, but there were still gold/leveling operations sending /tells at my accounts once and awhile.

They had fixed it so you could communicate in spatial and guild chat without being cut off after a fixed number of characters in a time frame, which was put in place to deal with gold/leveling spammers in an automated rather than proactive fashion.

It frankly AMAZES me that the gold/leveling spammers see any market in this game now.

There are no dedicated default chat channels ala WoW for zones/planets.  Players have created these channels, but you have to go into the chat interface to join them, and this is just too much WORK for a lot of players...which is the genius of WoW, they give you these channels by default and they're used.   Too many players just can't make the effort to join a chat channel that isn't a default channel.

CH, Jedi, Commando, Smuggler, BH, Scout, Doctor, Chef, BE...yeah, lots of SWG time invested.

Once a denizen of Ahazi

• GutboyGutboy Member Posts: 630

And if you have a mic you can always use the new free ingame voice chat, it beats typing.

• fordzillafordzilla Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 100
    Originally posted by Effect

Can anyone that is playing provide a break down of the ingame communication?
    Last time I played it was horrible and all kinds of screwed up. There didn't seem to be any type of channels one could talk in with other players. I spent more time ignoring gold/credit spammers outside of ports. I don't actually need players nearby when I play a game but I would at least like to see a city wide, planet wide, or server wide (faction based) channel so I know there are others playing.
    Is there any decent communication in the game now?

no because you already blocked all the players...

• GutboyGutboy Member Posts: 630

ANd every server has channel wide chats, for imperials, rebels and every profession to name a few. But the new ingame voice chat channels are most popular now and very easy to get into.