Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone still playing?

Hi, I played DaoC back when it first came out and I've been on and off over the years...are there a lot of people still playing? or is it just the elite players still hangin' around?

I wouldn't mind jumpin' back on for a good ol' fantasy adventure with real knights and such.

Back in the day Hibernia was the BEST place EVER, I used to love playing with mah pals on Hibernia, so many good times.....

lol

Comments

• daeandordaeandor Member UncommonPosts: 2,695

To be honest, a lot of the diehards are still around.  I still have fun, but the rvr really isn't any different than it used to be.  Classic runs elitist 8 mans, ToA runs caster and stealth zergs.  (generalizations of course)

• All quiet at the moment :)

Not the huge zerg on zerg action of old, though we do get that ocassionally, but I think a lot of people are just waiting on Origins now.

/salute

• JensonJenson Member Posts: 5

Origins? is that another new expansion?

I bought that DaoC Epic Edition with everything up to darkness rising. I quit before the Minotaur one came out and haven't bothered with the game since...I think I might resub and quest around a bit. Im sure I'll have some fun even I'll  be goin it solo most of the time.

lol

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

Origins is the "old school" server where they are taking it back to around Shrouded Isles times with old frontiers, while keeping the newest graphic upgrade.

It's supposed to bring back the people who quit when ToA dropped and I for one will give it a shot.  Just wander on down to the Camelot Herald and read up on it, or just read some other posts below this one and I'm sure you'll find all you need/want to know.

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• JensonJenson Member Posts: 5

damn that sounds awesome, when Shrouded Isles came out I played A LOT.....I'm gonna read more about it, thanks

lol

• NaitakalNaitakal Member UncommonPosts: 74

Well, I actually just resubbed DAoC and canceled my AoC sub for now.

• DrowNobleDrowNoble Member UncommonPosts: 1,297

So this new Origin server is going to be only content up to Shrouded Isles but still using the current graphics?  I played from release up til ToA, at that point I lost interest.  Returned for a month when Catacombs came out but wasn't impressed enough to continue subscribing.

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

Mythic put the Origins server on hold.  I believe they're waiting for WAR to drop and then release it afterwards.

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• DrowNobleDrowNoble Member UncommonPosts: 1,297

More I read about WAR the more it seems to me to be like DAoC2.  Seems like they are just redoing the RvR again in that game. 

I'll wait til its out to read reviews and such about it.

• EranuEranu Member Posts: 191

<Mod edit>

as for mythic daoc, quite frankly i think its dying on its arse now. Im on my last day of subs on classic and its just a bit dull now on the pvp side. The battlegorunds are getting more and more quiet and end game its the die hards that are still playing so to compete u have to be a very high rank to even have a look in. You also need to have some very good gear and actually getting groups for it is extremely dificult.

I thini  if u never played it  before u have missedd the best days

Maybe origins will change it however i think it will kill the other servers stone dead to be honest either that or WAR.

Greatness is difficult to appreciate from close up. The great mountain on the horizon is only the ground when you are standing on it.

• ZarkorZarkor Member Posts: 9

Yea the good old times sure died, I'm hoping WAR can compete with the feeling I got from DAoC, altho I'll be so hard.

There's a thread where we're hooking up with old buddies from the former daoc server so I hope it'll be as much fun as back then.