Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Great mmorpg *not* on game list

RazimusRazimus Member UncommonPosts: 128
It's called 'Risk Your Life 2', and the original for that matter 'Risk Your Life'. Horrible name, probably the worst name for a fantasy mmorpg I've ever heard, yet the best one I've played in a long time.

The official website is at: http://www.ryl2.com.my

I highly recommend this game, it is better than WoW, too cartoony hyped and crowded, better than guildwars, unlike guildwars it's not a corpg but an actual massive mapped mmorpg, gameplay, control, guild system, 3d graphics, system requirements, everything about this game is amazing in my opinion considering the fact that it is 100% free download and play for life.

Why is it not on the game list? My real recommendation is to hire or recruit people that actually update the game list on a regular basis or adjust the list to be automated somewhat so people can add and the site admins can accept or reject submissions, because I have personally found hundreds of mmorpgs not listed, 75% are crap, but at least 25% are worthy of being on the list. 

--- Razimus

Comments

• brownspankbrownspank Member Posts: 247

Isn't this the same game you're talking about?: RYL: Unforgiven Wars (which actually says "RYL: Path Of The Emperor" in the overview). Also, if memory serves me right, this is one of the MMORPGs where you can switch between 1st-person view WASD control and 3rd-person mouse control. Am I right?

• HairysunHairysun Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    Hmmmm......graphics look ok on the movie.  How long have you been playing it?  With the "most have never heard of it" status, what is the in game population like?
  • Ake_GamerAke_Gamer Member Posts: 112

Do us a favor and post a description of the game in terms of PvP and end game. We can all go to the website and read about it's features, but no where does it explain what it's like to play the game.

There are two races, so is it a faction pvp game? Can you only kill the opposing faction? Penalties for random pking, rules, etc?

Is it a solo or group based levelling game. Seeing the existence of pure healer classes tends to suggest group based, but I've learned not to assume anything anymore.

Tell us more about the territory battle process. Is there a good post/link somewhere so I can learn more about it? The game website is terrible in terms of explaining how the game is different than all the others. Frankly, I don't care about the combat animations when I first look at the game. I want to know how PvP is implemented and what there is to do as you near the level cap. If I like the answers to those questions then I start to learn more about the raw mechanics.

Dec 20,1999: AC1(DT).Since then:DAoC,SB,AC2,L2,EvE,WoW,SoR
    ====================
    Currently playing: ArchLord - L58 Knight
    LoTRo - L13 Dwarf Guardian

• RazimusRazimus Member UncommonPosts: 128

This is an old post but I just wanted to give details about RYL, I thought that game was cool because I only played it for 1 week, it's cool for a week but on week 2 I found out that the myths of player-built structures was abandoned and swept under the carpet yet people still collect housing tools not asking why, the pvp is pretty much non existant except for the in-town pvp where you have to agree to the fight, the world seems large but once you've been everywhere it seems far too small. All in all it's fun for 1 week period, the graphics are what tricked me, they are fully 3d, yet the requirements needed to play this game are so incredibly low that I could play the game fine on my laptop that has no 3d card whatsoever, I don't know how these asians can make fully 3d games play so smoothly on a laptop with a super crappy non-3d accelerator card, which leads me to believe that the games shoved down the USA market are purposely built with impossibly slow 3d engines so users are forced to buy new computers or cards to simply play them, an example I can't even play tron 2.0 a 1999 game, I'm buying a new computer soon but until then I'm forced to play 2d games, excepting the few 3d games that will run on my system.

--- Razimus

• EvasiaEvasia Member Posts: 2,827
    Originally posted by Razimus

This is an old post but I just wanted to give details about RYL, I thought that game was cool because I only played it for 1 week, it's cool for a week but on week 2 I found out that the myths of player-built structures was abandoned and swept under the carpet yet people still collect housing tools not asking why, the pvp is pretty much non existant except for the in-town pvp where you have to agree to the fight, the world seems large but once you've been everywhere it seems far too small. All in all it's fun for 1 week period, the graphics are what tricked me, they are fully 3d, yet the requirements needed to play this game are so incredibly low that I could play the game fine on my laptop that has no 3d card whatsoever, I don't know how these asians can make fully 3d games play so smoothly on a laptop with a super crappy non-3d accelerator card, which leads me to believe that the games shoved down the USA market are purposely built with impossibly slow 3d engines so users are forced to buy new computers or cards to simply play them, an example I can't even play tron 2.0 a 1999 game, I'm buying a new computer soon but until then I'm forced to play 2d games, excepting the few 3d games that will run on my system.

Next time investigate a little longer before posting and demand something:P

Games played:AC1-Darktide'99-2000-AC2-Darktide/dawnsong2003-2005,Lineage2-2005-2006 and now Darkfall-2009.....
    In between WoW few months AoC few months and some f2p also all very short few weeks.

• NeverknowNeverknow Member Posts: 224
    Originally posted by Evasia

Originally posted by Razimus

Next time investigate a little longer before posting and demand something:P

I'm wondering if he ever figured out how to use the game list at the top, since Ryl was here back than. Just another who demands things without using the tools already provided to see what he wanted was already here.

@OP: If your computer sucks so much it can't even play Tron 2.0, that's your problem, not ours. You expect games to stay at the same level of graphics for 10 years. Just for the record, Ryl's graphics and engine have always been sub-par, as is the game itself in ALL its incarnations. that's why it's able to run on your POS.