Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In a month or two open beta "The World R:2"

In one month or two the most famous based on mmos, is turning into an mmo. From the .hack "The World" Cyber Connects Ltd."Heartful and Useful for all" A fangame making development team are bringing R:2 to all fans of .hack.  For information on the world R:2 go to www.cyberconnects.com

Comments

• theanimedudetheanimedude Member UncommonPosts: 1,610

I'm a huge .hack fan, and I would love a really neat .hack game to exist...

the only problem is that everything i've seen from that team, while very neat, is extremely childish.

I would love to see it done right, but I just dont think they are mature enough to handle a huge project like that.

Their last game seems to be made in one of those "make your own game" engines. While I respect people making games... if that's the extent of your work, that's about as much respect as you deserve.

I hope things work out for them, but i'll wait for a PS3 .hack game, that will hopefully actually have online functionality ;)

EDIT: and their next game is being made in RealmCrafter. Not much more skill or dedication involved there. Sorry guys. Example Link

• TearReaverTearReaver Member Posts: 33

The main thing they are using with the realm crafter is merely the server and the programming. they don't even map out the places in realm crafter. nor do they use the character models for the users. and if a ps3 .hack onbline compadibilities, it would fail like frament did. If you browsed the forums you would see all there effort to this. You would see the hullegranz cathedral fully texturized and awesome looking. you would be in awe after playing this game.

• RubycatRubycat Member Posts: 223

Besides not being exactly over joyed with their websites look, Id happily love to see a .hack game online that does'nt die like fragment did

-hell id be overjoyed if the game came to the states- (you know im not talking about this little project, i mean a real .hack online game)

however they would seriously need to build the game up to be an mmo,, not some makeshift engine crap from the GU games like how fragment was from the first 4.. as much as I love the .hack games (still havent gotten gu vol3 (=/) they would not make good MMO gaming, I really want to see a .hack online game, just not with the mechanics from the single player games

===what Im really saying is. Id love to see the real company put forth to bring out a good .hack online game=

=not a little makeshift fan project=

• JMichaelJMichael Member Posts: 22

I almost wet myself when i saw the word "The World" in this section of the forums..

Now I just want to hurt you for passing off a bad game as a real .Hack MMO :)

• VanillateaVanillatea Member Posts: 80

Umm... you should change the title to include "fangame" somewhere.  Because this was pretty misleading, especially when they're calling themselves "Cyber Connects."  For a minute I thought this was a real.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by JMichael

I almost wet myself when i saw the word "The World" in this section of the forums..
    Now I just want to hurt you for passing off a bad game as a real .Hack MMO :)

Don't feel bad. I was hoping they were talking about the Funcom mmorpg.

• KitsunamiKitsunami Member UncommonPosts: 101

Theres a .hack roleplay sim coming to second life.

I was on the development team for a month or two...trust me itsis impressiive. There was before i left, a huge amount of building with very detailed buildings and portals etc...ALOT of the stuff from teh games looked realistic, tehre was many many items and weaponry and armor and such..it was awesome :)

• AmaraoAmarao Member UncommonPosts: 650
    Originally posted by Kitsunami

I was on the development team for a month or two...trust me itsis impressiive. There was before i left, a huge amount of building with very detailed buildings and portals etc...ALOT of the stuff from teh games looked realistic, tehre was many many items and weaponry and armor and such..it was awesome :)

Can we .hack fans get a little more info on this?

• HexxeityHexxeity Member Posts: 848

OP:  Lame.

SUPER lame.

• KitsunamiKitsunami Member UncommonPosts: 101

well what i saw basically they have made a LOT of teh weapory and new weaponry. The classes have been planned out, the outfits were being developed and made, as well as armor etc.

There were dungeons being created, with monsters and drops that would give you armor etc just like in teh games. They had massive portals made, and a .hack GUI and other such things.

• AmaraoAmarao Member UncommonPosts: 650
    Originally posted by Kitsunami

well what i saw basically they have made a LOT of teh weapory and new weaponry. The classes have been planned out, the outfits were being developed and made, as well as armor etc.
    There were dungeons being created, with monsters and drops that would give you armor etc just like in teh games. They had massive portals made, and a .hack GUI and other such things.

Forgive me, but I find it hard to trust your word when your purposely misspell "the"

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

I never played the .Hack games but I've watched and enjoy the anime. I always want to play the games but everytime I'm close to getting one, another baby .hack game pops out of Bandai's stomach.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• tecsigatecsiga Member Posts: 7

lol .hack games are pretty fun

• TransylvanikTransylvanik Member Posts: 5

Interesting and useful point of view, thats why I'm not in a hurry to jump in the arena with my project online. I still have doubts and I don't want to compromise a real nice project I work  here. I subscribed  here recently and  your opinions here are straight to the subject , very useful for me as a designer. Its true, most of them are childish , I try to design my game to be accurate and to have a sense and a solid scenario. Luckily  the background of  TRANSYLVANIKON is strong related to historical facts, battles , locations and interesting myths , so the world developed inside and the interactions will be mor complex .I want to exceed the regular schema and the player should be able to build not just fight and run from a place to another. Its hard to combine RTS elements with MMORPG but I'll try to avoid anyway the childish design . Cheers Gabe

AGP

• zanfirezanfire Member UncommonPosts: 969

so hows this game comming, last i saw they were temp shutting down...

they need to make a new .hack//fragment like game for US and have it be deeper and alot more customizing....man to think they could do it soo easly and they wont.

• AirspellAirspell Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,391

.hack was based on a generic asian mmo, what do you people expect ?

• aranhaaranha Member UncommonPosts: 171

This "Game" has been posted here before and its a realmcrafter game probably made by some kids and it does not deserve to bare the name "The World".

Im sorrry guys but it looks like crap and you will fail!