Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rune Priests!?

How are they? I've only gotten to take a stab at one once while at Comic-Con, and it's what I'm hoping to play!

At Comic-Con I noticed that, if I was careful, I could turn (or maybe just tip) the tide of the entire scenario by supporting my team well, and the lack of stun-lock or silence on me seemed to make this job very executable and enjoyable.

So... people that have played them more... how are they?

Playing: Single-player games
Awaiting: Stargate, Star Trek, assuming the burnout has passed
Retired: WoW, BC, LotRO, DDO, CoH/V, EVE, WotLK, WAR

Comments

• DevalonDevalon Member UncommonPosts: 496

for the preview week on my realm. It was a very very underplayed class.

--
    "Any free people have the right to choose how it wants to be govern thats the essence of democracy. It's sad when America has chosen for the stability and consistency of a dictatorship and doing it democratically" -utnow

• SajTSajT Member Posts: 24

They are pretty much the only straight forward healing class in the game and as such are a huge asset to the forces of order. Their damage shields and buffs don't seem to have that much of an impact at the earlier levels of play but I can imagine that they will swing the tide of battles at higher tier PvP.

Some may find them a bit booring though...

• AdrianusAdrianus Member Posts: 13

I'm duoing with a friend. He plays RP and I play an IB and we are just kicking destro butt and taking names! We've tried out multiple classes and he says RP is his fav of the healer classes with Shaman being a close second.

CoX - Champion (Hero) - Guardian (Villain)
    FFXI - Diabolos
    WoW - Trollbane (Horde) - Misha (Ally)

• Size-TwelveSize-Twelve Member UncommonPosts: 478

Originally posted by Hoobla.Dan
    How are they? I've only gotten to take a stab at one once while at Comic-Con, and it's what I'm hoping to play!
    At Comic-Con I noticed that, if I was careful, I could turn (or maybe just tip) the tide of the entire scenario by supporting my team well, and the lack of stun-lock or silence on me seemed to make this job very executable and enjoyable.
    So... people that have played them more... how are they?

It's my favorite class. They have good survivability, and great healing. Their damage is also very good early on, but from what I've read it dies off in the 20-30 range until you can pick up some damage mastery abilities.

I've heard though that once 40, they are again good damage, and excellent healing. One of my closed- beta guildies said they were probably one of the most well developed classes in the whole game, and from what I've seen so far, I have no reason to doubt him.