Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Really need some help, DEP probleme and comp crashes!

dragon1613dragon1613 Member Posts: 125

Hello, well the installation went well. I go to play and I tried to create a Bagi Knight and I get a big probleme. It says my videocard has been disabiled because it wasnt working proplerly, blah blah. Then it says my DEP had to be shut down.I really wana play so please help.

Heres my dxdiag:

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.

System Model: Inspiron 6000                  

BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A07

Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1.60GHz

Memory: 504MB RAM

Page File: 570MB used, 1358MB available

Windows Dir: C:WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

Maybe its my computer?

I also scanned for viruses, spyware, etc... so its not that. Please help.

Dragon1613 says:asdfasdfafsdfw111111123123123213

-server-Dragon1613 has died

Comments

• JackcoltJackcolt Member UncommonPosts: 2,170

DEP is a feature in windows which protects vital memory by shutting down programs trying to access it. My first thought would be to make sure that you have the newest driver for your graphics card.

If that doesn't work, you could try to upload the crash dump, then I'll analyze it for you. It should be located at  "drive with windows"documents and settingsall usersapplication datamicrosoftDr watson

• dragon1613dragon1613 Member Posts: 125

I'm pretty sure my drivers are up to date. In case they aren't do you have any sites I could check out to make sure they are?

Also, I can't find what you are telling me to look for after the "All users" since I don't have anything in that folder then Desktop, Favorites, Start Menu and Shared documents

• dragon1613dragon1613 Member Posts: 125

I also tried to use the option to bypass certain programms with the DEP, such as the launcher and all the other .exe files and its still no good. I searched every corner of the internet for an answer that works but it leaves me with no solution.  I was really looking forward to playing :(

Well... depends on your video card. If you post which card you have, I'll find a site with the newest drivers for you.

Okay, then go to start -> run -> write drwtsn32

Then check the path to the crash dump in the field called crash dump.

Then upload the crashdump to wherever you'd like(I can recommend www.rapidshare.com)

• Noregretz76Noregretz76 Member Posts: 21

dude im having the same sort of problems...except my comp crashes like 15min into game....screen goes black and says no signal.

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp.080413-2111)

System Manufacturer: MSI

System Model: MS-7369

BIOS: Default System BIOS

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+,  MMX,  3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.1GHz

Memory: 2048MB RAM

Page File: 625MB used, 3315MB available

DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

and my comp rules...with all updates...im 95% sure. no one can figure it out, might be same as yours...might be totally diff but believe me....your not the only one, someday..someone will figure it out and help us all through it!

The fix to your problems may be the same, but your problems are very different. A computer freeze is much more difficult to diagnose than a software crash.

For a computer to freeze like that, the software that causes it must be operating at a low level. Thus the problem lie in a driver or programs operating at a low level such anti-virus software and firewalls.

You said that you made sure nothing was running the background. Does that mean antivirus and firewall has been disabled? (If not, try that)

In cases like this, you must be 100% sure that ALL of your drivers are up to date - Not just your graphics drivers. I'd suspect problems like this is more often caused by old network or audio drivers than graphics drivers.

Have you ever tried that the freeze ended in a BSoD(try waiting 10 seconds before restarting)? If that is the case, we can do some crash dump analysis, which instantly would reveal if it's a driver issue.

Also, could you post your full specifications?(Mainboard, CPU, GFX card, Ram, OS)

Oh, and another, does 2moons utilize any 3rd party hacking protection program, such as hackShield... maybe that program is conflicting with another program.

hey man can you check your Inbox, i sent another message if thats all good

Yeah that fine. I would prefer to keep all information on the thread, so if anybody comes across this thread and they have the same problem, they can quickly find the fix if we find one.

You wrote:

-----------------------------------------------------

ok man thanks, umm sorry not a computer wiz...and your help is VERY appreciated! just some questions if you have the time...

OK, to start...ive tried to play with all anti-spyware and stuff (includeing firewall) off. also tried turning down all internet securities in browsers. Umm...dont know how to do the Crash Dump, sorry// also the game DOES have hackshield...called X-GAURD.

heres the whole DxDiag, hope it helps.

Time of this report: 8/19/2008, 21:31:36

Machine name: JASON-6AFBA0A20

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp.080413-2111)

System Manufacturer: MSI

System Model: MS-7369

BIOS: Default System BIOS

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.1GHz

Memory: 2048MB RAM

Page File: 462MB used, 3477MB available

DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

------------

DxDiag Notes

------------

DirectX Files Tab: The file d3d9d.dll is a debug version, which will run slower than the retail version.

Display Tab 1: No problems found.

Sound Tab 1: No problems found.

Music Tab: No problems found.

Input Tab: No problems found.

Network Tab: No problems found.

--------------------

DirectX Debug Levels

--------------------

Direct3D: 0/4 (n/a)

DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)

DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)

DirectMusic: 0/5 (n/a)

DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)

DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)

DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce 9600 GT

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Key: EnumPCIVEN_10DE&DEV_0622&SUBSYS_23621682&REV_A1

Display Memory: 512.0 MB

Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor

Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200

Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll

Driver Version: 6.14.0011.7474 (English)

DDI Version: 9 (or higher)

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 3/25/2008 02:52:00, 5974528 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

WHQL Date Stamp: n/a

VDD: n/a

Mini VDD: nv4_mini.sys

Mini VDD Date: 3/25/2008 02:52:00, 6547872 bytes

Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4562-11CF-0068-690300C2CB35}

Vendor ID: 0x10DE

Device ID: 0x0622

SubSys ID: 0x23621682

Revision ID: 0x00A1

Revision ID: 0x00A1

Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_C ModeMPEG2_D ModeWMV9_B ModeWMV9_A

Deinterlace Caps: {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch

{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch

{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch

{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch

Registry: OK

DDraw Status: Enabled

D3D Status: Enabled

AGP Status: Enabled

DDraw Test Result: Not run

D3D7 Test Result: Not run

D3D8 Test Result: Not run

D3D9 Test Result: Not run

-------------

Sound Devices

-------------

Description: Realtek HD Audio output

Default Sound Playback: Yes

Default Voice Playback: Yes

Hardware ID: HDAUDIOFUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0888&SUBSYS_14627369&REV_1000

Manufacturer ID: 1

Product ID: 100

Type: WDM

Driver Name: RtkHDAud.sys

Driver Version: 5.10.0000.5413 (English)

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

Date and Size: 5/10/2007 05:28:08, 4419584 bytes

Other Files:

Driver Provider: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.

HW Accel Level: Full

Cap Flags: 0xF5F

Min/Max Sample Rate: 8000, 192000

Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 33, 32

Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 33, 32

HW Memory: 0

Voice Management: No

EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: Yes, Yes

I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: Yes, Yes

Sensaura(tm) ZoomFX(tm): No

Registry: OK

Sound Test Result: Not run

---------------------

Sound Capture Devices

---------------------

Description: AK5370

thanks again for all the support.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay you definately need to try to update your drivers. Your audio driver is more than a year old, and your graphics card driver is around 5n motnhs old.

Sound Card driver : http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

If this one gives you problems, boot to safe mode (press F8 before xp boots) and uninstall(it shouldn't... also and if it does, go to the product page for your mainboard on MSI website and download the driver from there)

Graphics Card Driver : http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_175.19_whql.html

Also, since I've never used Nvidia, I don't know whether you need to uninstall the previous driver first and the install this one, or you can just install it and it will handle removing the other driver itself. To be on the safe site, I suggest you remove all graphics drivers before installing.

When you've updated them, come back and post the results.

Btw, about the crash dump. Just for fun, see if there are files in a folder located in %Systemroot&/minidump (example: c:windowsminidump). if there are, does the created date and time match the freeze date and time?

well, i dont use sound in the game? do i still need to install...i mean...could it be an issue anyways?

(dl'd NVIDEA CARD) no time to play now but will try tonight to see what happens

Also, is there some sort of link (in computer) that i can just use to Download ALL UPDATES? for all drivers and such...or is this not available?

There is no place in your computer where you can have it update itself automatically, unless you have some special Dell or Lenovo software (I know they have some tools for it)

You say sound is disabled? Or is the volume just put down to 0%? The whole different lies in whether it makes calls down to the driver, and yes, it can very well be an issue. I've seen numerous BSoDs(blue screen of death) caused by old sound drivers. I've even experienced it - BSoD in Rainbow Six Vegas 2, and stuttering in Assassins Creed.

There are basically three things to conclude from this :

1) Either your hardware is incompatible with the game - Only a hardware change can fix the issue

2) Your drivers aren't compatible - Driver updates may fix it.

3) OS is messed / Your Computer is bloated with interfering software such as spyware - Reinstall or thorough cleaning of the computer.

The most likely option is the 2nd one. You don't have rare hardware, and this doesn't seem to be a widespread issue, thus ruling out the 1st. 3rd is very unlikely, because spyware in itself can't make your computer freeze. If it interferes with low level operating programs, such as hackShield, then it can, but again, it's very unlikely that that is happening. Besides it sounds like you have already checked for this.

Look it dude, I understand that a lot of people aren't too happy about updating their drivers. But for a lot of game related problems it is the only fix there is. Don't push it back, or think that is it unlikely that it is the issue, because in cases like this, it is almost always an issue with the drivers - Unless it's a widespread problems that the developers should patch.

You would want to look at updating Graphics Card, Sound and Network drivers. You can probably find some guides on the net on how to do this, or you might know someone who can help you do that.

2 Things to do if you don't want/can't update the drivers now :

1) Do what I wrote in the previous post, and see if windows has created a crash dump. It should just be a file in the "windowsminidump" folder

2) Check for any useful information in the event viewer (Control Panel -> administrative tools -> Event Viewer). Check under system and applications for any entries that happens around the freeze, which is labelled as information - It could be a warning or an error.

well man, i downloaded the video driver....and when i went to play the game...i was actually able to play till i had to go...a first ever, but this was only about 40min and i have played near that time b4, without crash...but again..i think its fixed...when i say, No sound i mean...i disabled the sound through the game...so i figure it wouldn't send any to my comp.

I BELIEVE IT FIXED!....but will try again for a longer amount of time...   anyways,THANKS FOR ALL THE TIME AND HELP! is there a way to give you rep? write a good review? anything?  cause i definately owe you man!

well, that sucks...video card update didnt help...crashed really quick this time

Arh that sucks. Know exactly what it's like. You certain that problem is fixed and then it rears it's ugly head later on.

Though it's very unlikely it's the cause, do you have any spyware/adware on your computer? Make sure that it's clean of virus/trojans/spyware/adware. If hackShield triggers on something, and can't quite handle it, it may provoke such behavoir (seen an Anti virus program reboot a computer when someone tried to start a certain game on it)

I guess sound shouldn't be the problem - but it can't hurt to try to update it. It's basically just downloading the newer version from the net and let it do the update it self.

Lastly it leaves us with the LAN driver. It's definately worth looking into, as you have constant net traffic. But try that after the sound driver.

A couple of things for you to do except updating drivers :

Figure out exactly what motherboard you have. If you don't know, download Pc Wizard (http://www.cpuid.com/pcwizard.php - download is in the upper left corner). That way I can find sound/Lan drivers specifically supported by that motherboard. That way we ensure you get no trouble.

Do the things written in my previous post(event viewer / check for crash dump files)

Use Hijackthis and post it's log here. Using that I can with a 100% guarantee tell you if got some software running you would want to disabled or remove. Follow the guide here on how to use it (http://www.whatthetech.com/hijackthis/ - Use the guide here. Download is at the buttom)

Lastly, you would definately want to look into the LAN driver. Network code still hooks into the kernel. Wrong error handling or simply buggy code along with old drivers can easily cause shutdowns, reboots and freezes.

hey, i think the sound card dl did it..... my longest time playing so fay. previous time was about 40min....this time about 2.5 hours and then i logged off. so im pretty sure thats what was it....so again

ANYTHING i can do for all your help? write review anything? CAUSE YOUR AWESOME!

Ahh awesome! Glad that you could get your problem fixed :D

Thanks for the kind words :D Don't mention it , I'm just happy to share a bit of knowledge. If you have another problem like this, don't hesitate to pm me.