Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Re-subbed and checking things out

BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

I just re-activated and I've been slowly getting used to how things in the game work but I'm a bit confused about missions. I tried doing a few last night and got pretty far with one agent. I was at some acceleration gates killing stuff then 2 State Shukuro Shurikens show up and start wailing my Mauler down like crazy. So I warp out and try to look up some stuff on shields and bought a few things to try. But by the time I repaired and bought some stuff I was broke and I can't seem to get through these things shields quick enough to take them out before they take me out.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

Comments

• DonTrumpDonTrump Member Posts: 104

Welcome back.

You want to use armor tank modules (hardners and armor repair) on a Maller. It's shields almost mean nothing. Also a noob tip instead of paying the station to fix your ship damage, just fit a hull/armor repair module and fix it yourself for free ;)

• DrakolusDrakolus Member UncommonPosts: 134

Also a Maller is a Turret based Cruiser.  If those rats you mentioned are small fast frigates your medium guns are going to have a hard time hitting them.

If they are orbitting you within 10km try fitting a Webbifier to a mid slot.  That should slow them down quite a bit to allow your guns to track them.  Also maybe a tracking mod (tracking computer) would help.  Or if none of that works, try fitting small guns to your Maller to hit the frigs better.

And yeah, just about every Amarr ship out there is an Armor tanker.  Don't bother with shields, they're just there to let you know when to turn on your armor repper.  (that pretty  much only works for Amarr ships though, some of the other races ships tank shields so you have to fight and fly them differently.)

Finally, the EVE-O Forums have quite a bit of knowledge on how to fit, fly and fight.  Check the information portal or the Missions sub-forum.