Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Funcom Appreciation Thread!

FalfeirFalfeir Member UncommonPosts: 492

Seems like the remaining old-timers at deathwhisper gave up also.

http://www.aocsource.com/showthread.php?t=1484

For me, a casual player, game is still going. have lots i havent done and my guild is thriving. but one has to admit the link below is hilarious

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?p=1889306#post1889306

I need more vespene gas.

Comments

• BesttheiswowBesttheiswow Member Posts: 301

lol..i love this kind of stuff..they just say reall  facts about a crappy game using imba humor...

• atIasatIas Member Posts: 27

What struck me about this was when this guy posted a screenie telling him that his characters will only be held in the database for 3 months. I mean thats a bit stupid deleteing players characters because they no longer want to play the game?

• FalfeirFalfeir Member UncommonPosts: 492

it works like this.

dont go, we'll delete your character if you do

come back we havent deleted your character.

I need more vespene gas.

• ImjinImjin Member Posts: 366

Exactly. That screams of desperation and .....hold onto your hat......terrible underhanded marketing/PR/customer service. Its a veil of the very thinnest material over a strongarm tactic.

Fungerer som det skal

• Ed2099Ed2099 Member Posts: 195

I would like to take a moment to thank all the management and employees at Funcom. Without their hard work, dedication and effort along with the wonderful guidance of Gaute I would have never gotten to play the worst ALPHA MMO in history released as a retail product.

I have high hopes this disaster wakes up the other MMO comapnies out there so that it will never happen again.

• talismen351talismen351 Member Posts: 1,124
    Originally posted by atIas

What struck me about this was when this guy posted a screenie telling him that his characters will only be held in the database for 3 months. I mean thats a bit stupid deleteing players characters because they no longer want to play the game?

Maybe they figure you will then resub every 3 months to save your char n check out things. Might be a bit more income then they can count it as active subs. Really no reason to delete chars after  months, many games keep your chars for years after you cancell sub.

• atIasatIas Member Posts: 27
    Originally posted by talismen351

Maybe they figure you will then resub every 3 months to save your char n check out things. Might be a bit more income then they can count it as active subs. Really no reason to delete chars after  months, many games keep your chars for years after you cancell sub.

That is most likely the reason they have chosen to delete you characters after that time.  They figure that that by making players resub within that space of time, they can make money. They must be really deep in the S**t hole for coming up with this scheme. I call it black mail.

Ive have never seen another game that will delete you characters within a specified time limit.

Failcom should be ashamed of themselves.

• KabbaxKabbax Member Posts: 278

Thats nasty. Never seen that before, but i haven't played every MMO.

Man, even MuD's hosted on peoples home systems have a longer purge date then 3 months!!!

i'm sure a characters info is probably like a 1mb text file. But who knows, it is a an Funcom Engine.

Big turn off for me....

Edit: Recently went back to EQ1 after 3 years during their promotion. My characters were still there, on both servers i played on, even all the alts, and bags, and banked items, Everything.

3 years!

"The public is wonderfully tolerant. It forgives everything except genius."
    -Oscar Wilde

• UnfinishedUnfinished Member Posts: 881

Failcom should be ashamed of themselves.

At this point I think it is a known fact  that FunCom lacks the ability to feel shame.