Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OMG! Starwars online! How is it?

I'm new to PC and MMO's and can't believe this game exists!

Are there jedi Knights? I 'll bet they are extremely rare. What are the good chars to play? Is the space battle cool?

I'm joining should I worry?

Comments

• MidnitteMidnitte Member Posts: 510

Originally posted by geetornsage

Are there jedi Knights? I 'll bet they are extremely rare. What are the good chars to play? Is the space battle cool?

I believe theres a trial. Jedi aren't rare since they made it available as a class at the start since PreCU, not sure how they changed space battles since I played but it was decent, most fun I had was making my home. :)

• ThunderousThunderous Member Posts: 1,152

Lmao.  Yep, you can be a Jedi Knight.  It's about the only thing you will see in the game.  There are probably 50 active players per server and likely 25 of them are Jedi Knights.

Even for the Station Pass errrrr SOE MMO Graveyard this game is a disgrace.

Tecmo Bowl.

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703

jedi knights are everywhere, the most prominent profession and the least useful:(

the space is quite cool but without any point:(

and yes u should worry SOE only use this game to milk/con money out of star wars fans

a lot of people consider it one of the worst mmo's currently available if it didn't have the star wars element it would be dead and buried long ago

if u decide to pay for it get the complete online set from ebay or somewhere and ONLY pay monthly, u don't want to get p""""d off at SOE half way through a 6month payment

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831

Hey- let the guy decide for himself.  I suggest star sider or bria. Star sider is east coast and bria is west coast- for time zones. Other than that find a good guild and decide for yourself.

• DracusDracus Member Posts: 1,449

Indeed.  Download the free trial and give it a try.

If you like it, then great, please enjoy.  If not, then great.

Just though a word of caution, if you do enjoy the game, and there is nothing wrong with that, just never go about telling the burnt veterans that things are great and they should come back.  The veterans will respect you as so long as you respect them.

And that is why...

Conservatives' pessimism is conducive to their happiness in three ways. First, they are rarely surprised -- they are right more often than not about the course of events. Second, when they are wrong they are happy to be so. Third, because pessimistic conservatives put not their faith in princes -- government -- they accept that happiness is a function of fending for oneself. They believe that happiness is an activity -- it is inseparable from the pursuit of happiness.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

No disrespect intended but I really don't think this guy is serious.

The Governator

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129

mm interesting this thread is....

Next year, the Kights of the Old Repulic will be , start you path there

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703

first off he's already said he's going to try the game so 'm guessing saying 'try it for yourself' not much help

and besides the free trial is just really the tat part of legacy which doesn't represents very little of the rest of the game

as for good char to play to get the most out of the game thats only really 2 choices of either BOUNTY HUNTER or COMMANDO, Bh is med to long range damage and will get u some extra creds from bounty hunting, commando is long range with fun area of effect weapons

second char has more choice with MEDIC which is always wanted by groups to rez and heal other players or OFFICER for group buffing and has some decent close damage as combat alts.  ENTERTAINER is a good non-com alt to make some creds buffing players

TRADER is being eroded due to the amount of free items being added

SPY is mostly a pvp class and the pvp content seems to be being changed from the sandbox take and hold to an instanced style so best wait and see before going for pvp class

SMUGGLER, well i only ever remember coming across 3 smugs in all the time i played so may be a better rp class than gaming class

JEDI is the lame duck profession, has been all the time i played(and should know i was jedi) but is more so now. The other profs still have an amount of customization in the choice of skills to train and u can change then pretty cheaply if u want to try dif ones, jedi its just dark side or light side and will have the same skills as every other jedi u meet. For jedi the beast master part of the game is not a viable option really anymore so no pets. And jedi are the least wanted prof to go into heroics. But if u want to be a jedi this is ur only option. There are other downside to playing jedi too btw.

As for the actual game from a more gamer perspective over a roleplayer perspective basically u lvl to max(the extra content of the wookie world and mustafar expansions will help with this and also contain some of the best content ingame). After u hit lvl 90 atm its either getting 7 other people to go heroic instance grinding or its collection grinding

Ans i stick by my previous comments too(complete online contains both rage of wookies and trial of obi expansions along with 30 days free and an at-rt so if u can get a cheap unused copy its the way to go)

please also don't forget others my be interested in this topic so maybe add to it(what roleplayers like would be useful add since i'm no rper)

P.S. if u like the shooty based content maybe try anarchy online too, a big chunk of AO is free to play too

This discussion has been closed.